PDA

View Full Version : Winter Light Festival

catman-do
09-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know if Havasu does a winter lights festival on the water similar to Newport and LongBeach. Also if they do, how do people plug in lights on their boats??? Is there a converter from 12v to 110??? I would like to take the boat to something like this.

voodoomedman
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if Havasu does a winter lights festival on the water similar to Newport and LongBeach. Also if they do, how do people plug in lights on their boats??? Is there a converter from 12v to 110??? I would like to take the boat to something like this.
Do a search for more details but...... The first weekend of December I believe there is a parade through the channel with decorated boats. I don't know if they use generators or what though! Hopefully we can make it this year.

INSman
09-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Little portable generators I am pretty certain, maybe with an inverter.

AFD
09-16-2006, 01:33 PM
If your used to the show in Newport, Havasu will dissapoint you. Its rather just another oppurtunity to get together in the channel and mingle.

shueman
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
If your used to the show in Newport, Havasu will dissapoint you. Its rather just another oppurtunity to get together in the channel and mingle.
Yep.....it's def. not what it used to be.....

BoatFloating
09-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Use a Honda 2000 Genny and you'll run all the Xmas lights you want....