PDA

View Full Version : divilman

jetboat
09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
dude. iam redoing i think the only remaining engine cover for the avenger.with a lot of mods to go along with the new stuff on the engine.it will be done with out the paint for the up coming get together.no photos,just a suprise.

Greaser
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey!!! Glad to see things are starting to come together for ya. Are ya coming to plowmans?
I saw this on craigslist the other day, and figured you and devilman would like to see it....
http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/189993605.html

Brazos River Rat
09-15-2006, 03:35 AM
Hey Steve:
Did the starter work ???

Devilman
09-15-2006, 03:40 AM
dude. iam redoing i think the only remaining engine cover for the avenger.with a lot of mods to go along with the new stuff on the engine.it will be done with out the paint for the up coming get together.no photos,just a suprise.
The guy I bought my boat from says the engine cover is still around & can be had, but with OT headers it wouldn't work anyway, so I never bothered with going & trying to get it. They do look pretty smooth with the covers on though. I saw a green one at Lake Somerville last summer, all original with covered engine, etc.... Nice... Steve, you betta get after it, Plowmans is only a couple of weeks away... :crossx:

Avenger 1975
09-15-2006, 04:49 AM
I've got a closed engine compartment with original cover on my '75 Avenger. I spoke with Bob Brown, the owner of Cee Bee last week and asked him a few questions on original setup of the boat, pretty interesting. I have to add some angle flanges to support the cover, they are gone and all the weight is on the hinges, too much stress. I'd be curious to see what you are using for hinges, I want something heavier than the original strap hinges if possible.
I need to replace my rear buckets with a bench of some sort, there is no rear legroom with 4 buckets in the boat. Is building a bench the only way to do this, or does someone sell them all assembled?

jetboat
09-15-2006, 05:11 AM
the avenger on craigs list was just like mine to start with,but has been really tweeked.kenney,you could install the cover and still have the headers,its a matter of channeling and sectioning the original,belive me i;ve done it!.just have to know how to work with fiberglass and resin.growing up in california and surfing as a kid,did a lot of fiberglass repairs and made a board once.

jetboat
09-15-2006, 05:23 AM
I've got a closed engine compartment with original cover on my '75 Avenger. I spoke with Bob Brown, the owner of Cee Bee last week and asked him a few questions on original setup of the boat, pretty interesting. I have to add some angle flanges to support the cover, they are gone and all the weight is on the hinges, too much stress. I'd be curious to see what you are using for hinges, I want something heavier than the original strap hinges if possible.
I need to replace my rear buckets with a bench of some sort, there is no rear legroom with 4 buckets in the boat. Is building a bench the only way to do this, or does someone sell them all assembled?
to support the cover,there are a couple many ways.to spread the load,you can install a 2'' alu'nm rail on both sides with foam tape on top so it wont scrach the top.and as for the hinges,i'am ordering a pair from dana marine powder coated to match the boat.they cost around $45.00 ea.and the front pins will be a little different due to the modified alu'mn fire wall.pictures to follow soon as it all together.hope before plowmans?have to make a cranle for grandaughter #5. also i installed 4 buckets that have two mounting locations so seats can be turned aruond for watching the tubers.

Devilman
09-15-2006, 06:06 AM
If you look right at the back edge of the seat on each side, you can see some pins mounted there. I don't know if that was the factory set-up or some home built set-up. Seems like it would support the front of the engine cover though. I took them off, cause they were just in the way. The hinges were already gone.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812Jet_Boat10.jpg
Not sure if they can be bought or not, I had to rebuild all the seat stuff, frames, backs, everything cause it was completely rotten. Took the measurements off the old stuff & snapped a couple of pics of them before chunking them. Mine has a swivel bucket for the driver seat & then a rear bench that wraps around the side. Quite a bit of room with it set up like that.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812river28.jpg

esabataj
09-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaas up
"DIVILMAN"?
Thought you were going to call me back the other day.

Devilman
09-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaas up
"DIVILMAN"?
Thought you were going to call me back the other day.
You frikkin crybaby. :D LOL

jetboat
09-15-2006, 07:36 AM
You frikkin crybaby. :D LOL
those were the original pin locations.if you can locate the cover,i would be happy to redo the cover to accept the headers,i belive it will work.and like my previous note,mount it all toghter different.

