RCB19
09-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Any results from NJBA races???

steelcomp
09-17-2006, 10:26 PM
William, Sent you a PM

Boy Named Sue
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Apparently volumetric compression was the hot topic in line at the porta potties. :rollside:

steelcomp
09-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Apparently volumetric compression was the hot topic in line at the porta potties. :rollside:You mean like the ones off yer back porch?

steelcomp
09-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Any results from NJBA races???There were excellent races this weekend...some won (or lost, as it may be) by as little as .001 sec. I'll let the guys fill in their own details. I pulled a best of 9.70 @ 105 with my Bahner. :D Couldn't be happier. :D There were lots of boats, and good, hardcore racing.

MikeF
09-18-2006, 05:02 AM
8.30/129.2.......on the button in ubfj! :mix: (against Braun to get to the next round in ubfj)
CS got about as far in each class as possible w/o taking the trophy. Runner up in the 8.50 bracket.....and just no getting around Hicks.(think it was a semi?) :cool:
Hicks did run a 7.52/135 but was not able to back it up w/a time/speed to recieve a low/high record in ubfj. :boxed: darn.
Alot of good racing for the boats that were there with some upsets and some good wins too!
Chris Braun beat CS in the 8.5 bracket.
Mark Roznos won in the 9.0 bracket.(if I remember correctly)
Joe Morgan in the ubfj final only to get beat by Hicks. Imagine that. ;)
Bandy got runner up to a flat in the 8.0 bracket.
Bob got runner up to Ralf in the 10.0 bracket.
Steelcomps boat ran well and says he'll be out there some more to continue the dialing in process. :cool:
Was a fun weekend! :cool:
One crash that was very hairy. Still don't know condition of driver. Heard he is cognizent but have no idea about the extent of injuries.

MAXIMUS
09-18-2006, 05:55 AM
There were excellent races this weekend...some won (or lost, as it may be) by as little as .001 sec. I'll let the guys fill in their own details. I pulled a best of 9.70 @ 105 with my Bahner. :D Couldn't be happier. :D There were lots of boats, and good, hardcore racing.
That is really cool! You should be stoked! :)

steelcomp
09-18-2006, 06:14 AM
That is really cool! You should be stoked! :)
Thanks Max...I'm definately stoked.

Mrs.Racer277
09-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Awesome racing out there this weekend. :)

Cs19
09-18-2006, 07:38 AM
One of the best racing weekends ever for the 418 Stark Naked Team. We struggled big time Saturday and things didnt look good..We decided to make some big changes Sat. night in the pits and showed up with a competitive boat Sunday morning and ran our best ever in UBFJ with a 4.51 to the 1/8th and an 8.30 @ 129 mph to the stripe. We weeded our way through the 8.50 field with .60s and .70s but lost in the finals to another Eliminator by .01 :mad: :) What a great race!! :) Had a big win early in UBFJ but went out in the semis to Hicks.Thanks to my crew for a kick ass weekend,we worked hard and made great calls on the hardware and engine and Im proud what we achieved..Thanks to Mike F. especially.. You were a huge help, thank you!! Also thanks to Cyclone for the help on Sat. Want to thank everyone in Jetboat row as well, what an awesome group.
It was fun stepping up a bracket and racing different boats, really looking forward to the remaining 2 races.
Good luck to those who are going to Smokin' in the cove in Arkansas for the 1000 ft. drags this coming weekend.
CS

HBjet
09-18-2006, 07:48 AM
8.30 @ 129 mph
That's great CS, sorry I missed it.
HBjet

Nucking futs
09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Thats a big step up Chris, congrats !!!

