PDA

View Full Version : RRll review.....

Moneypitt
01-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Am I the first one home to a computer? What a great way to spend an afternoon during the winter!! Jerry, What can I say? A real nice piece of work, you should be very proud.. Wayne, you silver talking devil , I had to keep reminding myself you hadn't been doing voice overs for years, You really made it entertaining, great work!!!.....Greg, thanks for your efforts and all the time you spent, "DR. PAIN"...........It was good seeing all the people, some I see at the races, and some I see at the "vacations".. Always a pleasure for me either way........I know I left out some of the people responsible for this big screen showing, thanks to all.................MP/Ray
Billy, he said Vale twice.........So I know you didn't do the final cutting.............

old rigger
01-15-2006, 06:23 PM
two thumbs up!
I laughed, I cried. I even won a T shirt.
Great job guys, not only on the film but for putting this deal together.

GofastRacer
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds like it was a great time!.. :cool: :cool:

Moneypitt
01-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Art, I think the "locals" are still at it. There were several different bars/dinnerhouses mentioned as a follow up..Maybe small groups so as not to overload any one place...........And, the Rookies showed up!!!(Chris and Sherl)..........!!!!

GofastRacer
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah I figured that much, wish I could have made it!.. :cry:

76BARRON
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
IT WAS A BLAST!!!
With so many of the "guilty" party's in attendence it was even better! :crossx:

Moneypitt
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, "ALL THE USUAL SUSPECTS" would have been real easy for ol' Kojak to round up, just like the "free TV" stings we see on cops..............MP

disco_charger
01-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I know I wasn't the only jetter in attendance, but I kept a low profile. I took my old man and we loved it. Thanks for an awesome afternoon, and thanks for not using the footage of me getting sent to the beach. :)

Hallett
01-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a great time i wish i could make it.
i have watched it three times on my big screen
but it would have been cool to be there. :)

77charger
01-15-2006, 07:20 PM
was pretty good seeing some familiar faces footage was pretty good lots of coverage.
I had to leave at the break got home and woke up a lil while ago.

Moneypitt
01-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Bob, your boat was killer.....You and Lisa looked great.............Ray

dmontzsta
01-15-2006, 08:15 PM
It was awesome to see it on the big screen. It was also good to see some old faces. I am just upset I did not get to hang around at the end. Me and the Mrs wanted to shoot the shit at the end. My son and brother in law were "tired and hungry", plus I had to drive to Buena Park and then back to Moreno Valley. That is the only thing I regret, sometimes it is just better to not invite people. :220v:

beerjet
01-15-2006, 09:07 PM
bein a jetter in a theatre full of v-drives was very interestin considering all the shots at the jets but in the end it's all good and a bad ass ride is a bad ass ride . I think jerry did an amazing job on the video and with it beein 3 hours long , if you cant get your fill on that your mental health is in question. I thought I was gonna need a wheel chair to get to my truck I was so stuffed with footage but at the same time I felt like an addict cuz I wanted more. I guess I'm a glutten for punishment.One thing is for sure, I'm gonna have to add a v-drive to my growin stable of crap.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Everything went off without a hitch! :cool: Thank you Sangerboy and everyone supporting the cause! :)
I had a great time hangin with my buddys and making some new ones. :cool: :cool:
I think we should've announced that the bonus footage was coming after the credits, a lot of people left early and missed it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Donald, next time I call you out for a race, bring your "race car". :sleeping: :D
JG

dmontzsta
01-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Everything went off without a hitch! :cool: Thank you Sangerboy and everyone supporting the cause! :)
I had a great time hangin with my buddys and making some new ones. :cool: :cool:
I think we should've announced that the bonus footage was coming after the credits, a lot of people left early and missed it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Donald, next time I call you out for a race, bring your "race car". :sleeping: :D
JG
Next time, I will have some better excuses.
:)

Moneypitt
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Jerry, say it aint so, you're kidding, right?..........Bonus footage!! Yes, I would say you should have announced it.........Ray.......

h20skiracer
01-15-2006, 10:14 PM
The footage was great! The way the whole thing came together was awesome! Thank you for putting the time and effort into putting something together like this! Keep it up!

GofastRacer
01-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Jerry, say it aint so, you're kidding, right?..........Bonus footage!! Yes, I would say you should have announced it.........Ray.......
Yep bonus footage, I take it you missed it!.. :D

BILLY.B
01-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Sanger Boy....You did a excellent job organizing the deal. A whole lot of effort for all of us to enjoy. Thanks...
Jerry....Super job!!!!. I waited to see it on the big screen and it was well worth it. Bonus footage was awesome. Storming Red Rock will always be a classic. Thanks for the time and effort.
Wayne...Nice job Chief. I believe I heard a chuckle in there also. And I believe it had something to do with the Nazi.....Nice!!!.
When we were at the go-cart track on Saturday (Guru / Hud / Mike / FlatStupid / Me / Vdrives4ever & his nephew David (Rattle Can Lou's son) and there friend Doug it was really cool. And that wouldn't of been possible without Hot Boat. Com. I have made some really great friends over the course of the last couple of years and that makes this really special. It's a tight neat group and I really feel that in a crisis they would all have your back. I hope this continues grow and if we end up losing places to run our stuff we can always have a group get together to show our stuff off, kinda like a hot rod show. After all it's all about friendship in the end.
And to Moneypitts comment about Dick Vales name coming up 2 times in the movie...I've said it before, Dick does awesome work. He and I started at about the same time. We are great friends, and there is no jealously what so ever. I value his friendship. Granted we make comments to each other but it's all in good fun.
Last but not least....."Rattle Can Lou Magoo".....I love ya Buddy!!!!

