PDA

View Full Version : Trailer master cylinder, where do I find one ?

1968Droptop
09-17-2006, 03:17 PM
The master cylinder on my Comp trailer is toast. Where do I find one ? Are they pricey ? I can rob the electric brakes off a buddys trailer if I want. Am I better off stealing the electric brakes or rebuilding the current system ? What do you guys prefer and why ?

ultra tweaker
09-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't use the electric brakes they don't like water. Champion trailer supplies has all kinds of parts for trailers, just look them up online. Any rv place in your area can also supply those but they may have to order it. Good luck

YeLLowBoaT
09-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Any decent trailer place should have what you need. If you want the "trick" set up its electric over hydrolic, but its going to cost.

shaun
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I had the same issue, in fact it was letting the boat slam forward and back when stoping/starting because the master cylinder was just rusted and the shaft wasnt moving my solution for now was to remove it and through bolt the hole thing using stainless hardware. My trailer is ment for like a 21' boat (my boat is 18') so i'm not sure if i really even need trailer brakes but i figured once i get the motor back in it and see what it feels like i'll decide if i'm going to put them back on or not... chances are i wont, the trailers a POS and probably isnt worth the $$$

BLOWN JOB
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
any good boat shop will have them their about 50 bucks

1978 Rogers
09-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Freeway Trailer in Fife, right along I-5.