PDA

View Full Version : Does it REALLY work??

draggin craft
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I have heard guys talking about running a square port tunnel ram on their oval port heads, claims of dyno runs proving performance improvments.. is there anyone who has seen good or bad results with this? The reason im asking .. i happen to have a square port intake and oval port heads. It doesnt look like it would work.. or atleast im not sure what gaskets to use. What do you guys think.. let me know!!
George

QuickJet
09-17-2006, 11:25 PM
First of this thread needs to be moved to the gear head section. (George you should know better) I know your used to posting about who is bringing the salad and who is bringing the cold cuts...but this aint Banderlog!!!!
Second, running a square port intake with oval port heads is stupid and will only cost you power. Dart has reccomended running an OVAL port intake with some of their larger square port heads to increase velocity, but only when ran on smaller cubed big blocks (496 and smaller).
Your engine ( a cammed suburban motor) needs an oval port intake as long as you are running oval heads. Look for the right intake or step up the heads. Even when you get your all mighty square ports you aren't going to want to run that square port intake you already have. Consider it a $40.00 bench conversation piece. You can converse about what a piece of shitt it is :D

colechillin
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
First of this thread needs to be moved to the gear head section. (George you should know better) I know your used to posting about who is bringing the salad and who is bringing the cold cuts...but this aint Banderlog!!!!
Second, running a square port intake with oval port heads is stupid and will only cost you power. Dart has reccomended running an OVAL port intake with some of their larger square port heads to increase velocity, but only when ran on smaller cubed big blocks (496 and smaller).
Your engine ( a cammed suburban motor) needs an oval port intake as long as you are running oval heads. Look for the right intake or step up the heads. Even when you get your all mighty square ports you aren't going to want to run that square port intake you already have. Consider it a $40.00 bench conversation piece. You can converse about what a piece of shitt it is :D
Wow thats pretty harse Scott! But oh so true! My two cents to you George your engine doesn't make any power so I don't think your going to notice any difference in what you do! Scott I thought on Banderlog it was who was tossing salad and who is bringing the cold cuts! hahahahah

HaulinAss
09-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Just get the damn boat running.Use the frikkin cast iron stock suburban intake if you have to

HaulinAss
09-18-2006, 12:54 AM
And what the hell is this doing in this section :mad: :cool:

502 JET
09-18-2006, 10:24 AM
If it is a stock truck engine (peanut port heads) the large oval intake ports wont line up either.

QuickJet
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
If it is a stock truck engine (peanut port heads) the large oval intake ports wont line up either.
He's running the O49's. Gonna set a new water speed record he is :rollside: