PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices

RitcheyRch
09-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Heard on the news that Disneyland has raised their prices.
New prices are as follows:
Single Day Theme Park Ticket - Ages 10 and Up
$63.00
Single Day Theme Park Ticket - Ages 3-9
$53.00

HavasuSelect
09-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Isn't that about the cost of a year's season pass to Magic Mountain?

RitcheyRch
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I think so. Can get into Knotts Berry Farm for $31.95
Disneyland making it difficult and costly for many families to attend.

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Still I bet its atleast 5mil a day to run that place.
Not that it matters for me... when i was 6 months old I won a life time pass.... :crossx:

bchbum
09-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Lets see $10.00 to park , $ 252.00 to get in the gate , snacks plus lunch maybe dinner ==== $ 500.00 not to far off . How come all I see is low lifes cuting in the lines ?How do people afford this ? :cool: :cool:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Lets see $10.00 to park , $ 252.00 to get in the gate , snacks plus lunch maybe dinner ==== $ 500.00 not to far off . How come all I see is low lifes cuting in the lines ?How do people afford this ? :cool: :cool:
They're grandfathered in on Prop 13 prop tax protection too. D Land lost it's character in the mid '70's. Better when the old man ran it.

RitcheyRch
09-16-2006, 07:36 PM
You forgot souvenirs.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Best Corn Dogs in the world IMHO.
It's the Antique Genuine Creators Truck at the end of Main st,, heading into Tomorrowland. Best $5 ya ever spent.
Only corn dogs I'll eat.
Dam,, they are delicious.
Gone is the Fantasia Ice Cream behind the Flower stand at the Main St flower market.
Only good flavor Carnation ever produced. Only place it was ever available.
The secret escape tunnel at Fort Wilderness gone,,,
Mike Fink keel Boats, Gone. Permanently docked.
The 13 different ghosts that would appear in the haunted mansions upstairs windows at nite,, gone.
They were really cool, well done.
Eisner,, thanks to the powers that be he's finally gone too.

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Best Corn Dogs in the world IMHO.
It's the Antique Genuine Creators Truck at the end of Main st,, heading into Tomorrowland. Best $5 ya ever spent.
Only corn dogs I'll eat.
Dam,, they are delicious.
Gone is the Fantasia Ice Cream behind the Flower stand at the Main St flower market.
Only good flavor Carnation ever produced. Only place it was ever available.
The secret escape tunnel at Fort Wilderness gone,,,
Mike Fink keel Boats, Gone. Permanently docked.
The 13 different ghosts that would appear in the haunted mansions upstairs windows at nite,, gone.
They were really cool, well done.
Eisner,, thanks to the powers that be he's finally gone too.
lets not forget then making "praites of the carrabiean" PC... No more chasing the women around :rolleyes: now they chase food...I wonder what femanazi got here plaid shirt up her butt...

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2006, 09:52 PM
The trash can band: A group of drummers dress'd like Disneyland custodians played the drums on trash cans while roaming the park pushing the trash cans around- Gone
Goofy being chased by his raggity ass truck routine.
It was soooo cool,, best entertainment act that D-land ever had roaming the park.
It was super, clever and really funny. Really well done.
- Gone.
The Perfume "Calliope."
Chix could go in and get their own label perfume that they could invent from a 172 different fragrance blending antique "calliope".
I used to take dates in there in High School, and chix thought it was soo awsum,, a BFd for 4 bux from a bitchen old, really cool machine.
They'd keep the recipe/mix on record,, go back anytime for more.
- Gone

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I bet you remember when they had ride tickets too... :)

socalmoney
09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.justdisney.com/images/Disneyland/Tickets/tbook.jpg
My Dad's aunt lived in OC as did we but the rest of my family lived in WA. Anyway she had a drawer in the china cabinet that was filled with left over ride tickets. I can remember being real little and all my older cousins would did through it looking for E Tickets. It was filled with A/B Tickets.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Ohh, I must add,,
The coolest antique mechanical arcade too.
It was just as you exited Pirates of the Carribean.
All the arcade games were proprietary to the Pirates of the Carribean theme, old style, mechanical, but with added electronic sound effects, and some holography for effect.
All located inside a hidden cave.
Some real skill and wit and character went to this place,, few people remember it.
It was awsum. The best games,, all mechanical, and early style elect.
Back when Disneyland did really cool original things.

