PDA

View Full Version : Hey saguaro Lake Guys

AzMandella
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Thinking about doing a trip to Bartlett lake and thought the jetters that hang at Saguaro might know a little about Bartlett.We're getting ready for our final major trip for the season and our regular place,Apache,is being lowered so much that we really don't want to go there so we are thinking of other places.I've been to bartlett but a long time ago.So,where are the best campgrounds and Places to hang there.Also we'll be ther fromthurs the 5th till Sun. the 8th if anyone want's to come play.

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Anybody?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I wish I could help but I havent been to bartlett since I was a kid in my fathers v-drive. So I couldnt begin to tell you. Im down for the trip though!! Maybe we can drag squirtchas ass out there too:D

GUGS102
09-19-2006, 09:29 AM
You'll have a good time. Not nearly as pretty as apache, not as big either. I too noticed that Apache is down last time I was there (just before labor day)
Never camped at Bartlett, just do day trips so some of the other guys can chime in. For my time and money and knowing I would be camping for a few days, I'd go to Canyon. If you are in Tucson, come up through Florence and head out apache trail. Nice trees, grass etc.
The Phx lakes are not much by comparison to Apache for camping. Canyon would be the closest.
We spent a week at Roosevelt before the labor day, water was glass all week. You definately have the right idea.
Gugs

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah Apache will be down about 60 ft by the time we would go.Their working on one of the dams.As far as Canyon goes I have been there many times but it's too small especialy on weekends when it fills up with lake lice.We go there on weekdays for test and tuning.And Roosevelt is on our list to fall back on if we don't go to Bartlett.I've been to Bartlett a long time ago but didn't know how much it has changed and want to check it out.

Jordy
09-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Apache is down 16' right now. Bartlett is only down 14 feet. Bartlett is great when it's down about 40' or so as all the sandy beaches and coves really get exposed.

460 jus getn it
09-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Apache is down 16' right now. Bartlett is only down 14 feet. Bartlett is great when it's down about 40' or so as all the sandy beaches and coves really get exposed.
Last time i was there(aug 4) i launched roght off the beach in sb cove. Im not sure about now since they have got pounded by some rain over the course of the last month.

james
09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey I just got off the phone with the Marina at Bartlett. They said the road is open.

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
I also looked at the SRP report and from what I see they are B.S.ing everyone.I know someone that was there last weekend and they say it's more like 30ft down.He said the boatramp in Burnt Corral is way out of the water and no beach left just mud.He said if he new the truth about how low it was he would never have gone.

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
What about Saguaro?Any good camping areas that are relatively easy to get to with travel trailers?

Hotfish
09-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Water level went up. We will be up there this weekend in SB Cove

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Water level went up. We will be up there this weekend in SB Cove
You might want to call the marina first.I just called them and they said they are letting 10 in a day out till it hits 50 ft low.

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
What about Saguaro?Any good camping areas that are relatively easy to get to with travel trailers?
not really any way to get a travel trailer to any beach at saguaro

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Thinking about doing a trip to Bartlett lake and thought the jetters that hang at Saguaro might know a little about Bartlett.We're getting ready for our final major trip for the season and our regular place,Apache,is being lowered so much that we really don't want to go there so we are thinking of other places.I've been to bartlett but a long time ago.So,where are the best campgrounds and Places to hang there.Also we'll be ther fromthurs the 5th till Sun. the 8th if anyone want's to come play.
i would go but i'm going to be in san diego that weekend for the steeler-charger game

Hotfish
09-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Apache they are dropping but not Bartlett.

AZKC
09-19-2006, 04:47 PM
You guys should fade to Roosevelt you'll be happier with the amount of space and the water will be better for the guys in flatties :skull:

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2006, 04:53 PM
You guys should fade to Roosevelt you'll be happier with the amount of space and the water will be better for the guys in flatties :skull:
Rossy is bad... horrible I tell ya... the water smells and it's rough.. stay away...
And you wouldn't want to go there since you wouldn't be able to camp down by the old marina boat ramp... which is right next to all that stinky water... :D

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Rossy is bad... horrible I tell ya... the water smells and it's rough.. stay away...
And you wouldn't want to go there since you wouldn't be able to camp down by the old marina boat ramp... which is right next to all that stinky water... :D
Ooooooooohhhhhh stay away! :rolleyes: Hey Sleek long time no talk.Actually we have Horsepasture on our list and most likely will go there.But just thought it would be cool to try something different. :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-19-2006, 05:58 PM
saguaro is full!!!!! 2 weeks ago there was no beach in the back! Last week the water kept rising but wasnt bad. That lake is too full!!!

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
saguaro is full!!!!! 2 weeks ago there was no beach in the back! Last week the water kept rising but wasnt bad. That lake is too full!!!
last tuesday the beach was ok.....got a couple games of shoes in...but the water was REALLY dirty.....i had a brown ring around my boat when i pulled it out of the water

67weimann
09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
So where you gonna end up at? I might be able to make it out. :crossx:

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 08:25 PM
So where you gonna end up at? I might be able to make it out. :crossx:
Right now it's between Horsepasture at Roosevelt and Bartlett.I have to talk to my buddies but if I have my way it would be Bartlett.I know it's not a lake that has many big boats and have heard about Bartlett being a hangout for jets and v-drives for a long time.Just havn't been there since I was 11 with my father and his v-drive.

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Right now it's between Horsepasture at Roosevelt and Bartlett.I have to talk to my buddies but if I have my way it would be Bartlett.I know it's not a lake that has many big boats and have heard about Bartlett being a hangout for jets and v-drives for a long time.Just havn't been there since I was 11 with my father and his v-drive.
i remember before i had my jet and going to bartlett.....ahhhhh....waking up to the sound of them boys racing by was great....it made me want one even more!!!

