PDA

View Full Version : Charger Game In Havasu on Dish?

Havasu Cig
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
The Dish Network online guide says the Charger game will be broadcast on CBS West for the mountain time zone. Anybody out there with dish that can confirm this? I could not get good tickets to the game and it is blacked out in SD so I will make the drive if it is going to be on...

Not So Fast
09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
My son has Dish and last year he got just about every Charger game on the CBS West channel, needless to say I was there and its a hell of a bargain, something like $2.50 @ month. :D GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!! NSF

phebus
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I have dish here in Havasu, and I just went to the on screen guide for Sunday, and the two 1:00 games they show being broadcast are Kansas City vs Denver, and Arizona vs Seatle.

Havasu Cig
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Great, the online guide says CBS West will broadcast the Charger game, but it only list the game by time zones. I know it can't be the same for the whole time zone. I called Dish Network and the guy had never even heard of the Chargers. :rolleyes:
Phebus, thanks for checking and saving me the drive... :cool:

Havasu Cig
09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
It's nt blacked out yet. The deadline was 1:30 and just after 2 the NFL granted them a 24 hour extension becuase they played Monday night instead of Sunday.
I am still hoping they sell out otherwise I will have to find a scalper. Ebay still has some good tickets left with the sellers personally delivering the tickets.
Forensic
Yeah I saw that they had extended it. I hope Sycuan or the local channel broadcasting the game picks up the tickets. They need a new stadium where they don't have any really bad seats and this would not be a problem. All the ones left are terrible.

Havasu Cig
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Hopefully Barona or one the local businesses will buy the remaining tickets. If the game is blacked out locally, it should not affect you in Havasu, unless you're getting your satellite on your SoCal home service. The west coast feed of CBS will carry the game, it will only be blacked out in the Chargers "home" territory, which is about a 75 mile radius around the stadium.
According to Phebus they are showing different games in that time slot. I called Dish 3 times and got 2 different answers, and two of the three have never even heard of the Chargers. :rolleyes:
I have two feeds out there. One is AZ the other is San Diego. If I can see the game on the AZ feed I will make a weekend of it and drive out there, if not I was not planning on going for two weeks. I don't want to make the 300 mile trip and find out that they are showing a different game.
Havasu needs a Hooter's so you can go watch any game you want. :) :cool:
Anybody else have any info?

phebus
09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
I will check the on screen guide a little later, and see if there is any change in listings, but as of now, the Chargers game isn't listed as one of the televised games.