YeLLowBoaT
09-16-2006, 10:05 PM
My Dad's aunt lived in OC as did we but the rest of my family lived in WA. Anyway she had a drawer in the china cabinet that was filled with left over ride tickets. I can remember being real little and all my older cousins would did through it looking for E Tickets. It was filled with A/B Tickets.
You know if you take those with you next time you go, they give you stuff for them.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2006, 10:11 PM
You know if you take those with you next time you go, they give you stuff for them.
They're worth more sold as is tickets on E bay.
Disneyland will give only face value on them, towards purchase of an admission.
An E ticket goes for about $60, the whole unused ticket book considerable more.
Mfg by Globe printing. The coolest one's have the globe watermark on them, and list dis-continued rides.

Rexone
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
They're worth more sold as is tickets on E bay.
Disneyland will give only face value on them, towards purchase of an admission.
An E ticket goes for about $60, the whole unused ticket book considerable more.
Mfg by Globe printing. The coolest one's have the globe watermark on them, and list dis-continued rides.
I have a bunch of those stuck away somewhere. mostly AB&C's I suspect . :rollside: Was always at the ticket booth buying more E's lol. Matterhorn junkie when younger.

wsuwrhr
09-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Probably cheaper than that considering I hear they sold their property to build houses on it.
Brian

W.O.T
09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
i still like the disney land theme its probably still my favorite parks. sea world isnt much cheaper. i made the mistake of going to disneyland a few years back on gay day! it was a horrible experience so many flaming homos people were asking for their money back because they were so out of control kissing and flaunting. people didnt want their kids seeing that and were leaving. to make matters worse, i was wearing a red t shirt. thats the color the gays wear that day. i was with a girlfriend but i couldnt go anywhere without getting eye focked! it was bad to say the least. i could have bought a mickey mouse or indiana jones shirt but i dont think that woulda helped!

shueman
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
You can still use them Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com/) :cool:

CARLSON-JET
09-16-2006, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=W.O.T] i made the mistake of going to disneyland a few years back on gay day! it was a horrible experience QUOTE]
Funny you mention that. I was at Sandusky Ohio's Cedar point June 18th of this year. Same gig. I will say that the only way I knew what was up was by the dress attire. All seemed to not show any real public display of affection. On a side note, I never knew that the gay gangsters existed. They were much too stylish though to wear baggy pants down around their knees.
If anyone is ever in that area I would highly recommend that park. The "Top Thrill Dragster" is the most Thrilling 7 seconds most folks will ever expirience. Although I was able to concentrate enough to throw the shocker for my launch photo, it was not happening after the 400 foot 280 deg. spiral decent.

W.O.T
09-16-2006, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=W.O.T] i made the mistake of going to disneyland a few years back on gay day! it was a horrible experience QUOTE]
Funny you mention that. I was at Sandusky Ohio's Cedar point June 18th of this year. Same gig. I will say that the only way I knew what was up was by the dress attire. All seemed to not show any real public display of affection. On a side note, I never knew that the gay gangsters existed. They were much too stylish though to wear baggy pants down around their knees.
If anyone is ever in that area I would highly recommend that park. The "Top Thrill Dragster" is the most Thrilling 7 seconds most folks will ever expirience. Although I was able to concentrate enough to throw the shocker for my launch photo, it was not happening after the 400 foot 280 deg. spiral decent.
CYA cover your ass. sucks d land got so expensive. i only go if its the two fer deal when you do the two parks with one ticket all weekend. id rather be at the river anyway

RitcheyRch
09-17-2006, 08:14 AM
I remember those.
I bet you remember when they had ride tickets too... :)
As far as I know Magic Mountain hasnt been sold.
Probably cheaper than that considering I hear they sold their property to build houses on it.
Brian

Sleek-Jet
09-17-2006, 08:27 AM
How many people, do you think, actually know that's where the expression an "e ticket ride" comes from...
Not many anymore I would think... :idea:
Haven't been to Disneyland in over a decade, Knotts is more my kind of place. The log flume ride is the best. :idea:

HocusPocus
09-17-2006, 09:00 AM
when we were kids going to dland and ran out of e-tickets, i would talk my little brother into going to where all the old people were sitting around and he would ask if they were going to use their e-tickets, he always got us more ride time. :)
we use to go to dland each year in january with all the kids, no lines, no crowds... but its gotten so expensive that we have switched to knotts. not once has any of them asked to go back to dland.