Jetboatguru
01-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Sangerboy, thank you very much for putting the DVD on the "Big Screen." That was a great place and it was a blast to. The question I kept hearing asked is "how did he manage to get this deal set up?" However you did it, you made it happen.
Jerry, all of your countless hours of footage came together in a classic DVD. Without you and your camera, we wouldn't have an event like this. Thanks for always being on the spot.
Billy is right. Our whole group of V drivers came about from the internet and ***boat. It was great to see the Jetboat guys showing their support for RR2.
Saturday at Pole Position was a riot! Hats off to David Minegar for taking home the Gold and Flat Stupid for The Silver medal. The Minegars represented well. Thank you to Doug for having us over to his humble abode.
Tony

Speedin' Ian
01-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Great job everyone! It was great to see everyone and watch the video on the big screen

superdave013
01-16-2006, 09:38 AM
yeah, I almost missed the bonus stuff. I did miss some of it.
But I did enjoy seeing wuwsher going for a ride with "the tick".
I have never met that Larry Cook guy but he was the funnist mofo for sure. I'm still cracking up over the "Nor Cal Faaaaaaagggggggggg" haha.
The helmet cam was bad a$$.
All and all it was a good time and if Jerry was not on cloud 9 he should have been.

76BARRON
01-16-2006, 10:34 AM
My guess is after "Doctor Pain" put this thing together that the theater
Ultra Star Cinemas saw the light and is now advertising that their theaters can be rented out for things like this. Last week I recieved a coupon/advertisment from them anouncing this new rental option.
Way to go DOC !
Soooo............... I wonder if RR3 is in the works yet ?????? :D

dmontzsta
01-16-2006, 10:39 AM
My guess is after "Doctor Pain" put this thing together that the theater
Ultra Star Cinemas saw the light and is now advertising that their theaters can be rented out for things like this. Last week I recieved a coupon/advertisment from them anouncing this new rental option.
Way to go DOC !
Soooo............... I wonder if RR3 is in the works yet ?????? :D
The theater did not take atm cards from Bank of America or Wells Fargo, I was shocked. :)
I was wondering about RR3 also, but I dont want to ask Jerry, he is still recovering from RR2.

Schiada76
01-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Great deal! Thanks for all the effort on Greg's part and Jerry's hard work. Hope the theater deal helped out on a little profit for your effort.
I too was with some not so hard core boat addicts and was forced to bail at the credits. :rolleyes:
Wifey did demand I plug it in when I got home though since I told her we had our 1.5 seconds of fame.
Now if I can just my junk back together for Needles. :idea:

Moneypitt
01-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Billy, you know it is all in fun.....No disrespect meant, but you knew that...This show, is afterall the boats, and the people are secondary. This was quite likely the best collection of the truly awesome results possible when the people involved work from their hearts, and you Billy, have shown how big your heart really is...........(141 and change, WOW, and that was way short of a kilo). I am aware of your respect for the work of others, and the respect you've earned from others, and always enjoy looking at the best of the best..........Ray

dmontzsta
01-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Billy, you know it is all in fun.....No disrespect meant, but you knew that...This show, is afterall the boats, and the people are secondary. This was quite likely the best collection of the truly awesome results possible when the people involved work from their hearts, and you Billy, have shown how big your heart really is...........(141 and change, WOW, and that was way short of a kilo). I am aware of your respect for the work of others, and the respect you've earned from others, and always enjoy looking at the best of the best..........Ray
Billy does have a big heart, he is a great guy. He has such a big heart, he offered to paint my boat for free! you are a swell guy Billy B. :)

76BARRON
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Billy does have a big heart, he is a great guy. He has such a big heart, he offered to paint my boat for free! you are a swell guy Billy B. :)
that's because your atm card ain't no good! :crossx:

dmontzsta
01-16-2006, 04:06 PM
that's because your atm card ain't no good! :crossx:
Were you standing behind me in line? damnit, I was hoping nobody heard that.

