PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith tickets??????

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Anybody got a line on some good orchestra seats for the Aerosmith concert at Hollywood Bowl or Hyundai Pavilion? Preferrably Hyundai because it's on a Saturday. I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd ask. It's surprising the deals and information you find out on here. Anyways, besides chanceing and sniping on ebay the only way to get a $200 ticket these days is to pay a freaking broker 3 times the cost of the ticket. And it's only that cheap because the tickets aren't on sale to the general public yet and the concert is two months away. grrrrrrr. Thanks for any help.

prosthogod
09-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I've got a Steven Tyler owned and autographed Dodge Viper I'll sell you.

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I've got a Steven Tyler owned and autographed Dodge Viper I'll sell you.
If I could afford that I wouldn't be looking for a hookup on concert tickets. I'd have the money to be front row with backstage passes. :cry:
Besides that I drive Chevy's. If I ever actually get to meet the band I'm going to have to talk to them about that Dodge dealio. :D
Thanks though. :) :)

Howie Feltersnatch
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Maybe AARP has a hookup.

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Maybe AARP has a hookup.
That was actually pretty funny!! :) :)
I'll listen to them when they're 90 if they can still rock.
Besides Motley Crue is opening. This is going to be an awesome show.
KISS sucked when they opened. They just make a bunch of noise in makeup and the stage blows up. After a while you can't even hear them attempting to play music as the pyrotechnics has dulled your hearing.

Captain Dan
09-18-2006, 11:25 AM
That was actually pretty funny!! :) :)
I'll listen to them when they're 90 if they can still rock.
Besides Motley Crue is opening. This is going to be an awesome show.
KISS sucked when they opened. They just make a bunch of noise in makeup and the stage blows up. After a while you can't even hear them attempting to play music as the pyrotechnics has dulled your hearing.
KISS always sucked - they were embarrassing even in their day.

hoolign
09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
KISS always sucked - they were embarrassing even in their day.
BAN HIM! :mad:

Captain Dan
09-18-2006, 11:35 AM
BAN HIM! :mad:
I knew I would get a rise out of someone... Sorry, but I stand behind my original statement. :)

HocusPocus
09-18-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.afgrant.com/images/kiss/kiss_star.jpg
Rock And Roll All Night!
i saw Aerosmith back in the 70's, to this day its still the worst show i have ever seen, or course they were all strung out back then. last time they came around i wanted to go see them but im just way to cheap to spend that much cash to see a concert.
http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/7/6/9/2/652967_356x237.jpg

YODA
09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
My kid told me that Aerosmith was at his work the other day-then he asked if they were ever big!!!! Are they still recording new stuff?

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 06:40 PM
My kid told me that Aerosmith was at his work the other day-then he asked if they were ever big!!!! Are they still recording new stuff?
Yes. The last album was Honking on Bobo which was a blues cover album. Awesome album. They are currently working a new album. And where does your kid work? Kinda funny asking if they were ever big. They are still big. I guess around these parts though the kids only know who the gangsta rappers with the potty mouths are.

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
i saw Aerosmith back in the 70's, to this day its still the worst show i have ever seen, or course they were all strung out back then. last time they came around i wanted to go see them but im just way to cheap to spend that much cash to see a concert.
Go and buy a lawn ticket or something. It's a great show. From the footage and from things I have read there were some really good shows in the 70's but a lot of them sucked because they were so jacked up. It really all started going downhill with the drugs during and after Toys in the Attic. Once they cleaned up though it's been off the hook. Not many bands out there that can put on a good show.

Howie Feltersnatch
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Skip Aerosmith & check out my girls when they come through...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdyH36RgnU
They tour pretty much all the time these days & still sound great.
Yeah Ann's put on a few but let's not cast stones, she's awesome.

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Skip Aerosmith & check out my girls when they come through...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdyH36RgnU
They tour pretty much all the time these days & still sound great.
Yeah Ann's put on a few but let's not cast stones, she's awesome.
No dissing Heart here but I wouldn't skip Aerosmith to see them. I would see them but Aerosmith is great.
The only thing you can lay on Aerosmith is starting the rap revolution with Run DMC. Not that it wasn't cool but it paved the way to all the garbage we have now.

Howie Feltersnatch
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
You're right - skip 'em is a bit much. As for the Rap bit I'm 45 years old (damn that's old) & a huge rap fan. I'm a music fan overall & there just isn't much new music coming out of the rock genre. Rap continues to bring new beats, new melodies, and the best production values.
I grew up on Journey, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Foreigner, Heart, Kansas, etc., but it looks like those days are gone.
New stuff is coming from guys like Swiss Beatz.

voodoomedman
09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
You're right - skip 'em is a bit much. As for the Rap bit I'm 45 years old (damn that's old) & a huge rap fan. I'm a music fan overall & there just isn't much new music coming out of the rock genre. Rap continues to bring new beats, new melodies, and the best production values.
I grew up on Journey, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Foreigner, Heart, Kansas, etc., but it looks like those days are gone.
New stuff is coming from guys like Swiss Beatz.
It's not that I hate all rap. If a song is good then it's good no matter what label you put on it. I hate the talentless crap out there that all they do is cus and degrade women and that is somehow supposed to be music. As for the new beats I'll take a Joe Perry riff over a mac tune anyday.

voodoomedman
09-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Nobody huh :cry: :cry: :cry: