PDA

View Full Version : Officially off the Dmax bandwagon

hoolign
09-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Ol dmax died a horrible death! ....and was replaced by a 3500 dodge doolie! down with chevy :D

Sleek-Jet
09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Do those Dodge's still come with a spare tranny???

hoolign
09-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Do those Dodge's still come with a spare tranny???
I'm more concerned about how long the clutch is gonna last in that beast

Sleek-Jet
09-18-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm more concerned about how long the clutch is gonna last in that beast
Ahhh... you went manual... should have no problems... other than mullet jokes you will now have to endure... it's required for all Mopar owners to look like Joe Dirt... :D

havaduner
09-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Sorry for your loss... :cry:

hoolign
09-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry for your loss... :cry:
Thanks, First time Ive strayed from Chev in a long time...we'll see how the Doolie holds up. may buy another chev when they make a decent body style again..the 07's look like shit!

GHT
09-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Isn't there a lot of emissions that are going to have to be on all the 07 deisels? Vegasbaby was telling me something about the Feds starting to come down on deisels. And the idea it will zap quite a bit of the power. Just askin..
Oh yea, didn't mean to jack the thread... Congrats and good luck with the Dodge Hooli. My neighbor has one (not the dully) and loves it. Nice looking truck.

hoolign
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Isn't there a lot of emissions that are going to have to be on all the 07 deisels? Vegasbaby was telling me something about the Feds starting to come down on deisels. And the idea it will zap quite a bit of the power. Just askin..
Oh yea, didn't mean to jack the thread... Congrats and good luck with the Dodge Hooli. My neighbor has one (not the dully) and loves it. Nice looking truck.
We're not big on emissions up here - point in case-Brown! :mad:

GHT
09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I heard the Canadian Government is requiring Tom Brown to wear Charcoal filtered underware? That should clean up your air a little. :cool:

Run_em_Hard
09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
To answer the emission question...Yes the EPA is making the 07's meet strict codes. That is one reason for the new fuel.

GHT
09-18-2006, 12:28 PM
To answer the emission question...Yes the EPA is making the 07's meet strict codes. That is one reason for the new fuel.
What new fuel?? :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
. other than mullet jokes you will now have to endure... it's required for all Mopar owners to look like Joe Dirt... :D
Joe Dirt has more teeth than Hool and a combed mulleti

hoolign
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Joe Dirt has more teeth than Hool and a combed mulleti
I only need one tooth to open my beer! and why comb the mullet? i's just gonna get messed up after passing out from that beer anyways!

Dave C
09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
quitter.... ahh go ahead.. join the other team... you'll be back! :mad:

It's Only Money
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
The new Cummins 6.7 in the 2007 3500 Ram will meet the new Federal emissions requirements for the U.S. on the Low Sulphur diesel without power loss. Still rated at 310 HP and 610 ft/lbs torque I think.

MBlaster
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Ford's going to introduce a twin turbo'd clanker too.

OGShocker
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks, First time Ive strayed from Chev in a long time...we'll see how the Doolie holds up. may buy another chev when I get off WELFARE.
Sorry 'bout your bad luck, Hooli! :crossx: :D :crossx:

hoolign
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Sorry 'bout your bad luck, Hooli! :crossx: :D :crossx:
Welfare?? hel I could buy a Ford with the stamps at least! :crossx:

Tom Brown
09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Are you kidding? I'm huge on emissions. :cool:

Tom Brown
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Ol dmax died a horrible death!
Did something go wrong while you were blowing away a twin turbo Viper?
....and was replaced by a 3500 dodge doolie! down with chevy :D
Dodge. You're always coming up with a funny ass gag, Hooli. lmao! :D :D :D http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

RitcheyRch
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear the Dmax died but congrats on the new truck.

cc322
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Dodge it or Ram it Congrats hope you have better luck then the GM as for me I bleed Blue :argue:

hoolign
09-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Did something go wrong while you were blowing away a twin turbo Viper?
Dodge. You're always coming up with a funny ass gag, Hooli. lmao! :D :D :D http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
Viper?? It ate it's share of mustangs, camaro's and hondas, but was never in that leauge! I can point you in the direction of some Dmax - vette killers if you like though?? as a matter of fact ...just give me a minute and i'll post a link for ya ....
smartass (http://video.dieselplace.com/category/Drag+Racing/0/95faae0c-7956-4e40-9f0b-0af405d46a63.htm)
And yes, decided to give the Dodge mega cab a go, nothing done to it yet as ai headed off to work as soon as the cheque cleared...So Mr.Brown...When I get some time off to do something to this one ..I'll invite ya down here and take ya for a rip..should put a grin on your face as it did to Hanson ( we just wont pollute you with 5m3 of labbats lite first) :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Gay!! :)
Love ya Hooli :p

hoolign
09-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Gay!! :)
Love ya Hooli :p
So you finaly ate pussy? that dont make you gay woman..just BI..WooWOOWOOooooOoooOOoo WooooOOOooOOOo
:D :D