Wet Dream
09-17-2006, 09:06 AM
How many people, do you think, actually know that's where the expression an "e ticket ride" comes from...
Not many anymore I would think... :idea:
Haven't been to Disneyland in over a decade, Knotts is more my kind of place. The log flume ride is the best. :idea:
I do I do. I miss the old Disney.

Parker Dreamin
09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
i think a season pass starts at like 100 bucks, go twice a year and have a nice time.

Music to my Ears
09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
The trash can band: A group of drummers dress'd like Disneyland custodians played the drums on trash cans while roaming the park pushing the trash cans around- Gone
Not true. They're still there.
I have worked in the Entertainment Dept. at Disney for the last 23 years. I gotta agree with everyone. Pretty pricey for a family these days, but plenty of people apparently can afford it. :rollside:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Not true. They're still there.
I have worked in the Entertainment Dept. at Disney for the last 23 years. I gotta agree with everyone. Pretty pricey for a family these days, but plenty of people apparently can afford it. :rollside:
Good to hear it.
Pun intended.

bchbum
09-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Costco has D-land 4 day tickets , for around $125.00 . It can only be used by the same person . I still enjoy our Knotts season passes best , close to home . Go on a few rides , eat at Jonny Rockets in the park come home . :crossx: :crossx:

AZmike
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Thats a lot of money to see an out of date amusement park. Thats my 2 cents keep the change :D

riverracerx
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes, but this year DLand had it's highest annual attendance due to the 50th Celebration. You can't even compare it to Magic Mountain. That place is a gang infested dump! No wonder the land is for sale.
Keep going to DLand. It is paying for my retirement. 11 year anniversary tomorrow and still enjoy working for the mouse!

Trailer Park Casanova
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, but this year DLand had it's highest annual attendance due to the 50th Celebration. You can't even compare it to Magic Mountain. That place is a gang infested dump! No wonder the land is for sale.
Keep going to DLand. It is paying for my retirement. 11 year anniversary tomorrow and still enjoy working for the mouse!
I was raised on a Disney Studio paycheck for a while.http://tellnotales.com/images/tour_waterfall_anim_150.gif
Interesting, well done link you might like RRX:
http://tellnotales.com/
And something close by they sell cool pirate rings:
http://www.yeoldetattooshoppe.com/

Kilrtoy
09-17-2006, 08:15 PM
i was with a girlfriend but i couldnt go anywhere without getting eye focked! !
So now you know how women feel with a bunch of ugly guys staring at them

W.O.T
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
So now you know how women feel with a bunch of ugly guys staring at them
no kidding must suck to be a hot chick haha. girls love attention but some guys just go overboard. its like gees havent you ever seen a woman before. gets annoying when your with your lady and guys guys act like complete idiots when your standing right there. back to d land though. i plan on making a trip up this year it is the happiest place on earth after all :rollside:

Wake Havasu
09-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I miss the GE carousel of progress.

jbone
09-18-2006, 04:21 AM
i still like the disney land theme its probably still my favorite parks. sea world isnt much cheaper. i made the mistake of going to disneyland a few years back on gay day! it was a horrible experience so many flaming homos people were asking for their money back because they were so out of control kissing and flaunting. people didnt want their kids seeing that and were leaving. to make matters worse, i was wearing a red t shirt. thats the color the gays wear that day. i was with a girlfriend but i couldnt go anywhere without getting eye focked! it was bad to say the least. i could have bought a mickey mouse or indiana jones shirt but i dont think that woulda helped!
Wow, you must work out.
J