PDA

View Full Version : River Rat Power Tour?

Cs19
01-15-2006, 11:45 PM
It sounds like NJBA switched the dates.I hear the May race is now on the same weekend as the power tour vacation everyone has been talking about.
Will there be a new date for the Power Tour? The weekend after the race is Mothers Day weekend.

Squirtin Thunder
01-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Well Chris that sure throughs a wrench in the program. How about starting the Power Tour @ Ming ???

Cs19
01-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Its not a big deal at all, we can either change the dates or the race guys can just miss this one. Its not the end of the world and to be honest, Id rather see it on a different weekend.

Wicked Performance Boats
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Lets just move the date. No biggie. So vote now for another weekend. Budlight

RCB19
01-16-2006, 11:08 AM
We have all summer. Any weekend following is cool with me.

BUSBY
01-16-2006, 11:20 AM
wait ... wait ... wait ...
Willis posted that NJBA had moved the date ... NJBA has NOT moved the date! Yet.
Kern County did not want to give us Lake Ming on the date we requested ... that's all ... but Kern County does not set our dates. NJBA sets the dates ...
As everyone knows ... we are looking into making the May date work at Elsinore ... lets hold off for a couple of weeks before changing anything.

Dogballs
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
If the River Rat Power Tour date must change lets do April 29-30

BILLY.B
01-16-2006, 06:05 PM
It sounds like NJBA switched the dates.I hear the May race is now on the same weekend as the power tour vacation everyone has been talking about.
Will there be a new date for the Power Tour? The weekend after the race is Mothers Day weekend. You know everytime we tried to plan a get together (v-drives) there always seemed to be a race. We'd change our date and the next year they'd change there's. Never could get it together. Finally we said screw it...Now if it conflicts with a race date there's nothing we can do about it. Can't please everyone.

77charger
01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
hell just make it at ming or njba might as well set up grudge matches in river racer.If so i might even play and bring some flatty power :rollside: :rollside: all carbs of course.

77charger
01-16-2006, 06:12 PM
If the River Rat Power Tour date must change lets do April 29-30
phx race is that weekend

Dogballs
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Phuck!

Squirtin Thunder
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Hell make it a NJBA santioned Power Tour Grudge Races Gallore.
Brian this will only help the cause. More racers, more boats, more families !!!
And then it can be a real event !!! :cool:

djdtpr
01-16-2006, 08:42 PM
You know everytime we tried to plan a get together (v-drives) there always seemed to be a race. We'd change our date and the next year they'd change there's. Never could get it together. Finally we said screw it...Now if it conflicts with a race date there's nothing we can do about it. Can't please everyone.
How cool would it be if we all could actually get together all the flats and all the jets together and look at all the hardware?I cant even imagine!

Cs19
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Cinco weekend (5-6,7) is unknown but the following weekends are questionable as well if Cinco doesnt work out.
Weekend after is Mothers day weekend.5-13,14
Weekend after that is the weekend before Memorial.5-20,21
Next is Memorial.5-27,28,29
I really dont care, I just want to all get togethor and hang out, but at the moment Im planning on hitting every race for points so I cant miss one.
Worst case is the river guys go to the riv for Cinco and a few of us will go to Ming and we'll just hook up for the next one. :) Or we could do it on Memorial..

Cs19
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Needles might be a little hectic on Memorial but I'm still down if we need the new date.

Squirtin Thunder
01-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Cinco weekend (5-6,7) is unknown but the following weekends are questionable as well if Cinco doesnt work out.
Weekend after is Mothers day weekend.5-13,14
Weekend after that is the weekend before Memorial.5-20,21
Next is Memorial.5-27,28,29
I really dont care, I just want to all get togethor and hang out, but at the moment Im planning on hitting every race for points so I cant miss one.
Worst case is the river guys go to the riv for Cinco and a few of us will go to Ming and we'll just hook up for the next one. :) Or we could do it on Memorial..
Points............Thats what is all about.

BILLY.B
01-17-2006, 07:06 AM
How cool would it be if we all could actually get together all the flats and all the jets together and look at all the hardware?I cant even imagine!I think that would be cool. And PLEASE don't take this as a slam.....But there always seems to be boaters of both groups who drink all day and then think they have a 100mph ride, go out and ruin it for everyone else. I've heard this about the outting at the AVI. If we could make it a combined deal that would be awesome as long as we kept the jack offs to a minimum. And I do mean a minimum!!!! :220v:

dmontzsta
01-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Is there a place that could handle that many boats?

screamdreambrad
01-17-2006, 07:17 AM
uhh, chris. some of us race at red bluff on memorial!

Jetboatguru
01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Chris,
If you have never been to a Red Bluff race you are missing out. racers from Oregon come down as well as the Div 1 racers and National racers. You ought to try your luck sometime.

djdtpr
01-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that would be cool. And PLEASE don't take this as a slam.....But there always seems to be boaters of both groups who drink all day and then think they have a 100mph ride, go out and ruin it for everyone else. I've heard this about the outting at the AVI. If we could make it a combined deal that would be awesome as long as we kept the jack offs to a minimum. And I do mean a minimum!!!! :220v:
10-4 on the jack offs!They are what usually ruin some of the better get togethers.Maybe we will get lucky and all end up together at one point if for nothing else but to check out the different rides.

Brooski
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Chris,
If you have never been to a Red Bluff race you are missing out. racers from Oregon come down as well as the Div 1 racers and National racers. You ought to try your luck sometime.
Pulido has told me Red Bluff is the sh*t. That is one race he always tries to make it to. Best atmosphere and people.