RCB19
09-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Sounds as if there was some true racing going on. Races to the lights and some BIG numbers posted. NICE! Big congrats to you all.

sofa king smooth
09-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Hats off to the 418 boat. Put up some impressive numbers and made a hell of a showing in the 8.50s. Nice to have another boat in the class.
The boat went from mouse to monster in a short period of time with the changes. 8.30 @129 is off the hook. Maybe you will swim after the october race,if you can get by the draggon. :rolleyes:
Grass beach party this weekend should be good,you better be in.

bp
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
great job by all you guys this weekend. the 8.00 and 8.50's were pretty hot, with lots of boats.
cp won the manufacturers cup.... again. :cool:

pattymelt18
09-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Had a great time all weekend and special thanks to chris starkweather, joe morgan, chris braun,mark roznos, the hicks, jack mc, steve penberthy and joe lakamp for all the support all weekend it was a great time and thanks. Josh

moneysucker
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
What happened with the crash? I heard it was a southwind that blew over> Who was it? How is he? Was it windy?
CY

Nucking futs
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
southwinds don't blow over...... :crossx:

MikeF
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
This one did. Had some blown alcohol engine in it. Looked like it chine walked and he didn't lift....leading to it taking off. It was not pretty.

Scoobinator
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Saturday was a good time with you guys out there I learned alot about racing and hopefully I can get my ride set up soon and thanks agian Sofa and Cs for the beers and pizza saturday nite at the pits it was a great time..
The Scoob

Mrs.Racer277
09-18-2006, 12:49 PM
What happened with the crash? I heard it was a southwind that blew over> Who was it? How is he? Was it windy?
CY
I think his name is Charlie or Charles Hogkins??? Have not heard an official report on his condition. No wind.

BAE_557
09-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Charlie is a good friend of mine, I just talked to his wife, he is still in the ER.
Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

Suckfish81
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Didnt make it Sat but the racing Sun was great just got there to see the crash Heavy Sigh heard the guy was ok. Definatly some good jet boat racing. Havent been in awhile. those cps were definatly haulin ass.

Nucking futs
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
This one did. Had some blown alcohol engine in it. Looked like it chine walked and he didn't lift....leading to it taking off. It was not pretty.
It was the white thunder boat. Charlie is a cool guy. he must have done some hardware changes. Hope he is doing good.

Mrs.Racer277
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Charlie is a good friend of mine, I just talked to his wife, he is still in the ER.
Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
Please check your PM's. :)

MikeF
09-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Was it the white thunder boat?
Was a white base w/orange yellow flames on the bow. I do not recall seeing a name. It was center steer.

moneysucker
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Thoughts and prayers to charlie and his family. Hope to see a speedy recovery. IHBA had no accidents this weekend in the Drags. There was at least one K boat to go over from what I heard. They were running over at ski beach again not crown point. It did allow the drags to be able to finish though.

bp
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
he had way too much attitude 100' past the starting line for a sw, or any mod v. it kept getting worse and worse until it just drove out of the water around half track, stood up and fell over. mark had pics of the whole thing. may have had a nice concussion, but we were told that he walked to the ambulance.
boat was pretty much destroyed. pump and transom are either at the bottom of ming, or in back of someone's truck, as the whole thing was ripped off the boat.

steelcomp
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't think it was as much a blow over as it was the back of the boat just drove under the front, definately overpowering the set-up. The pump, intake, and left side of the transom w/ tunnel plate attached, were recovered. I hadn't heard he walked to the ambulance...nor do I believe they would ever have let him after that accident.
I owe a lot of thanks this weekend, as well. bp...your binder came in very handy and I'll look forward to putting it to good use. Thanks. Jack McClure's wife helped me all weekend with driving to the in and out ramp, for which I'm extreeeemely greatful, and Jack was helpful, as usual. Jerry Hics...thanks again for the use of your generator, CS...you were a big help, too. DNE, Jeff Bennett, thanks for your input. Great to see everyone.

Nucking futs
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
he had way too much attitude 100' past the starting line for a sw, or any mod v. it kept getting worse and worse until it just drove out of the water around half track, stood up and fell over. mark had pics of the whole thing. may have had a nice concussion, but we were told that he walked to the ambulance.
boat was pretty much destroyed. pump and transom are either at the bottom of ming, or in back of someone's truck, as the whole thing was ripped off the boat.
That boat had a weird looking bottom to begin with. Not sure on the concept they were trying to achieve, but charlie did call me and ask some set up questions as to the R intake and shoe depth.I guess the last few times out the intake was set in all wrong. WoW, sorry to hear the boat was destroyed but good to hear Charlie is ok.

