09-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Hours before the wreck.

RiverDave
09-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Interesting video..
RD

mbrown2
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow...that's running in close quarters...

ultra27jay
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
am i missing something i dont see it...... :rollside:

MBlaster
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
That vid gave me the creeps.

Dan Lorenze
09-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Pretty close if you ask me.. Especially at that speed..

superdave013
09-14-2006, 05:21 AM
wimpy life jackets and no helmets ........
I guess we will never know but if any of them died from drowing or a head injury well .....
I've kept my mouth shut but I'll say it now. If you are going to drive any boat at race boat speeds you should wear the correct saftey gear. Oh, you also might want to tell everyone else with you that if $hit happens they prolly are gonna get killed too.
I know people have blasted me in that past on how safe these boats are at around the 100mph mark like these guy were said to be running. My question to those people is this. Do you run your faimly truckster that fast when it's loaded up with your loved ones? Of course not but ya don't think twice about doing it out on the water loaded up with your buddies.

IMPATIENT 1
09-14-2006, 05:30 AM
I guess we will never know but if any of them died from drowing or a head injury well .....
I've kept my mouth shut but I'll say it now. If you are going to drive any boat at race boat speeds you should wear the correct saftey gear. Oh, you also might want to tell everyone else with you that if $hit happens they prolly are gonna get killed too.
I know people have blasted me in that past on how safe these boats are at around the 100mph mark like these guy were said to be running. My question to those people is this. Do you run your faimly truckster that fast when it's loaded up with your loved ones? Of course not but ya don't think twice about doing it out on the water loaded up with your buddies.
i agree 100% if your by yourself and wanta play alittle away from other boats, have at it, but if your loved ones are with bring it down 10-12 notches! texoma is like a ocean bay as far as big rollers and such.it'll threw a 18ftr. all over the place, can't image a bigger boat not being really affected by them too.i think he got this close to the "kat" boat and hit a roller.if one of his mill lost power at these distance it would nailed the other too.the pics of the kat boat show almost a straight t bone to the side

superdave013
09-14-2006, 05:39 AM
wow, first reply and I did not get flamed. I bet by noon today I'll be flamed into well done. lol
I don't know what caused that wreck but like most others it can be chaulked up to "$hit happens.
What blows me away is every time something like this happens is some of the responses from people hear.
Most of them are like:
"OMG that's terrible" (Yes, every one of them are)
"OMG I can't believe that happened" (I hear this one alot. What do you mean you can't believe it? I can't believe it doesn't happen more often.)
Ok, flame away

Warlockjer
09-14-2006, 06:07 AM
SD ,Well put and I agree.........

IMPATIENT 1
09-14-2006, 06:16 AM
wow, first reply and I did not get flamed. I bet by noon today I'll be flamed into well done. lol
I don't know what caused that wreck but like most others it can be chaulked up to "$hit happens.
What blows me away is every time something like this happens is some of the responses from people hear.
Most of them are like:
"OMG that's terrible" (Yes, every one of them are)
"OMG I can't believe that happened" (I hear this one alot. What do you mean you can't believe it? I can't believe it doesn't happen more often.)
Ok, flame away
i think most of us feel the same way , but some peeps try and be all p.c. about it as not to offend someone.i posted the videos so people would see how dangerous this guy was drivin that day.its very sad the some people got killed due to his actions, wether it happened from mechanical failure or driver's error, this guy ran to close to others.

BadKachina
09-14-2006, 06:20 AM
I think it's reckless to pass that close to another boat at that speed. Any miss calculation, wave, roller, equipment failure and you could have some serious trouble. Oh, wait a minute, that is what happened......... :rolleyes:

DCBDaytona
09-14-2006, 06:25 AM
I agree with you SD...I love it when people ask me how fast I've been I say, "100mph," and they say, "that's it?" It'll go faster, but that's for me, the boat and my lifeline. Even at 100 anything can happen, and that's my limit with people in the boat.

CARLSON-JET
09-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Nobody would think to run that fast in a car without some sort of safety restraint. Why would they go for a long blast on the water without safety equiptment?. I think it is more insensitive to risk the lives of others without fully protecting them when they are in your boat. On the same note, to run at high speeds close to another boat in a non sanctioned event without safety personel at hand is also asking for trouble. R.B.