ColeTR2
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Were you standing behind me in line? damnit, I was hoping nobody heard that.
This is what happens when trying to put together a boat.

dmontzsta
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
This is what happens when trying to put together a boat.
lol, so true.
Also, when you have a wife and kid. lol

BILLY.B
01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Billy, you know it is all in fun.....No disrespect meant, but you knew that...This show, is afterall the boats, and the people are secondary. This was quite likely the best collection of the truly awesome results possible when the people involved work from their hearts, and you Billy, have shown how big your heart really is...........(141 and change, WOW, and that was way short of a kilo). I am aware of your respect for the work of others, and the respect you've earned from others, and always enjoy looking at the best of the best..........RayI knew you were screwing with me Ray. I really enjoy looking at all the boats. Some people think that when I come walking up to there ride i'm going to pick it apart, and thats not true. I always feel that people do what they can afford to do, and I can appreciate that. I just love boats. And no matter how burned out I get from time to time it's my passion. I will always help anyone I can especially a person just starting out because I was there once and I know how that it is. I just want this to continue to grow. HELL were on the verge of bringing hot boats back to the forefront. Not to mention the new friends were all making. Jack Landers said it best to me today "you know Billy it's like one big family and it's great to see"!!!!. I for one am having one hell of a time!!!!

dmontzsta
01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I must admit. When I first bought my boat, it was having some trailer work done at KT. Jerry wanted me to swing by his house, he said Billy was there waiting. I thought to myself for a second..."Now comes the time, I realize I bought a turd". Billy was TOTALLY opposite of that. He told me what to do and just what I had. He also told me what to do to get it going. I was shocked, I was thinking I had to redo the entire boat. I am actually doing more to it, than he recommended I do to get it going. I left that day so pumped up, I was ready to set the world on fire with my new toy. I to think of it as a family deal, life would be dull without my hot rodding V-DRIVE family. :)

Schiada76
01-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I knew you were screwing with me Ray. I really enjoy looking at all the boats. Some people think that when I come walking up to there ride i'm going to pick it apart, and thats not true. I always feel that people do what they can afford to do, and I can appreciate that. I just love boats. And no matter how burned out I get from time to time it's my passion. I will always help anyone I can especially a person just starting out because I was there once and I know how that it is. I just want this to continue to grow. HELL were on the verge of bringing hot boats back to the forefront. Not to mention the new friends were all making. Jack Landers said it best to me today "you know Billy it's like one big family and it's great to see"!!!!. I for one am having one hell of a time!!!!
UHHHHHHHH Dad,
Can I borrow the credit card and the boat for the weekend?

BILLY.B
01-16-2006, 05:35 PM
UHHHHHHHH Dad,
Can I borrow the credit card and the boat for the weekend?RIGHT!!!! :rollside:

Jetboatguru
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
RIGHT!!!! :rollside:
uh huh

BILLY.B
01-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice CHIEF!!!!

lindalou
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
What a weekend. Just called my Dr. and asked if i could get into the 12 stepper in the morning. I will respond to everything in the morning. You guys are all the greatest. Billy, Dave S. VanBeenen, Tony Greg HHUUUDD, You are all a great group of guys. Tony, I personally want to apologize for the ass kicken my kid handed ya bra. J/K Till the mornin....RCL Magooooo

MR.T
01-18-2006, 06:12 AM
WOW, what a weekend. Go-kart racing/driving was a blast (I think the Idahoans cheat by throwing in a ringer J/K). Dave also drives a late model car. Diamond plate Lou used to drive, untill he ran out of talent! A big thank you to Billy B for taking the time off and putting up with us Nor Cal peeps. And Flat Stupid for the great time. Diamond plate Lou, please tell Doug and Toni thank you for the drivers meeting sunday morning. It was nice to meet the San Diego contingent (Dave Sammonds,Darnel,Van Beenan and everyone else). Untill the next gettogether, SEEYA. Mike

vdriver4ever
01-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Doug and Toni love those early "drivers meetings". I will make sure they know how much everyone appreciated it.
It was a blast running carts with you guys. I told my nephew I let him down by not finishing right behind him... I guess I just ran out of talent :)
We will be out June 17th for a race in Irwindale. Perhaps we will see some of you then. I am going to be in SD Feb. 4th for business so I will drop in on the SD crowd.

BILLY.B
01-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Doug and Toni love those early "drivers meetings".
We will be out June 17th for a race in Irwindale. So i'll tell Toni & Doug to get ready for a big BB-QUE & maybe a cocktail or two so we can do this all over again... Perhaps we will see some of you then. Can't wait.

Haulinace9
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
It was fun to get to go hang out with all you guys last weekend- thanks for taking me in.....Billy B I gotta say I was impressed at how fast your boat was...I won't talk any crap about the go-carts- hopefully we will see you in Irwindale on June 17, it looks like I may be racing..so I expect a big party-
Dave (I guess I'll say son of Rattle Can Lou and nephew of Diamond Plate Lou)

QuickJet
01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
That movie was AWESOME. The footage, comentary and interviews were extrememly professional. Jerry, you did an awesome job man.
And thanks to Greg for taking on the task of getting it to the screen. The whole experience made my weekend.

Schiada76
01-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Gawdmanit Jerry!!!! :mad: :mad:
You fawker!!!! :mad: :mad:
I wait all this time to see RRII, go to the premier on Sunday, watch the entire movie, buy a couple of DVD's and now I keep watching the damn thing over and over!!!!!!!! My wife thinks I'm nuts and might just be just starting to agree with her. Good thing the weekend is here so I can wrench on the project. :D
First thing I gotta do though is get the TV and the DVD player into the garage. :idea: :idea:
Anyone ever assemble a motor while watching TV?