Scoobinator
09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Here are a couple of pics from saturday.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17766&stc=1 http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17765&stc=1

Cs19
09-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks Scoob.
Whos planning on running in October?

djdtpr
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Any news on the guy that blew over?What about the guy that got pitched out of the daytona was he alright?Sounds like it was agood weekend at the races.
Congrats on the 8.30 @ 129 pass CS sounds like you are getting it dialed.How many times did you back it up?I heard that Fuentes went 8.20 @ like 133mph but had trouble backing that up also.The air must have been good then got bad on you guys.

BUSBY
09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
but we were told that he walked to the ambulance
He didn't walk to the ambulance ... he's still in the hospital. No other news at this point. I hope he get's better soon.
Brian

riverjunkie
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
This is the post from Duane on the Drag Boat Racing Site.
The Bakersfield Race Sept. 17, 2006 Charlie Hodsdon crashed while competing in his River Races jet boat, White Thunder. Charlie is at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital awaiting surgery. The hospital is apparently at full capacity and he is still being kept in the ER.
His condition consist of a collapsed lung, a broken pelvis, a crushed spine, is paralyzed from the chest down and is in need of surgery.
The family has asked for your prayers and thoughts.
We have the sequence of his crash but will hold off on making them available to the public until later. If anyone can provide to us contact information for the family or you can just tell them to contact us here at DragBoatRacing.com we will be glad to pass the photos to them.
God Bless you Charlie and may you have a speed recovery.

Nucking futs
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
The Bakersfield Race Sept. 17, 2006 Charlie Hodsdon crashed while competing in his River Races jet boat, White Thunder. Charlie is at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital awaiting surgery. The hospital is apparently at full capacity and he is still being kept in the ER.
His condition consist of a collapsed lung, a broken pelvis, a crushed spine, is paralyzed from the chest down and is in need of surgery.
We have the sequence of his crash but will hold off on making them available to the public until later. If anyone can provide to us contact information for the family or you can just tell them to contact us here at DragBoatRacing.com we will be glad to pass the photos to them.
I have his cell phone # you have a pm

Mrs Luvnlife
09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow, Cale just asked me if I knew the latest....so sorry to hear this :( !!! Mark was showing the pictures to us and told us they said he walked to the ambulance and I was extremely surprised to hear that, as the accident happened right in front of us :( . He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers!

steelcomp
09-19-2006, 06:30 PM
This thing about him walking to the ambulance is wrong. There's no way that after an accident of that magnitude that they're going to let anyone off that backboard. The EMT's aren't qualified to make that decision. Their job is to retrieve and stabilize a crash victim, give immediate life saving medical attention, and transport. If someon's injured enough, or been in a bad enough crash to warrant going to the hospital in the ambulance, they're going to be strapped to that board untill they get there. No questions. There, the qualified doctors can determine what to do next.
I'm not surprised at the extent of his injuries, and my prayers go out to his family.

Mrs.Racer277
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
If we can help the family out in any way please have someone send me a PM.
Charlie and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

bp
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
This thing about him walking to the ambulance is wrong.
you know, i don't recall seeing you in the staging lanes when this happened, nor standing there when several of us were told that he walked to the ambulance. obviously, if his condition is as stated above, that wouldn't have been the case.

steelcomp
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
you know, i don't recall seeing you in the staging lanes when this happened, nor standing there when several of us were told that he walked to the ambulance. obviously, if his condition is as stated above, that wouldn't have been the case.
My comment wasn't to start an arguement...I saw the accident, and I don't see what difference it makes where I was when it happened. Obviously whoever told you he walked to the ambulance didn't know what they were talking about, or just repeated bad info. Sorry, gossip bother's me, especially in cases like this. I was at the driver's meeting immediately after the accident ( I believe you were still in your boat) where we were told first hand that he had no feeling below the waist, except for some tingling in the toes, and that he was concious and responsive. Nothing about "walking to the ambulance". I have some EMT experience and knowledge, and my comment was just meant to help inform, not criticize.

