PDA

View Full Version : So I am riding my bike today thinking of my upcoming Tahoe trip and......

DILLIGAF
09-14-2006, 07:26 PM
the bike seems to be acting a little strange. I am on the fwy and it feels a little squirley. I still was going about 80 but it just didn't seem right. As I exited off the fwy I decided to check the front end and the tire pressure. Tire pressure on the front was good and visually I looked at the back. It seemed fine. I drove the 1/2 mile to my house and parked on the sidewalk and saw my tire track. WTF! By this time the back tire was completely flat. So I am looking at it and the ****in' bike falls over on it's side. When all the air left the back tire the bike shifted and fell :(. The solid bag on the left side is scratched on the underside and isn't to bad. I call the dealer and they get me in today to swap the tires out and I will have the bike back late tomorrow. Then I see the fender is scratched :mad: It was a bitch but I picked the bike up and loaded it onto the trailer.
The good news? Well, it could have happened up in Tahoe, I could have crashed on the fwy at 80 or going around one of the mountain roads in the Sierras. I guess today actually was a good day :)
Only way I want to think about it right now anyhow. How is that for being resilient and positive?

nodigg
09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
OUCH! But at least it was ONLY the bike that got scratched this time.

riverbound
09-14-2006, 07:32 PM
the bike seems to be acting a little strange. I am on the fwy and it feels a little squirley. I still was going about 80 but it just didn't seem right. As I exited off the fwy I decided to check the front end and the tire pressure. Tire pressure on the front was good and visually I looked at the back. It seemed fine. I drove the 1/2 mile to my house and parked on the sidewalk and saw my tire track. WTF! By this time the back tire was completely flat. So I am looking at it and the ****in' bike falls over on it's side. When all the air left the back tire the bike shifted and fell :(. The solid bag on the left side is scratched on the underside and isn't to bad. I call the dealer and they get me in today to swap the tires out and I will have the bike back late tomorrow. Then I see the fender is scratched :mad: It was a bitch but I picked the bike up and loaded it onto the trailer.
The good news? Well, it could have happened up in Tahoe or I could have crashed on the fwy at 80 or going around one of the mountain roads in the Sierras. I guess today actually was a good day :)
Only way I want to think about it right now anyhow. How is that for being resilient and positive?
I had the same thing happen to me once. but I had a passenger on the back:( luckily we were on our way to the dealer. after that I really havnet felt comfortable riding people on the back. If I kill myslef thats one thing, but if someone else gets hurt thats another. now I just ride Solo.

riverbound
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh...and luckily the bike got scratched an not you. paint can be fixed.

rmarion
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
that sux about the scratched bags.............glad you got her home SAFELY!!!