Howie Feltersnatch
09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
That was from a different event.
You want close? Here's close:
http://www.callanmarine.com/flash/videos/Fly_By.swf

BILLY.B
09-14-2006, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=superdave013]
QUOTE]You know what SD i've been saying this for a couple of years now. When I heard of this accident ( very sad ) I told my kids that it was bound to happen and was surprised it hadn't happened sooner. You take that many boats running at speeds of well over 100mph and that close together with 4 to 6 people on board your asking for trouble. Yeah we all love speed, and being on water just add's to it, but when something breaks we all know what can happen. Very ugly and it's just a drag that it takes something like this for people to think twice before running boats this close together. A couple of years back my family & I attended a poker run at Havasu ( to watch). We were just up the river (by speed alley) headed back to Needles (after the poker run) when the OB on my Hallett took a dive. We were right next to the weeds with me holding the boat so as not to float out into traffic and I was in SHOCK as to how many of these big boat DICKS!!! were racing within inches of my broken down boat with my family on board. Not to mention not stopping to offer any help :mad: . We were in a very bad postion and they could care less. My family was very upset and my hands were tied until we got a hold of Vessel Assist and they got us the hell out of there. I wouldn't wish that on any body. Pretty scary!!!.

Dusty Times
09-14-2006, 07:02 AM
None of the poker runs have ever ran up speed alley
There are alot of poker run style boats that still show up to poker runs to be a spectator or to even try to run without entering (knowing all the needs for safety, drivers meeting, etc) and seem to give the rest of us a bad name. Most of anyone who is a regular at these runs would have stopped to help right away.

kraig
09-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Howies video takes the cake. It is VERY STUPID to be that close to a racing lane.....people that are that close are just asking for trouble, and for the drivers of these should understand the situation they are in and run it a little further away, oh it's cool and all till someone gets splatted. Don't get me wrong I like speed...love it. But there has to be some control over one's actions.

Jbb
09-14-2006, 07:44 AM
That was from a different event.
You want close? Here's close:
http://www.callanmarine.com/flash/videos/Fly_By.swf
As far as Callans vid goes....I suppose the possibility exists that he was in the lane he belonged in for a speed run......and the spectators chose to put themselves in harms way...

OSUman
09-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Where is the video from "Just Jets"

mbrown2
09-14-2006, 07:55 AM
As far as Callans vid goes....I suppose the possibility exists that he was in the lane he belonged in for a speed run......and the spectators chose to put themselves inb harms way...
Ditto, that was a race or kilo run with the course outlined by someone else....those people are idiots for positioning themselves that close or race organizers were slacking in their layout.

Howie Feltersnatch
09-14-2006, 08:00 AM
If you step through the callan video, you can see that those people are actually standing at the end of a very short DOCK! They look to be about 15 or 20 feet from the shore... :2purples: :2purples:

Squeezing Spectra
09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
SD well said :)

rrrr
09-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Saw the Texoma poker run two years ago. Gordon and Leon Derebury were out front, running 120+ past a flotilla we were in. The entire field passed within 100 yards or less from the anchored boats.
Not real smart IMO. But the whole poker run deal is flawed. Big fast boats driven mostly by inexperienced wealthy people isn't the safest thing in the world....

Dan Lorenze
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
If you step through the callan video, you can see that those people are actually standing at the end of a very short DOCK! They look to be about 15 or 20 feet from the shore... :2purples: :2purples:
You are correct! If you pause the video just right you'll see the camera pan to the shore (which is right there)...

IMPATIENT 1
09-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Where is the video from "Just Jets"
i posted it there, i got it from someone on tx***boats site. it was taken the day of the accident on texoma.

Jbb
09-14-2006, 08:26 AM
i posted it there, i got it from someone on tx***boats site. it was taken the day of the accident on texoma.
Not according to a guy on OSO....
I agree with what has been said here.
Let me correct this video. "Cat outta Hell" was next to flash in this video. The day of the crash, "Cat outta Hell" was not on the water. This video was not taken "hours before the crash," it was taken at a previous run.
Details I know, but i thought i would clear that up.