PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Karts

plaster dave
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know anything about these? I was thiniking of buying one any info would be nice.
http://www.trophykart.com

BADBLOWN572
09-15-2006, 10:47 AM
What do you want to know? They are built two shops down from mine. Really cool little toys. :)

plaster dave
09-15-2006, 11:15 AM
What are the weight and size restriction on them as for people, do they work ok in the sand, have they had and problem I need to know about? Thanks P.D.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Be cool to have a 2 passenger one.
Havent seen them yet,,

Dusty Times
09-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Bret King from King shocks has talked me into one for my kids. Now I just have to talk my wife into it :argue:

BADBLOWN572
09-15-2006, 11:37 AM
What are the weight and size restriction on them as for people, do they work ok in the sand, have they had and problem I need to know about? Thanks P.D.
I am 6' and no problems fitting in them. Their cages are pretty good sized. Newline (the Mfg.) admits that they are a little under powered for the sand. They have a cyntrifical (?sp) clutch and the motors are under powered. Right now they can't pull a paddle tire in soft sand.
They are doing a new Kawasaki 250 (maybe 125) four stroke that they are going to put in the karts next to over double the h.p. with that, they will be able to pull a set of paddles no problem.
Don't know of any problems with them at all. They build these things for heavy abuse.

plaster dave
09-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I am 6' and no problems fitting in them. Their cages are pretty good sized. Newline (the Mfg.) admits that they are a little under powered for the sand. They have a cyntrifical (?sp) clutch and the motors are under powered. Right now they can't pull a paddle tire in soft sand.
They are doing a new Kawasaki 250 (maybe 125) four stroke that they are going to put in the karts next to over double the h.p. with that, they will be able to pull a set of paddles no problem.
Don't know of any problems with them at all. They build these things for heavy abuse.
Cool thanks that is what I wanted to know. I will wait for the bigger motor.

Waldo
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I've seen a couple vids of those things in action. They look like a blast. I tried searching for the vids but the link wasn't working.
Have fun.

BADBLOWN572
09-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I was outside of our shop the other night and one of the guys put a pallet in the parking lot. They were hitting the pallet full speed and it didn't do anything wierd. It just went up and over the pallet and didn't bang the driver around at all. :) I have been thinking of getting one of these things, just havent pulled the trigger yet. :cool:

plaster dave
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I was outside of our shop the other night and one of the guys put a pallet in the parking lot. They were hitting the pallet full speed and it didn't do anything wierd. It just went up and over the pallet and didn't bang the driver around at all. :) I have been thinking of getting one of these things, just havent pulled the trigger yet. :cool:
Keep us posted if you buy one please.

code8
09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
How much for the mini trophy truck. Looks cool and the way a trophy truck would work if it had a baby :rollside:

plaster dave
09-15-2006, 04:24 PM
How much for the mini trophy truck. Looks cool and the way a trophy truck would work if it had a baby :rollside:
$ 6200.00 it says on the web site.