Devilman
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
those were the original pin locations.if you can locate the cover,i would be happy to redo the cover to accept the headers,i belive it will work.and like my previous note,mount it all toghter different.
I may check into it. I haven't stayed in touch with the previous owner & that was almost 2 years ago. If I can manage to get my hands on it, I'll give you a shout, see if anything can be done with it...
Hmmmm, I wonder how much $$$ I could get for it..... :crossx:

jetboat
09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
I may check into it. I haven't stayed in touch with the previous owner & that was almost 2 years ago. If I can manage to get my hands on it, I'll give you a shout, see if anything can be done with it...
Hmmmm, I wonder how much $$$ I could get for it..... :crossx:
dont know,but like i said be happy to work on it for you.but also would need the boat.

IMPATIENT 1
09-15-2006, 08:34 AM
steve, you and charlie get the starter prob fixed???

jetboat
09-15-2006, 09:14 AM
steve, you and charlie get the starter prob fixed???
welllllllll!?''#$%^&*/?we think so?there dumber than sxxt.they had the teeth on the starter going the wrong way 6 times until the cuuontry boy charlie told them like it is!.probley will call the creditcard co. and reverse the charges until they see it our way.hope to see ya next weekend?

IMPATIENT 1
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
welllllllll!?''#$%^&*/?we think so?there dumber than sxxt.they had the teeth on the starter going the wrong way 6 times until the cuuontry boy charlie told them like it is!.probley will call the creditcard co. and reverse the charges until they see it our way.hope to see ya next weekend?
still huntin another vehicle, if i find something i'll be there.someone's comin from rockwall tommorrow evening(seems to be the real deal) to drive impatient 1.may get lucky and not have a boat to go to texoma in,lol.i'll ride with you and charlie!

IMPATIENT 1
09-15-2006, 10:32 AM
i put my full bottle of no2 in the boat last nite. i'm gonna make a couple of real hard race passes with this guy and hope he gets addicted to the boat! :crossx:

Avenger 1975
09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the comments and pics. Devilman, I like that wrap around seat layout, I think I might set mine up that way, frees up a lot of room. I do have the hatch pins on mine, I run clevis pins through to lock the hatch down.
Jetboat, do you have a part number of the Dana hinges you are buying? I look forward to seeing more pics of your setup. My goal is to get these items done in the next few months as I have a guy lined up to paint the boat this winter. I have no idea how I'll decide on a color scheme.

Devilman
09-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the comments and pics. Devilman, I like that wrap around seat layout, I think I might set mine up that way, frees up a lot of room. I do have the hatch pins on mine, I run clevis pins through to lock the hatch down.
Jetboat, do you have a part number of the Dana hinges you are buying? I look forward to seeing more pics of your setup. My goal is to get these items done in the next few months as I have a guy lined up to paint the boat this winter. I have no idea how I'll decide on a color scheme.
No problem.... Far as I can tell, its a factory original seating arrangement. They may have had different layouts to pic from, I dunno. I've seen a few others like it, along with 2 front buckets with a rear bench, even a couple others.
I was just looking to see if I still had all the measurements from when I rebuilt the seats. I found my sketches of the frames & stuff, but no actual numbers yet... That sux.....
Anything comes to mind, lemme know. I'll give ya what info I can... :cool:

jetboat
09-15-2006, 12:08 PM
No problem.... Far as I can tell, its a factory original seating arrangement. They may have had different layouts to pic from, I dunno. I've seen a few others like it, along with 2 front buckets with a rear bench, even a couple others.
I was just looking to see if I still had all the measurements from when I rebuilt the seats. I found my sketches of the frames & stuff, but no actual numbers yet... That sux.....
Anything comes to mind, lemme know. I'll give ya what info I can... :cool:
kenney,what you have set up was original to our style with the windshield.the boat looks good bud,nice job on the seating now that ive seen a picture.

Devilman
09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
kenney,what you have set up was original to our style with the windshield.the boat looks good bud,nice job on the seating now that ive seen a picture.
Cool to know. Thanks Steve, appreciate that. Waay nicer than what was in there when I bought it, thats fer damn sure. :rollside:

jetboat
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Cool to know. Thanks Steve, appreciate that. Waay nicer than what was in there when I bought it, thats fer damn sure. :rollside:
siging off,going to the lake,boat or no boat,.