PDA

View Full Version : Race Dates Revised - NJBA 06 Schedule

Willis
01-15-2006, 07:31 PM
January 14, 2006
Hello every one,
:argue:
Just wanted to make an addendum to the race date schedule.
Just got and up date from Kern County Parks & Recreation.
:messedup:
The May and June dates changed.
The revised dates have been changed on the boat bucks.
Please down load a new one from this thread for the current dates. As you are aware, all of the race dates are tentative and may change.
If they change, I will keep you apprised. :)
Willis

UBFJ #454
01-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Willis ... Once again the NJBA's Nationals schedule conflicts with IHBA World Finals ... How are you guys going to resolve that this year? Also, as posted the Nationals are scheduled for Sunday & Monday.

mj680
01-16-2006, 06:34 AM
WILLIS...the NJBA race on Sept 16-17 2006 is on the same weekend as
the Thunder Boat/IHBA race in San Diego. Ron :argue:

BUSBY
01-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Willis ... Once again the NJBA's Nationals schedule conflicts with IHBA World Finals ... How are you guys going to resolve that this year? Also, as posted the Nationals are scheduled for Sunday & Monday.
NO ... not our fault this time ... I faxed and called Charlie about the dates in October before his schedule was made, and while I was at the World Finals ... I spoke to him face to face ... he planned his finals date on top of ours.
The olny race that we could not change was San Diego ... Charlie and I spoke about him running the second weekend in November this year ... he obviously didn't care or consider NJBA.
Willis ... don't post up date changes until they have been approved by the board.

Cs19
01-16-2006, 09:21 AM
It sounds like the schedule for NJBA is not in stone yet.

Jetboatguru
01-16-2006, 09:30 AM
NO ... not our fault this time ... I faxed and called Charlie about the dates in October before his schedule was made, and while I was at the World Finals ... I spoke to him face to face ... he planned his finals date on top of ours.
The olny race that we could not change was San Diego ... Charlie and I spoke about him running the second weekend in November this year ... he obviously didn't care or consider NJBA.
Willis ... don't post up date changes until they have been approved by the board.
Welcome to Feganomics 101!!
Sorry to hear the news Busby

BUSBY
01-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Welcome to Feganomics 101!!
Sorry to hear the news Busby
tell me about it ... and all of this while I was making negotiating NJBA hosting two IHBA divisional races ... I guess that shows me how much he wants to work with other org's ... kinda sucks ...

BUSBY
01-16-2006, 09:41 AM
It sounds like the schedule for NJBA is not in stone yet.
The NJBA schedule is set, has been set by the board since last October. Kern County has come back with conflicting events on the lake on a couple of races ... but that doesn't mean that we have to run there.
With the way Kern County wants us to run, we would only have one weekend off between the April & May races. This will not work. If we do not get another place to hold the race, there is a possibility of having to cancel the May race ... which none of us want to do.
But the schedule stands as voted by the board ... until the Feburary 7th meeting, at that point we will be able to look at all of the options and make an appropriate decision on what to do.
Lake Elsinore is a possibility at this point.

mj680
01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
tell me about it ... and all of this while I was making negotiating NJBA hosting two IHBA divisional races ... I guess that shows me how much he wants to work with other org's ... kinda sucks ...
Brian...Charlie Fegan does not set the dates for San Diego or the Finals.
Those dates are set by the City Of San Diego and by Firebird Raceway.
They have not changed in the last several years.So the only dates moving are NJBA or Kern County. Ron :cool: :argue:

UBFJ #454
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Brian, mj680 is right ... Charlie Allen sets the date for The World Finals as he Promotes the Race ... CF has nothing to say about it. This past year CF asked for an additional day for The Finals and Charlie Allen said No ... He felt CF didn't need another day.
For what ever it's worth CF only Promotes 1 Race ... The Spring LakeFest and Allen has Final Say as to its date, no matter what CF asks for.

Willis
01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello every one,
:argue:
As you can see, the NJBA officers are working on the conflicks.
We will keep you posted as the changes to the dates.
Sorry about the premature posting, Brian is correct.
The boat bucks diacount will have too change and this time, I'll have to wait for the new dates and changes to be voted on.
Again, sorry for the "too quick response".
Willis

BUSBY
01-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Brian...Charlie Fegan does not set the dates for San Diego or the Finals.
Those dates are set by the City Of San Diego and by Firebird Raceway.
They have not changed in the last several years.So the only dates moving are NJBA or Kern County. Ron :cool: :argue:
Well that's funny ... why would Fegan say that he would work with us then in regards to the finals? We intentionally asked for the date we did because he said he would be running the 2nd weekend this year.
San Diego we knew about, and there was nothing we could do about the weekend due to other org's useage of Ming.
Interesting how NJBA is trying to work it out for the racers though ... and are the only ones from how it looks ...
As I said ... I spoke to CF ... and NJBA tried to avoid IHBA when planning where we could ... but I guess it didn't work out as CF said it would. Maybe he did it on purpose. :confused:

Squirtin Thunder
01-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Well that's funny ... why would Fegan say that he would work with us then in regards to the finals? We intentionally asked for the date we did because he said he would be running the 2nd weekend this year.
San Diego we knew about, and there was nothing we could do about the weekend due to other org's useage of Ming.
Interesting how NJBA is trying to work it out for the racers though ... and are the only ones from how it looks ...
As I said ... I spoke to CF ... and NJBA tried to avoid IHBA when planning where we could ... but I guess it didn't work out as CF said it would. Maybe he did it on purpose. :confused:
Brian Next year I hope to have a little input with the SCSC and APBA as far as race dates. I am fully aware that we all have to work together to promote boat racing as a whole.

Willis
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Hello every one,
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-10/61269/PSIHound.gif
The New PSI Hound lol
Had to share my puppie.
Willis