Dogballs
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
10-4 on the jack offs!They are what usually ruin some of the better get togethers.Maybe we will get lucky and all end up together at one point if for nothing else but to check out the different rides.
Damn, I guess I'm not allowed then! J/K NO REALLY:redface:
DJD, I am just going to PM a bunch of fockers for a trip to Yuma sometime in April when we get closer.
Balls

Squirtin Thunder
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Is there a place that could handle that many boats?
I would think the combo of Needles and Jack Smith could handle it no problem.

djdtpr
01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, I guess I'm not allowed then! J/K NO REALLY:redface:
DJD, I am just going to PM a bunch of fockers for a trip to Yuma sometime in April when we get closer.
Balls
Im in!!!!Tell me when and where.Hows Jimmy doing with his project?

Willis
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
:argue:
Hey guys,
The date that was posted before Jan. 14, 2006 is where we are.
I apologize for the over zealousnessÂ’ but I made a mistake.
Please don't hold NJBA Club Officers hostage, I'm the one who made the mistake.
Sorry.
Willis

BUSBY
01-17-2006, 05:43 PM
:argue:
Hey guys,
The date that was posted before Jan. 14, 2006 is where we are.
I apologize for he over zealousnessÂ’ but I made a mistake.
Please don't hold NJBA Club Officers hostage, I'm the one who made the mistake.
Sorry.
Willis
It's all good Willis (or should I say Fred :p ) ...
I just didn't want everyone to freak out and start jumping ship ...
See you this Saturday evening!
BB

Willis
01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Fred,
lol
Take look at the email
Willis

bp
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Chris,
i second that. there's nothing else like it. you'd see things you never thought you'd live to see, plus jetboatguru driving at least 6 boats, sometimes 2 at a time? :)
awesome place to race, great people and promotor. easy to get from pits to track.

Dogballs
01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Im in!!!!Tell me when and where.Hows Jimmy doing with his project?
Its coming along slowly, I think its at the machine shop now, the thing should definitly bark next year. Jims the man he's going to schit when he lights that thing off!
When he gets his stuff together we are going to make a early Yuma trip along with a dozen other cats

djdtpr
01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Its coming along slowly, I think its at the machine shop now, the thing should definitly bark next year. Jims the man he's going to schit when he lights that thing off!
When he gets his stuff together we are going to make a early Yuma trip along with a dozen other cats
Let me know when im down for heading to Yuma.I got a couple guys that are wanting to head down there with me too.

Dogballs
01-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Done!

Cs19
01-17-2006, 08:22 PM
i second that. there's nothing else like it. you'd see things you never thought you'd live to see.awesome place to race, great people and promotor. easy to get from pits to track.
I might give it a bash.I've heard alot about Red Bluff and it sounds like a really fun race.The long drive and missing a fun weekend at the river are the only drawbacks.
Im planning on hitting both Phoenix races,San diego and all the NJBA races, that should be enough.Between those races and all the river trips Ill be plenty busy.

77charger
01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I might give it a bash.I've heard alot about Red Bluff and it sounds like a really fun race.The long drive and missing a fun weekend at the river are the only drawbacks.
same here missing river for red bluff too.missing my annual trip to powell for marble falls also.

Cs19
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Is Red Bluff comparable to ming in the heat? I hear the air isnt all that great in May.
How far from Sac is it to Red Bluff?
What is the best city to stay in? I see there are a few surrounding cities.
I want to do a few IHBA races besides F'bird,I was thinking S.Diego, but I know the water conditions and salt really suck so I might shine that race and do Red Bluff instead.
Thanks

bp
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Is Red Bluff comparable to ming in the heat? I hear the air isnt all that great in May.
How far from Sac is it to Red Bluff?
What is the best city to stay in? I see there are a few surrounding cities.
I want to do a few IHBA races besides F'bird,I was thinking S.Diego, but I know the water conditions and salt really suck so I might shine that race and do Red Bluff instead.
Thanks
i don't think sd water is as harmful as firebird water, but that's just mo.
from sac to rb? what, 3 hours? maybe 3 1/2? i don't really count, just keep going. check mapquest, anywhere from corning to anderson is within reach. if your gonna do it, best make plans early, and get as close as possible. of course rb is the best place to stay 'cuz it's closest.

screamdreambrad
01-20-2006, 08:59 AM
i don't think sd water is as harmful as firebird water, but that's just mo.
from sac to rb? what, 3 hours? maybe 3 1/2? i don't really count, just keep going. check mapquest, anywhere from corning to anderson is within reach. if your gonna do it, best make plans early, and get as close as possible. of course rb is the best place to stay 'cuz it's closest.
sd water is is alot kinder than phx i believe as well bp. but everyone keeps forgetting to tell these guys sd is an invitational race. top 8 unless they can't fill a class. that is not going to be the case ever in t/e.

Cs19
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
but you can run the gambler @ Diego if your not in the top 8.
Ill be in the top 8 anyways...j/k :)

Cs19
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I think Ive decided to run a different race than San diego anyways.
Thanks.

bp
01-21-2006, 07:48 AM
I think Ive decided to run a different race than San diego anyways.
Thanks.
well, i'm happy for ya that you can make these absolute concete decisions in january, about what you'll be doin on a september weekend. i have no idea.

Cs19
01-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Not talkin about September, talkin about Red bluff (which isnt that long from now) Like you say, better make a decision now and get rooms,etc. and thats what im contemplating.

moneysucker
01-21-2006, 04:29 PM
sd water is is alot kinder than phx i believe as well bp. but everyone keeps forgetting to tell these guys sd is an invitational race. top 8 unless they can't fill a class. that is not going to be the case ever in t/e.
I am willing to bet that the water is worse in Firebird than the bay. My skin does not burn from the water in San Diego. The walmart hip waders are going in my trailer for FIrebird for sure this year. Of course I will be driving this year there but someone will have to go in the water.