PDA

View Full Version : 21' Daytona, my 1st Tunnel !!!

1968Droptop
09-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I got my new to me 21' Daytona (1994 model) home early this morning. It was a 1750 mile drive, in 26 hours, and it's sleeping comfortably in the shop as I type. I can't wait to get it wet, but it'll be a little bit, got to get the BBF built 1st. Here's the pix http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124092 > .

W.O.T
09-16-2006, 11:13 PM
sweet boat man i saw it in the spam section. i almost bought a 19ft daytona. ive never ridden in a pickle fork so please let me know how much better they handle than a v.

BOOGEYMAN
09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Congrats!!! Very sweet Boat. :)

Ken F
09-17-2006, 03:16 AM
You have just ruined yourself.
You will never be happy riding in a v-bottom again.
Congrats on a BIG step up!
You are going to be really happy.
Ken F

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
09-17-2006, 09:49 AM
sweet boat man i saw it in the spam section. i almost bought a 19ft daytona. ive never ridden in a pickle fork so please let me know how much better they handle than a v.
Having been owner of numerous v bottom daycruisers and still am, The 21 Daytonas are by far a much better ride! This boat I sold to Chris Porter was the best handling boat I've ever had, BTW this was my 2nd 21 daytona, the other was a 1986 I beleive but was nothing compared to the 1994 21 daytona.
I'm trying to convince the wife a 22 daytona is the perfect boat for us!

poncho-pwr
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Nice new ride Droptop, now you just need to let me build you a big lightweight mega horsepower Poncho for that bad boy!!

TIMINATOR
09-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Post a pic of the pump from the side, it doesn't look familiar. TIMINATOR

jeffroe
09-18-2006, 08:26 AM
when i bought my 21 daytona i kept the motor from my 18' cheyenne and i swear it's 20mph faster plus now we don't have to wait til the wind calms down to go out on the lake :) you'll love it.
p.s. you'll be surprises how much less motor you need to run way fast with a cat hull, she's a flier :crossx:

TIMINATOR
09-19-2006, 07:27 AM
If it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother me. Just don't anybody think that I sold it with that setup. TIMINATOR

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
09-19-2006, 08:44 PM
If it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother me. Just don't anybody think that I sold it with that setup. TIMINATOR
Well I guess it didn't bother you when you sent the (nice boat cover) that came with the boat, to me two months after I bought the boat from you either. The piece of ---- was all ripped up and smelled like a -----ng dog kennel. :crossx: I ended up having a new one made.
As far as the pump is concerned, well you should know it better than any of us right? I bet its kinda hard to remember what you had with all the B.S. YOU TALK!!!!!!!! :mad:

TIMINATOR
09-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I wanted him to post a jet pic.I was told by about 10 people that the jet setup wasn't the same as it was when I sold it to you. He told me you said that you hadn't touched the pump. Besides, I spent about 2 hours on the phone with the buyer BEFORE he decided to buy it. I told him EVERYTHING about the set-up. He told me what the reason was you were selling it, I kept quiet about what you told me. He bought it. Those were non-billable hours. You are welcome. It can end here, or... TIMINATOR

Sanger Jet
09-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey 1968 Congrats!!! I am also looking for a 19-21 tunnell without power my 532 only has a few hours on it, I just want a better hull.

jrork
09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Hey 1968 Congrats!!! I am also looking for a 19-21 tunnell without power my 532 only has a few hours on it, I just want a better hull.
I agree, Congrats Droppy. It's a sick looking boat and I cant wait to see it.
As far as the drama going on, just let it go. This stinkin site has so much good information and this crap does nuthin but spoil it. Makes everybody look bad regardless of whos right and whos wrong.
Let's just be glad the the seller and buyer are happy and leave our egos somewhere else....
Stepping off my soapbox now................sorry

1968Droptop
09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks all, I'm very excited to have it ! I dropped it off at Skagen's Marine today to have it polished. He TM'd me to say it was looking G R E A T !!!!! I saw a small area that he did while I was standing there, what a difference a professional polish job can make, THANKS Tony !!!
As for the drama, unfortunately it comes with the web, whadda ya do ?
ive never ridden in a pickle fork so please let me know how much better they handle than a v.
W.O.T.: I rode in one for 5 mintues, sold my boat 1 month later and the rest is here on ***boat. The ride was very expensive :220v:
P.S. Thanks for the PM Prossecutor !

