PDA

View Full Version : Thanks go out

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
To 396, vindog, and Jordan_23_85205, with out them who knows where my boat would be today. Long story short, was on our way to the back hang out at our local lake. was at WOT(5200) when i blew my droop and knozzle clean off. Well some how when it blew off it took my drain plug with it.Yea thats what i said, nose dove thank god me and 396 didnt get pitched and the boat didnt sink. I got towed to the back where i was able to save 4 holes(the other 4 have to get drilled and tapped cause it ripped the threads off) spent the next few hours back there hanging out and limped it back to the docks. All in all it was a very scary experience but like i said with out those guys it could have been worse............................................. .......................

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I didnt realize that you posted this thread. I was probablly typing my thread when you were typing this one. What a day.........

Jordy
09-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Wow, that's scary stuff. Sounds like it could have been much worse though.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2006, 08:19 AM
that shit was not cool one bit. Ive been through alot of different situations but this one was wild. Luckily the boat didnt hook on us! Ive lost msd power, and battery power in my boat and it luckily never acted up and went straight.

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
One of those make yea wonder what could have happen in different water situations. Im glad the boat didnt hook like mike said or it would have been real ugly.

lucky
09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
glad you two homos are ok-- - thats some shit right there

Jordan_23_85205
09-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Glad I could help~

Jordy
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Im glad the boat didnt hook like mike said or it would have been real ugly.
Yeah, then again you were in a jetboat powered by a ford. How fast could that really go anyway??? :D :D :D

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, then again you were in a jetboat powered by a ford. How fast could that really go anyway??? :D :D :D
****er it was fast enough.................LMAO

Jordy
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
****er it was fast enough.................LMAO
You knew that was coming. :D :D :D

Vin-Dog
09-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Anytime Ty, just glad it didn't get ugly. Well it did get kinda ugly, you had 396 sitt'n shotgun with a white sheet over his head!! I know I should bust your balls about a Chevy towing a Ford but I won't go there! Juat glad you got your ride back to the ramp. :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Why did ya have to mention my sheet:D

Jordan_23_85205
09-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Why did ya have to mention my sheet:D
I've got pictures :crossx:

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Anytime Ty, just glad it didn't get ugly. Well it did get kinda ugly, you had 396 sitt'n shotgun with a white sheet over his head!! I know I should bust your balls about a Chevy towing a Ford but I won't go there! Juat glad you got your ride back to the ramp. :D :D
Why you have to go there. Yes a chevy towen me in, hell i would have rather had a whacker do it then a chevy. But thanks again man, something made you and keith turn back and it a good thing you did. Your beer is on my next time.........................

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
I've got pictures :crossx:
I dare ya................................................ .......................................

AzMandella
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Isn't that all Chevys are good for?Towing. :)

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Ill give that to him. He saved my ass....Took his chevy some time to get me back to the beach but he made it.......LMAO

MikeF
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I guess there wasn't another "found on river dead" to tow his buddy in. :)
I'd guess that the bolts that you were using were not long enough to keep from pulling the threads out of the bowl. Either use stainless all thread that will bottom out in the bowl threads or use longer bolts. Double bolt them for extra safety. Just some thoughts. :boxed:

460 jus getn it
09-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I guess there wasn't another "found on river dead" to tow his buddy in. :)
I'd guess that the bolts that you were using were not long enough to keep from pulling the threads out of the bowl. Either use stainless all thread that will bottom out in the bowl threads or use longer bolts. Double bolt them for extra safety. Just some thoughts. :boxed:
Im sure the bolts were long enough as it ripped the bolts and threads right out. The bowl is real old so i figure the threads were old and sonce i did some pump work it increased the pressure out. Im going to re-tap then and insert coils on the holes that are damaged. Thinking of drilling 4 more holes just to be safe.....Any thoughts on this or should i just fix the holes that were damaged and go??????????????????????????

flat broke
09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Now might be a good time to have the bowl and droop double drilled. Not only will you be gaining more clamping force, you'll also be clamping into fresh holes/threads that haven't been subject to the wear and tear commensurate with the age of your bowl
Also, ditto the recommendation on studs if you aren't running them already. You'll know they're bottomed all the way in the bowl, giving you the most thread engangement possible, and more importantly they won't tend pull on the threads at a funky angle like a bolt does when you use wedges. If you want to get really trick, use some conical washers under the nuts and then you'll really be styled.
I almost forgot, make sure you go ahead and helicoil ALL of the current holes now. If they all pulled out one way or another, the threads (though they may have held to get you back to the ramp) are definitely not in tip top shape. Save yourself the headache and buy some piece of mind by repairing all of the holes, not just the ones that were obliterated when the bolts pulled out.
Glad nobody was hurt,
Chris

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Good advice chris;)