PDA

View Full Version : I Promised Them I Would, So I Am...

Stingray69
09-15-2006, 06:46 AM
I Promised Them I Would, So I Am...
I've seen a lot of Marine Performance rip-offs, lately. I will not refer to the exact victims, as they and most here are very familiar with the details. I hate to see it, because it gives the MP industry a bad name, and casts a shadow of distrust across the Hobby.
But I am a victim as well, now, and asking for advice, and giving warning to those that would like to avoid the same trouble, themselves. Maybe you are one who has had a GOOD experience with this company, but MY experience leaves much to be desired.
I am not boating for yet another year this year, due to my having been ripped off about half of what my Custom CMI tailpieces will cost. I have tried calling Ohio Performance; yet the number on the website was not valid. I have e-mailed them directly, AND from thru their OWN website's 'Contact Us' page. In April, I recieved an e-mail response to my e-mail, asking for a quote on my needs, that stated they would contact CMI for a current quote, as I ran out of time for the project last year.
I have received no correspondence of any kind since then, cannot contact them in any way, and am contacting several lawyers for advice and commissioning litigation to attempt to try and settle the matter.
Your attention to this situation and word-of-mouth warnings to any friends seeking Marine Performance parts will save others from an unnecessary problem and attempt to impart some justice in this matter.
Of course, First Impulse is to take matters into my holds, literally, but I do not want to compound my trouble.
Does anybody have any suggestions or strategies to help resolve this problem?
Thanks,
Sting

schlepy
09-15-2006, 07:00 AM
tyring to resolve the matter first over the phone is always a pain in the ass. showing up in person (if it is close to you) worked for me. If that doesnt work you are doing the right thing by contacting a lawyer, only if they are a legit business. you may be able to go after some assests and hurt their business with BBB and letting everyone know what a bad company they are to do business with. If they are a shady company they will not give a shiat even if you take them to court. I had to sue someone in this industry only to win in court and still never received one dime. the court system is f'ed up. i just wrote it off and learned a big lesson.

CBadDad
09-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your challenges. Always a bummer when things go sour. I wish I had some advice for you, but sounds like your handling it the best way possible. Good luck.

Stingray69
09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
http://ohioperformance.com/about.php