PDA

View Full Version : Raped

Seadog
09-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I am not an OU fan by any means, but the officiating at the Oregon game was criminal. I saw no less than five blantant calls against OU that any competent ref would not have made. I could see one or two, but that off-side kick was given to Oregon was a disgrace. I hope the NCAA pulls their cards for life. At the very least, make them take drug testing. They had to be hallucinating.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Game was at Autzen, right? PAC-10 officials? If so, that explains the bad officiating.
PAC-10 officials are well known to be the worst in the country. So bad that a few years ago, during the bowl season when the officials are not from either of the two conferences playing in the game, the announcers were questioning a call made by the PAC-10 crew and they stated that the PAC-10 officials are known for blowing calls. PAC-10 officiating sucks, plain and simple.

Seadog
09-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I guess I am not the only one.
Memo to the people of the fine state of Oklahoma: don't riot or do anything destructive tonight ... even though you'd be justified to feel like doing something violent. After all, this game was violently taken away from a deserving bunch of Sooners by inept officiating and even more inept replay evaluators.
Yes, it's very rare for analysis of a football game to so frontally, emotionally and nakedly talk about the officiating; this is a very rare practice, precisely because it seems like bad form on the part of the writer. An article about lousy officiating is almost never written because fans can easily interpret such an article as a sign of bias — entrenched and unprofessional — on the part of the author.
But in the wake of Saturday's game in Eugene — won by Oklahoma in every true sense, but not on the official scoreboard — normal practices have to give way to a rare approach. After all, what happened in the final minutes of this game was anything but normal.
There's no way to sugar-coat it or talk around it, and there's no need to be indirect in speaking about it: plainly put, the Pac-10 officiating crew made an incorrect ruling on Oregon's recovery of an onsides kick in the final 75 seconds. However, that is supposed to be acceptable in this day and age, because if the zebras mess up, the replay review system is supposed to set things right. And when all of America saw the replay of that onsides kick, the country's football fans saw that an Oregon player touched the ball after it had traveled 9.5 yards. Not 10, but nine and a half. That much was obvious.
Not to the replay official, though, for reasons that boggle the human mind. Oregon — a dead team — was given the football equivalent of several organ transplants ... unethically. Oklahoma — who had earned a tough road victory with a surprisingly mature effort from Paul Thompson and an overwhelmingly physical second half — was given the football equivalent of hidden poison delivered by a friend, lover, or anyone else you'd expect to treat you with kindness and decency.
When this kind of an outrage occurs, the rest of the proceedings are rendered irrelevant. Sad, because a lot of players spilled their guts in Eugene. Adrian Peterson was a man among boys. OU's defense picked itself off the deck after being stunned in the game's opening minutes. Dennis Dixon overcame flop sweat to regather himself for the game's frantic finish, but it's a finish he — and Oregon — didn't deserve to have.
Oklahoma made a big statement with its performance on Saturday; with this level of football, the Sooners can compete with Texas and the rest of the Big XII. But sadly, Bob Stoops and his players were robbed of a celebration they deserved to have. Such is the awful reality of this game, and its astonishing, ugly ... and tainted ... outcome.

doesitfloat?
09-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Great thread title... :rolleyes:

THOR
09-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Pac 2 officials arent used to seeing any 'real' speed and dont know how to react. Simple.

HavasuHome
09-16-2006, 08:34 PM
As usual the Pac 10 Officials made a major screwup today in Eugene. Even the announcers, one of which ( Dan Fouts) is an Oregon graduate, stated on national television that the onside kick was touched by the Oregon player first before traveling 10 yards. And it was clearly visiable to the whole nation but one guy-the stuped replay offical. Oklahoma was ROBBED. These officials should be reprimanded in some manner. :mad: :mad:

lalhc
09-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I can sum-it up in 3 words - Home Field Advantage

unleashed
09-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Its called Karma....I hate Oklahoma....Brian Bosworth...steroid freak......cheaters in the 80's for sures but hey I bet you didnt complain than did you!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

CornWater
09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
yeah... you're probably right, the east coast does'nt get enough favoritism....
:rolleyes:

Seadog
09-17-2006, 04:30 AM
unleashed, you either did not look at my avatar or do not know what it means for an OSU fan to side with OU. If OU had gotten beat fair and square, I would have joined the celebration. If it had been one incident, I would have reminded and OU/OSU game that OU won by a similar call. Calls like this ruin the sport. If the officiating is allowed to be so biased and corrupt, then the BCS controversy means nothing. The BCS means nothing. The games mean nothing.
This is more than just incompetence. This is criminal.

Ultracrazy
09-17-2006, 04:32 AM
unleashed, you either did not look at my avatar or do not know what it means for an OSU fan to side with OU. If OU had gotten beat fair and square, I would have joined the celebration. If it had been one incident, I would have reminded and OU/OSU game that OU won by a similar call. Calls like this ruin the sport. If the officiating is allowed to be so biased and corrupt, then the BCS controversy means nothing. The BCS means nothing. The games mean nothing.
This is more than just incompetence. This is criminal.
Criminal? What section are you citing? :rolleyes:

sandblasted
09-17-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm not an Oregon fan but I did watch the whole game. Give me a break! Was it a bad call? Sure it was but that crap happens all the time in football. Maybe Oklahoma did get robbed in the end but for the article by Seadog to make the following statements that the game was "won by Oklahoma in every sense" and that "Oregon didn't deserve this win" are truly biased and stupid...
Let's see, Oregon shut down Adrian Petersen in the 1st half and when Oklahoma scored in the 2nd half Oregon answered back by driving the football right down their thoat! The only reason they did not score on those drives was due to a fumble and an interception.
Oh yeah, and then there's the part where Oklahoma blows a 13 point lead with a few minutes left to play...You can't blame that on the refs!
Actually what we had was a pretty good football game with some very poor calls but to say Oklahoma dominated this game or deserved the win more is just sour grapes! :cry:

Seadog
09-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Sandblasted, you must be on the same bongo juice as the refs. Even the commentator who was a graduate and player at Oregon, was apalled at the calls. And look at the lead that the Ducks blew. If it had not been for the two amazingly bad call at the last gasps of the game, Oregon would had lost, plain and simple. 1: Oregon touched the ball before it went ten yards. 2: Oregon interfered with the receiver before he touched the ball. 3: OU recovered the ball. All three were obvious from every angle. There is no excuse for the failures by the officiating and I hope that they are dealt with severely.
Ultra, it is called fixing a game. It encompasses several criminal codes.

nyeti
09-17-2006, 10:39 PM
I am not a fan of either team, but the on sides kick call, the blown replay on that, and then the deflected pass right after that, and blown replay was totally disturbing. I understand a botched call now and then, but two critical reviewed plays that ended up deciding the outcome................that blows for the sport, period.