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I wanted him to post a jet pic.I was told by about 10 people that the jet setup wasn't the same as it was when I sold it to you. He told me you said that you hadn't touched the pump. Besides, I spent about 2 hours on the phone with the buyer BEFORE he decided to buy it. I told him EVERYTHING about the set-up. He told me what the reason was you were selling it, I kept quiet about what you told me. He bought it. Those were non-billable hours. You are welcome. It can end here, or... TIMINATOR
Timm, your just jealous cause I wouldn't sell the boat back to you, and your not a (nice guy) like you claim to be! Just an a-- in my book! I'm glad someone else bought the boat, In fact in MUCH nicer shape than the day I purchased it from you!

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Timm, your just jealous cause I wouldn't sell the boat back to you, and your not a (nice guy) like you claim to be! Just an a-- in my book! I'm glad someone else bought the boat, In fact in MUCH nicer shape than the day I purchased it from you!
timm has bent over backwards for me in the past......not an ass in my book....i think some others can say the same thing

BadKachina
09-20-2006, 05:57 PM
timm has bent over backwards for me in the past......not an ass in my book....i think some others can say the same thing
Tim has done nothing but excellent work for me. I can use anybody in town for my machine work, I don't shop for the cheapest work, I want quality work I can give back to my customers. :cool:

3 daytona`s
09-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Tim has done nothing but excellent work for me. I can use anybody in town for my machine work, I don't shop for the cheapest work, I want quality work I can give back to my customers. :cool:
BK you must know Louie, right?

BadKachina
09-20-2006, 09:08 PM
BK you must know Louie, right?
Of course.

W.O.T
09-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks all, I'm very excited to have it ! I dropped it off at Skagen's Marine today to have it polished. He TM'd me to say it was looking G R E A T !!!!! I saw a small area that he did while I was standing there, what a difference a professional polish job can make, THANKS Tony !!!
As for the drama, unfortunately it comes with the web, whadda ya do ?
W.O.T.: I rode in one for 5 mintues, sold my boat 1 month later and the rest is here on ***boat. The ride was very expensive :220v:
P.S. Thanks for the PM Prossecutor !
thanks sounds great. i better not ride in one or the wheels in my head will start turning. goodluck with the new ride!

TIMINATOR
09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
I was told that you allready had another daytona when you bought mine, and your wife loved it. Mine was supposed to be in better shape and had all of the setup/pump work and thats why you bought it. or not The reason that I didn't buy it back is I felt that you wanted too much for it. I bought another one out of Havasu. I'm done here. TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow, this thread really got interesting :220v: :220v: :220v: As soon as I opened this thread I felt the heat come out of the door:eek:

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
09-21-2006, 10:16 PM
I was told that you allready had another daytona when you bought mine, and your wife loved it. Mine was supposed to be in better shape and had all of the setup/pump work and thats why you bought it. or not The reason that I didn't buy it back is I felt that you wanted too much for it. I bought another one out of Havasu. I'm done here. TIMINATOR
Tim your right, I bought the boat from you because of the pump set up, which BTW is by far, the best pump I've ever owned. I originally thought about putting my Blown Bogosian 496 motor in the boat to see its full potential, But I have young children, plus the wife would not allow it. You would think that growing up around fast cars and traveling the circuit with her dads drag boat (Western Mag Special) that she would like a fast boat, NOT!
Any how I have no beef regarding your expertise as far as an engine builder or pump tech! The boat speaks for itself. But, You were wrong for accusing me of swapping parts from the pump. What I sold to Chris is what I bought from YOU!
Chris has the pictures of the pump in your driveway to prove it, from the day I picked it up at your house :) .

TIMINATOR
09-22-2006, 07:45 AM
I believe I said it didn't LOOK familiar, mebbie its the way the pics were shot of it in the water. If everybodys happy then we can move on...... TIMINATOR