PDA

View Full Version : Almost pulled of something cool for HB's:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-15-2006, 07:15 AM
We have done more Business at one of the So Cali Motorcyle dealers than anyone they told us.
We don't recomend the place, just because the place continously sux, not for this thread story:
We saved probably $14k over the past year buying motorized toys from them compaired to price quotes elsewhere. But doing biz with them is awful, and we pay cash, no reason for it.
So outta their generosity, they gave us a "free" cruise from a heavily advertised promotion they were running and made a BFD about it when they gave it too us. Hold that part of the thought,, the BFD scene they made and read on:
We can't use the cruise because of the kids school and work schedules.
We bought from them for the price and availability of the toys, not for the cruise promotion.
So Alice the wife (pictured) calls Carnival Cruise Line and asks if we can give it away. Yea, it's transferable for $20. Great, no BFD we'll pick that up Alice says, she pays it.
Lots of no-kid HB forum members can get the time off, and would easily be able to take the 5 day voyage to Mexico.
Alice puts a cool Hot Boats Forum thread together and we're gonna give the cruise away on HB's like Ziggy gives cool stuff away, but before she posts it,,,
She reads the fine print on what looks like a stock certificate from the dealer and the cruise line, and though the cruise is free, their is a $340 service charge per-person.
The same cruise/same cabin is offered from AAA travel for $279 + free champaign.
Oh brother,, would we ever have looked stupid...
Oh well,,, shux,,
Berts Should have called it the: "You cruise you loose" promotion.
"Ain't nothin' free"- Repo Man

socalmoney
09-15-2006, 07:28 AM
We can't say your heart isn't in the right place.

HocusPocus
09-15-2006, 07:32 AM
it was worth a shot. :rollside:

ChumpChange
09-15-2006, 07:36 AM
About these cruises....there are so many charges that you have still yet to realize. Some mortgage companies were giving these away with a refinance. It only costs the mortgage company some $250.00 but it gets the application in the door.
What they don't tell you is that there is a service charge, the room is at the lowest level so the customer will probably upgrade, the cruise can only be at undesireable times so the customer will have to upgrade. In the end, it will be hard for the recipient to get the cruise for anything less than what it would cost them to book on-line.

ChumpChange
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
oh yeah, forgot one thing.........BERTS SUCKS!!!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Almost only counts in horse-shoes and handgrenades. :rollside:

OCMerrill
09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
I bought a NEW Honda CR500 from them back in 1991. It was a cash sale and when we went outside to load it on the trailer I said OK lets start it and click through some gears. They guy says (after the deal is done - my fault on this one) no way. You cant start it, ride it, period. And there is no warantee on anything in reguards to it. It was tested when we assembled it...he says. Had I known this policy I would have paid the extra $50 bucks and bought at anywhere but there.
What an F'r. So I took it. What else to do anyway at that point. A-Holes...never again and I have bought many things over the past 15 years sense. Now they carry Crownline are are a marine dealer. Wonder how that bitchen customer service works with that deal.
BERTS - I am a Hater!
By the way the bike was good and I had it for 10 years, Glamis, Hare Scrambles, what not.

LHC30Victory
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
What Matt said: "Berts Sucks (the BIG one)"
A few years ago when the boys were smaller and into dirt riding, we went by Chapparral and looked at bikes. Honda had a red tag sale and Chapparal had the tags on every bike showing the $200+ off sticker to start.
We went to Berts a few days later to look some more since they were closer and no red tags even though the sale was good for another two weeks! I asked the sales guy and he said that they did not honor that sale - despite it being a MANUFACTURER sale :220v:
These guys are crooks!!!!!

beaverretriever
09-15-2006, 05:51 PM
If you buy a bike from me, I will throw in a T-shirt and a key chain... A rubber key chain at that. ;)