PDA

View Full Version : Lake James...The Details......!!!!

MrsMarKist
09-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Thunder on the James III... 13 days away.......Everyone Ready????
Friday
Many of us will be arriving at different times of the day and evening. There are several of us that will be there around noon on Friday. We will head straight for HOT BOAT ISLAND then go to the hotel and check in later that evening. No dinner plans for this night...I figure many of us will eat at the restaurant at the hotel.
Saturday
We all usually leave in a convoy to the Lake around 10-11am. This year we ask that everyone BYOP (Bring your own picnic) to the island and we will all pitch in and have sandwiches, etc. for lunch.
Saturday Night - TOYS FOR TOTS DROP
The Marines will have the truck at the Hotel for our toys for tots drop. They are going to park the truck in front of the hotel this year. We have got the community involved and there has been a mass email sent out to every business in the area (over 200) by Rosemary the Director of Burke County Tour and Travel. There will also be an ad run in the local newspaper letting the community know that we will be there. She is also contacting the local radio stations for us. Saturday evening we are going to cook Hot Boat Soup which is a gumbo consisting of potatoes, corn on the cob, smoked sausage, and shrimp and a few other dishes will be made. Any other side dishes are welcome that night also!
Mrs. Tug we are requesting lots of wonderful sweet treats from you!!!
Sunday
Some people will stay on Sunday and some will have to head back home. Same routine as Saturday for the ones who are staying.
Mark and I are looking forward to seeing everyone this year.....counting down the days!!
Everyone please be extra careful heading in!!
Gina

Mrs.sleekcraft76
09-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Can't wait!! 12 days to go!

MizBubba
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Can't wait! I think we finally have everything dialed in on the MizBubba. :rollside: Man, I love driving that boat! What a rush! :220v: Now, if I can just find a 6-lug rim for my spare tire... :mad:
See ya'll in 2 weeks!

HammerDown
09-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Now, if I can just find a 6-lug rim for my spare tire..
Kinky... :rollside:
Wish I could make it...I'll miss seeing my Southern friends :frown:

MizBubba
09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Bring yer happy azz on down, then... if'n you don't wanna drag yer boat, you can catch a ride with us!
No ezcuses! :yuk:

HammerDown
09-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Bring yer happy azz on down, then... if'n you don't wanna drag yer boat, you can catch a ride with us!
Thanks for the invite (boat ride) that would be a blast, good times
fo-sho :rollside: ...simply can't the the time off work. :(

Lady Warhawk
09-19-2006, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the invite (boat ride) that would be a blast, good times
fo-sho :rollside: ...simply can't the the time off work. :(
Aw shucks Hammer, cmon down. You can work anytime, but this will be the end of boating season :cry:
Iffn you feel the need to work, I'll put you to work :rollside:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
09-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Aw shucks Hammer, cmon down. You can work anytime, but this will be the end of boating season :cry:
Iffn you feel the need to work, I'll put you to work :rollside:
Major kinkly right there. We'll miss you Hammer.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
09-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Hope you got 9 lives :D Just kidding. Love ya Amy. :rollside:

MizBubba
09-19-2006, 10:04 AM
:rolleyes: :crossx: :220v: :skull:

MrsMarKist
09-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Now Girls.....be nice to each other... :argue: :) :)
:) :)

Mrs.sleekcraft76
09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
She know's I'm kidding. :rollside: I didn't mean nothing bout it. I just trying to make a chuckle and stir the pot a little