PDA

View Full Version : The Jerk Wins

ss396
09-17-2006, 10:11 AM
yesterday at moses lake wa. the circlejerk won the AOF nationals with his red white and blue lavey. he did it with his 396 cu in chevy. which ran great. after today he will come home also with the USA 1 being the national hi point leader. :) :rollside: :)

vdriver4ever
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Congrats your jerkness... :)

FlatRat
09-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Congrats there Jerk,
sorry we couldn't be there to be of service to ya,we were busy working on Skyni's Sanger.The Hydro is a good as gone....so I'm lookin' for a Circle boat...a real one...Revenge!!The Howard is going on the choppin' block... :argue: How did the Bomber do? :rollside:

dmontzsta
09-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Congrats El Jerko! :)

CircleJerk
09-17-2006, 10:47 PM
So many to thank.....What a weekend! KonaBud, Rogers78, OnlyONe, Litlbit, SS396, Beisemeyer34, just to name those posting on here! I cant even begin to describe this event....Over 100 boats, 14 V-drives, 2 jets, and most important, so many friends and a safe race!
Not to be without a few incidents: Pro Alcohol boats had one bad flip at somewhere near 100mph and SS76 went airborn while chasing a Hondo deep into turn three in the first 468 heat Sunday. Yes, Georges L boat is once again in need of repair but, unlike the Phoenix roll, the driver appears unhurt except for a swollen ankle and of course, a wounded ego. He had the field covered all weekend but a jumped start early on put him out of National points since AOF penalties are stiffer than usual with a disqualification. If that wasnt bad enough, his arc rival 'The Kid' from team Davis PS34 drove around flipper Mikie in lane 3 to win Saturdays National 468 title!
I include myself in this 'flipper' catagory since my flip just two years ago was fresh in my mind at every turn with Robins L.H. rotating prop mishandling red L boat.
No surprise, Robin, my wife, was anxious to drive a Jones Starfire E boat and after two training heats took on the two fastest 400 cube SKs of ME and the former Davis fast Hondo with her final lane draw being LANE ONE! She hit the start flying shocking us all and powered around all turns with me clinging on to dear life outside in rough water. This always happens when you get us together and for three laps or 3 miles it was blanket racing! I am so proud of her win over me to tie the series for Sunday only (different event than Nationals) with the tie breaker going my way with a faster lap time. Again, the guys beach spectating did not give her credit and figured I had thrown the race to stay out of a years washing dishes, or worse. I know the truth: she flat drove that cav plate less hydraulic throttled Jones very well, I know, I was behind her! She Sure looked good! Now on Saturday, she also finished 2 at Nationals since the yellow Hondo lost power while fighting me for the lead in the last turn with electric fuel pump failure! The same thing that cost team Davis a Championship three years earlier! And it happened in the same corner! Kids and their electric toys! Phewie, get a mechanical pump for consistancy!
I might remember more later but now am so pumped! Thanks for the borrowed slippers, sure have lots of wet clothes. Did I mention perfect weather all weekend? You should have been there!

stickmann
09-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Where did Robin find a Starfire ERR to drive?

kipperps28
09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Was it Todd's maroon boat? Stick- you would remember it as Nick Backimas' (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) E boat from the early days. Pretty soon you guys will figure out that those Starfires are still one of the best boats out there, as evidenced by this finish, and if I'm not mistaken, a Starfire still holds the Nosty 3/4 mile AND 1 mile records (wonder who that was...) not to mention the APBA SS and PS 1 2/3 mile records. I've never met a Starfire I didn't like!

ss396
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
yes it was todd's purple boat

Konabud
09-18-2006, 06:53 PM
So many to thank.....What a weekend! KonaBud, Rogers78, OnlyONe, Litlbit, SS396, Beisemeyer34, just to name those posting on here! I cant even begin to describe this event....Over 100 boats, 14 V-drives, 2 jets, and most important, so many friends and a safe race! Did I mention perfect weather all weekend? You should have been there!
Just wanted to say what a good time we had, you guys put on a great show! It was my first time out to one of these events and I was really impressed with how well the whole thing came off. We really enjoyed hanging with the racers and talking boats all weekend. I also got a huge kick watching the nosties run around the course and hope to get working on my own this winter. Again thanks and congrats to all!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Congratulations CJ!!!! I hope you shot a video for everyone! :cool:

CircleJerk
09-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Where did Robin find a Starfire ERR to drive?
Yes, and I believe it was one of your old boats, the Green Toad....You should of been there, Dude!

CircleJerk
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Congratulations CJ!!!! I hope you shot a video for everyone! :cool:
Right, jErKy Helmet Cam...... :)
I do have some DVD shots coming to include the Nordling flip and more...from Reflection Production.

Skyni
09-23-2006, 07:59 AM
yesterday at moses lake wa. the circlejerk won the AOF nationals with his red white and blue lavey. he did it with his 396 cu in chevy. which ran great. after today he will come home also with the USA 1 being the national hi point leader. :) :rollside: :)
I wanted to say way to go 'jerk....to Mrs. 'jerk too! I wish I could have been there. I can't wait for next year. Rat won't let me take my boat 'till later in the season,'till I get some time in it.....It will be alot different than the ol' avenger.....

stickmann
09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes, and I believe it was one of your old boats, the Green Toad....You should of been there, Dude!
Yes, it was our first raceboat. We used to call it the Green Log. We ran a Medium Riser Ford in SuperStock.

CircleJerk
09-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, it was our first raceboat. We used to call it the Green Log. We ran a Medium Riser Ford in SuperStock.
That must have run! The 355 in it now has beaten my LS7. Hey Stick, did any girls drive Jones in the past? I am going to find her a ride in Kips old e boat if possible. She loves your old boat but Todd wont sell....

stickmann
09-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Back in the day, they only ran powder-puff races; Steve Jones' wife Marilyn was a terror on the race course.