PDA

View Full Version : Powered by Hallcraft

roostwear
02-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Decal with "Powered by Hallcraft" in the original Hallcraft script is finished and should be available on Roostwear by this weekend. eek! Hallcraft and Hondo shirts due to be released in a couple weeks, too! Photos should be posted by Thursday. :D

Flat Rat
02-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Roostwear are you going to have any Mandella thing in the future? We bought our Mandella in 1970 and still have it. The one we have is a short deck.Even thinking of finding a SS decked one. It wiuld be to race up here in Washington.

roostwear
02-26-2003, 06:13 AM
I'm always looking for more logos to reproduce. If you have a good emblem, brochure, etc, grab the digital and send me a shot.

FlatRat
02-26-2003, 06:44 AM
What?
Another FlatRat.Who be you?

Flat Rat
02-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Flatrat Hi
I have been around drag boats since the mid 60's. At that time we lived in Seattle but belonged to Tahoma Drag & Ski club out of Tacoma untill mid 70's. Now we are with Mr Jerk out of Spokane. Last year we attended two other outtings in AZ and CA. And try to make the World Finals. Now what about you.

CircleJerk
02-27-2003, 12:39 AM
He's a P I G :D with a flatbottom....

hack job
02-27-2003, 11:07 AM
and what ever happened with the spectra stuff?

roostwear
02-27-2003, 07:13 PM
hack job:
and what ever happened with the spectra stuff? It's still in the works, but was pushed back a little by others. With a little luck, 3rd week of March. :D
http://www.roostwear.com/email/pr.jpg

FlatRat
03-02-2003, 04:09 AM
Well let's see.In the mid 60's I was 5 years old.Anyways,I grew up in nocal.My father used to take to the races on Sunday after church.He would sneak us kids under the fence.(repent later).Have been snake bit ever sense.Now me and a buddy rod around the N.W. in our v-drives.There is only two of us in the county.We are going to to make it over to Banks lake in June.Hey Jerk, do you have a prop?

72 superlite
03-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Flat Rat, do you have any pictures from the Tahoma drag and ski days, or home movies? I have some but am always looking for more. My dad ran with them back then. Would be happy to share what I have with you even if you don't.

CircleJerk
03-02-2003, 10:05 PM
FlatRat
We are going to to make it over to Banks lake in June.Hey Jerk, do you have a prop? [/QB]Great story! I have a 11X15, a 11 1/4X14 and 11 1/4X15 only in left hand. You are welcome to try these at Banks unless Blondie doesnt need the one you want to try! At sometime this year I will sell one since I am going right hand. We share lots of stuff between the Nosty racers besides friendship. Real glad to hear we will meet you then. Send me an address and I will send you a map and reservation phone number. Do you need rules just in case you get the urge?? smile_sp Jerk

Flat Rat
03-04-2003, 12:13 AM
72 Superlite
No we don't have any Movies. We have a few slides but most are taken with instamatic camera so the boats are small and hard to recognize. We know your Dad well. Looking forward to seeing all of you at Banks Lake in June! Let me know your phone number and sometime when we are down your way we will give you a call and get together for coffee or something.

Flat Rat
03-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Hi Flatrat
Tell me about your flatbottom, what is it? How long have you owned it? What about your buddies boat? Where do you run your boats in Eureka? Glad to hear you will be at Banks Lake, we plan to arrive there on Thursday the 12th, so we will see you there.

FlatRat
03-08-2003, 03:54 AM
Flat rat # 1,
Sorry for delayed response,computer was OTL.Any ways,my flat is a '67 Sanger with a 461 Cheby,Hallcraft gearbox. Motor is nothing speicial,.030 over,.595 solid Comp cam.990 heads with 2.25 in. 1.88 ex.Team G manifold,which I polished myself. What a job that was. Holley 850 dp.I sripped the hull last winter and redid all of the hardware.I built a buffing and polishing station so I could buff all the parts.O.K.,the other one. I just picked up a '86 Sanger Hydro,with a 454.That's what the block I.D. #'s say anyway I don't know any specs on bore,stroke.It has 049 heads,tunnel ram and two 660 center sqiurters.My buddies boat is a '68 Nordic with a 355 Chevy. This boat is very clean.He just picked a '73 Hallet,396 which he is just finishing up this winter.It should run real nice.We run at Dickey lake which is about 5mi. from the house.We have a real short boating season.There is only the the two of us v-drivers here.Hope to meet all of you in June.Be safe and have great day.Flatrat # 2.

72 superlite
03-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey Western Wa, Flat Rat. So you know the old man huh? Do you have the Mandella that he swapped v-drives in last year? I have some home movies of the races back then, that I had tranfered to video. Would you like a copy? You might recognize some of the boats. I have an old Sanger that was one of dads race boats that I'm redoing, almost ready to paint. Hope to get dad to go to Banks Lake, but I don't know. Do you still talk to anybody else from Tahoma Drag and Ski. It would be neat to get a bunch of those guys together, at Banks. Rick

03-08-2003, 04:41 PM
72 superlite:
Hey Western Wa, Flat Rat. So you know the old man huh? Do you have the Mandella that he swapped v-drives in last year? I have some home movies of the races back then, that I had tranfered to video. Would you like a copy? You might recognize some of the boats. I have an old Sanger that was one of dads race boats that I'm redoing, almost ready to paint. Hope to get dad to go to Banks Lake, but I don't know. Do you still talk to anybody else from Tahoma Drag and Ski. It would be neat to get a bunch of those guys together, at Banks. Rick That boat isn't painted YET???? eek! eek! eek! :D

72 superlite
03-08-2003, 10:32 PM
No not yet, spent another 300.00 at the paint store today. Finally have all the materials, and we get the use of the paint booth next weekend. Last weekend we finished sanding the second coat of primer, and I got it back on the trailer. So if everything goes right next weekend she gets painted. If not, battleship grey might not be so bad. When its done I'll post pictures.

03-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Damn....you'd better post pics....this is like waiting for a child to be born, and I feel like an uncle :D :D