PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Brendella

riverrat247
09-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the advise yesterday. I am concerned about the way the boat is acting on my first voyage. The boat is gorgous, but anything over 50 or so it goes into a horrible porpoise act. This weekend I plan to adjust the tab but I don't know if that will do it. The boat is all original as described yesterday in a prev. thread. Hard to believe this boat is acting this way, have tried to stay in the throttle but just don't want to damage this classic boat..any thoughts....
thanks

lucky
09-15-2006, 06:29 AM
if you can post some pics of the Prop/strut - and engine location - would seem you have to do a lil balancing / Prop location adjustment - Or just build a huge motor to carry the nose lol ( my cent and ahalf )

Itsahobby
09-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Personally, 50mph would be good enough for me. It looks like a very clean boat, why tear it up? It's a crowd pleaser and, I bet, great to ski behind.
Jerry

riverrat247
09-15-2006, 07:17 AM
will post more pics after the weekend, unfort @ work now dreamin'

dmontzsta
09-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the advise yesterday. I am concerned about the way the boat is acting on my first voyage. The boat is gorgous, but anything over 50 or so it goes into a horrible porpoise act. This weekend I plan to adjust the tab but I don't know if that will do it. The boat is all original as described yesterday in a prev. thread. Hard to believe this boat is acting this way, have tried to stay in the throttle but just don't want to damage this classic boat..any thoughts....
thanks
The old heavy ski flats are notorious for that. I used to have a sore left foot after driving straight, just from contstantly working the damn pedal to keep a good set. You definately need to get the plates set right, and get ready to add more power and move the engine up, if you want to keep a good set and go fast.

riverrat247
09-15-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd hate to have to move the motor, this things a piece of art, could weight be added in bow to stabilize in conjustion w/plate adj.?? Check out the picture attached...

dmontzsta
09-15-2006, 07:56 AM
You are right, the boat is a work of art, it is beautiful. If I were you, I would just keep it as is and not try to make it fast, it is a sweet ride, just cruise it and enjoy!

riverrat247
09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I would agree, just would like to hear that old ford wind out a little more before I have to get out of it..Is there anyone who could guide me to getting all the distances and measurement of prop/strut/weight/hp (app. 475-500hp) or anyone w/a similar boat set-up?? thanks again

QuickJet
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
That things is gorgeouse!!! I like the boat too.
If you are looking to go fast, I would buy a second boat just for that purpose. Winter is coming and prices are falling. That boat is too clean to make it something it's not.
I'd take care of the porpouse problem tough.

RUSSO
09-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Do you have more pics...Sure looks alot like my boat....I wish it was still a wood decker...

riverrat247
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
thanks all, I will post more pictures of whole boat so eveyone can give me they're two cents..I will write a new thread so you can find me easier