OGShocker
09-19-2006, 07:30 AM
So you finaly ate pussy? that dont make you gay woman..just BI..WooWOOWOOooooOoooOOoo WooooOOOooOOOo
She got tired of squirrel..:D:D:D

hoolign
09-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Ford's going to introduce a twin turbo'd clanker too.
Yes they are just bolting the twin kit on the same powderstroke I'm curious to see how that motor stands up with the Boost factor doubled....should be a rocket - for a while :D I havent read anything about any plans to redo the internals to handle the extra turbo. The 07 emmisions should be interesting as well for all deisels!

Mrs.Racer277
09-19-2006, 07:32 AM
LMFAO
I DID NOT!!!

hoolign
09-19-2006, 07:33 AM
She got tired of squirrel..:D:D:D
:D :D ....

hoolign
09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
LMFAO
I DID NOT!!!
Really? a little talk arond the forums that your a natural! Dr`Dia to Emergency for numming ...Dr`Dia to Emergency for numming :D

STV_Keith
09-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Did you get the 5.9 or the 6.7? I didn't think the 6.7's were on the lots yet...but I might be wrong. Ours hasn't come in yet though. The manual is the way to go. Gimme a call when you're ready for some HP! The HB guys get the hookup. :)

hoolign
09-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Did you get the 5.9 or the 6.7? I didn't think the 6.7's were on the lots yet...but I might be wrong. Ours hasn't come in yet though. The manual is the way to go. Gimme a call when you're ready for some HP! The HB guys get the hookup. :)
Got an 06 with the 5.9. havent hooked aload up to t yet so havent been able to witness the bottom end work yet. Whatd you have in mind? Its going in for exhaust first and i'l put a cold air intake into it. before I start with the motor i wanna up grade the lift pump. I had a fuel problem with the Chev after chiipng it and reprogramming it.. the lift pump sure helped! I was going to go with propane injection but a bud of mine is tryng to talk me into a`NOS system. I was going to go with bullydog for the chips and programmer..any thoughts? Id like to see 550 hp out of the motor with around 900ft/lbs for torque. I heard the 6.7's are going to be 700 + for torque??

hoolign
09-19-2006, 08:38 AM
So ya bought the farmer truck.....
in the imortal words of OB EDDIE ...YEEE HAWWWW :rollside:

KLEPTOW
09-19-2006, 09:51 AM
What new fuel?? :confused:
Ultra low sulfur.. Some older deisels wont even run on the shit.

STV_Keith
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Got an 06 with the 5.9. havent hooked aload up to t yet so havent been able to witness the bottom end work yet. Whatd you have in mind? Its going in for exhaust first and i'l put a cold air intake into it. before I start with the motor i wanna up grade the lift pump. I had a fuel problem with the Chev after chiipng it and reprogramming it.. the lift pump sure helped! I was going to go with propane injection but a bud of mine is tryng to talk me into a`NOS system. I was going to go with bullydog for the chips and programmer..any thoughts? Id like to see 550 hp out of the motor with around 900ft/lbs for torque. I heard the 6.7's are going to be 700 + for torque??
Rather than starting with exhaust (they have 4" stock) and an intake (with the stock turbo, the stock airbox is fair, but the filter outflows the airbox), I'd suggest starting with a power box - preferrably one that has automatic EGT monitoring and control. I'd suggest the Edge Juice/Attitude combo. LOTS of features - gives you the gauges you want, EGT, Boost, temps, EGT monitoring with backdown, up to 120rwhp gain and 250+ft-lbs torque.
The lift pump in your truck is in the tank and good for 500+rwhp - no need to change that really. With just the Juice/Attitude, you could expect around 420hp/850tq to the wheels. To get more power, you'll have to go with larger injectors (we offer 50hp and 75hp gain), a larger turbo (like the ball bearing Turbonetics Edge unit or similar) and that should put you firmly on the 500hp level. When you do the turbo, you will want the airbox kit, like the AFE or similar. Exhaust with a high-flow muffler is adviseable too, when you get to this point. You will need a clutch at this level too...I'd recommend the South Bend MU1947-Con FE G56. Good for 700+rwhp.
For normal use, I'd stay away from nitrous, as the common rail trucks don't make a lot of smoke or have much residual fuel for the N2O to really work. A water/methanol injection kit would be cheaper, help with EGT's better and offer around 75rwhp gain. Much cheaper to feed too.
Those are my suggestions. PM me if you have any other questions or pricing requests.