TRG
09-19-2006, 09:22 PM
niether one of you are the type to back down, so why dont you all just wish the family the best wishes and save all the B.S. for another thread?
Todd

pce680
09-20-2006, 05:07 AM
My comment wasn't to start an arguement...I saw the accident, and I don't see what difference it makes where I was when it happened. Obviously whoever told you he walked to the ambulance didn't know what they were talking about, or just repeated bad info. Sorry, gossip bother's me, especially in cases like this. I was at the driver's meeting immediately after the accident ( I believe you were still in your boat) where we were told first hand that he had no feeling below the waist, except for some tingling in the toes, and that he was concious and responsive. Nothing about "walking to the ambulance". I have some EMT experience and knowledge, and my comment was just meant to help inform, not criticize.
WELL SAID

bp
09-20-2006, 06:26 AM
My comment wasn't to start an arguement...I saw the accident, and I don't see what difference it makes where I was when it happened. Obviously whoever told you he walked to the ambulance didn't know what they were talking about, or just repeated bad info.
Sorry, gossip bother's me, especially in cases like this. I was at the driver's meeting immediately after the accident ( I believe you were still in your boat) where we were told first hand that he had no feeling below the waist, except for some tingling in the toes, and that he was concious and responsive. Nothing about "walking to the ambulance". I have some EMT experience and knowledge, and my comment was just meant to help inform, not criticize.
there is no argument. we weren't in boats we were in the staging lanes waiting to go in. i'm not gonna say "who" told us he walked to the ambulance, only that it was someone that should have known. then, i hear there's a mandatory drivers meeting, so go back up there (still suited up), only to get there just as the "mandatory" meeting is breaking up. another person (who also should have known, as he was there) sees me, says i'm too late, that the message was "he's ok, and be safe". there were a lot of drivers in the staging lanes that didn't make it to that "mandatory" meeting.
if gossip bothers you, why would you say i was "in my boat", when you don't know? since you don't know what difference it makes as to where you were, let me explain. the difference between wherever you might have been, and where 18 boats, crews and drivers were, is that speakers cover most of the area surrounding the track. however, there are no speakers in the lanes, and words from the speakers up track are indistinguishable. you say that "whoever told us he walked to the ambulance didn't know what they were talking about, or just repeated bad info", which is more gossip because you have NO first hand knowledge about how that person was informed.
that you have -some- emt experience is great (not sure what "some" means, a person either has experience or they don't).

pce680
09-20-2006, 07:38 AM
These kinds of rumors should be verified before printed on the internet for the world to read.This evidently was a BAD rumor.If people are not sure of the facts it is best to not say anything.

djdtpr
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Wow BP you and Steelcomp need to start a different thread or just call each other cause this is definatly not cool to the people reading or family and friends that may be reading this just put yourself in their shoes for a little while and reread what is going on and then start over.Instead of replying to this post send me a pm or just call me butwe dont need the bickering on here with this situation.
Danny

BUSBY
09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
The information Duane posted about Charlie is correct.
If anyone should know about what happened or didn't happen, it should be me ...
He did not walk to the ambulance. Period. So that should end any bickering.
And I agree with Danny & Ron here ... this is not a place for anything to be posted or spoken about other than well wishes to the family and to his quick recovery.

steelcomp
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Like I said, my comment was just meant to help inform, not criticize, or start a pissy arguement. I don't know why this turned personal, Bob. It wasn't directed at you, It was directed at hearing twice that he "walked to the ambulance", which I know, just as policy, couldn't be true, and I was compelled to say something.
I shouldn't have to be defending myself here, as I certainly mean no disrespect to Charlie's family. Quite the contrary. I've offered my wished and said my prayers, and I apologise if the way I worded what I said offended anyone. It certainly wasn't meant to. For the rest of you that think you need to "criticize", you're just adding to the drama, and just taking this thread further down than you think it already is. You're comments are as inappropriate as any on here, in regards to respect for the family and Charlie.

Cs19
09-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Results are up. There were some very close races on Sunday.. :) Good stuff.

steelcomp
09-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Any word on how Charlie is doing?

Mrs.Racer277
09-24-2006, 10:06 AM
As of Friday he was still in the hospital. I do not know if I can tell any more details then that????
Maybe BAE can let us all know how he is doing??>>