AzMandella
09-19-2006, 08:39 PM
i remember before i had my jet and going to bartlett.....ahhhhh....waking up to the sound of them boys racing by was great....it made me want one even more!!!
About the only other thing that give's me wood. :p

67weimann
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, if you're going to go to Bartlett, I could possibly make that. I'm wanting to go out on sat and wanna go somewhere I can cruise around without the big fockin rollers like unPleasant has...

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
About the only other thing that give's me wood. :p
lmao.....i glad i'm not the only onehttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/roflmao.gif

squirt'nmyload
09-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Well, if you're going to go to Bartlett, I could possibly make that. I'm wanting to go out on sat and wanna go somewhere I can cruise around without the big fockin rollers like unPleasant has...
hey 67....how's that boat running??????

Sleek-Jet
09-20-2006, 05:36 AM
Ooooooooohhhhhh stay away! :rolleyes: Hey Sleek long time no talk.Actually we have Horsepasture on our list and most likely will go there.But just thought it would be cool to try something different. :)
'Sup Marvin... Is Horsepasture dry again now?? It was under 20 - 30' of water at the beginning of the year.
You know though, if you could manage to get of the water, you could probably go to Apache and have the place to yourself, everyone is staying away that I talk to.

GUGS102
09-20-2006, 05:48 AM
'Sup Marvin... Is Horsepasture dry again now?? It was under 20 - 30' of water at the beginning of the year.
You know though, if you could manage to get of the water, you could probably go to Apache and have the place to yourself, everyone is staying away that I talk to.
I'll be at roosevelt this weekend and will report back.
Gugs

AzMandella
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah that's what I heard.I guess you can still launch at the Marina but all the coves and Burnt Corral is just mud.Also hear there are alot of rocks sticking out allover.

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
here are some pics from the beach at saguaro last tuesday.....http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00645.jpg
plenty of room for shoes
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00644.jpg
we were the only boats there
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00648.jpg
if you have any prop boats with you, watch out cause the sandbar is way out
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00647.jpg
sandbar http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00642.jpg
cruising!!!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
one more.....http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSC00641.jpg

AzMandella
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Well it's finalized.We will be at Bartlett Lake on the 5th of Oct. till the 8th.Anyone that wants to come out and play would be more than welcome.I'll have the yellow Mandella below in my sig.

67weimann
09-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Squirt'n...boat is running, still trying to get carb and timing dialed in. Looks like a good time out there at Saguaro. Man, I need to get out there with you some time. :crossx: I don't actually know any other jetters and have a lot to learn 'bout the sport. Just love to get out on the water in the tub...

67weimann
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
AzMandella...I'm in man. I'll come out and play.
Oct 5-8, is that date huh. Isn't the Classic Boat Regatta at Pleasant on the 7 of Oct? Hmm. I'd much rather go to Bartlett and avoid all the fockin rollers out there in Pleasant on the weekends. It is freakin ROUGH in the main body on the weekend.
Alright, so I'm going to plan on heading out there Fri afternoon. Save me a camp spot... :crossx:

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Squirt'n...boat is running, still trying to get carb and timing dialed in. Looks like a good time out there at Saguaro. Man, I need to get out there with you some time. :crossx: I don't actually know any other jetters and have a lot to learn 'bout the sport. Just love to get out on the water in the tub...
sounds good......at least your getting in some seat time!!!! http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/grin.gif

67weimann
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
lol...hey that's all that matters...Do you usually go out after work during the week or what?

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 07:10 PM
lol...hey that's all that matters...Do you usually go out after work during the week or what?
yep. i used to go out on mondays but havn't lately...i usually get a day off during the week when i gotta work on saturday so i usually go out then. now that the lakes are going to calm down a bit i'll be heading out more on weekends...i would go to bartlett with you guys but i'll be out of town http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/cry_smile.gif

67weimann
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey there's always next time. Maybe I'll know how to drive by then :) lol...
I can't wait for all the idiots to stop going. I've only been out a few times this year and every time I encounter some idiot that isn't paying attention to what the hell he's doing. :mad:

soupersonic
09-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Yea its horrible,last Saturday was really really bad :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3059IMG_0271.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3059IMG_0280.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3059IMG_0284.JPG

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey there's always next time. Maybe I'll know how to drive by then :) lol...
I can't wait for all the idiots to stop going. I've only been out a few times this year and every time I encounter some idiot that isn't paying attention to what the hell he's doing. :mad:
i had a lake lice coming head on last tuesday......i put up the rooster in case he didn't see me.....kept cominghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/00000036.gif...i finally slowed down, threw up a handhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/fyou2.gif and he crossed my path head on and passed between me and the shore which was 20 ft away( if that)...and he was haulin ass.

67weimann
09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
i had a lake lice coming head on last tuesday......i put up the rooster in case he didn't see me.....kept cominghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/00000036.gif....finally slowed down, threw up a handhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/fyou2.gif and crossed my path head on and passed between me and the shore which was 20 ft away( if that)...and he was haulin ass.
Yeah, that doesn't suprise me. Isn't that par for the course?

AzMandella
09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
AzMandella...I'm in man. I'll come out and play.
Oct 5-8, is that date huh. Isn't the Classic Boat Regatta at Pleasant on the 7 of Oct? Hmm. I'd much rather go to Bartlett and avoid all the fockin rollers out there in Pleasant on the weekends. It is freakin ROUGH in the main body on the weekend.
Alright, so I'm going to plan on heading out there Fri afternoon. Save me a camp spot... :crossx:Yeah I'll be leaving early Thurs. morning.Should be there no later than 8:00 am.I'll be looking for a nice sized area.My friends that are coming up Thurs evening have a 28' toyhauler for their lake lice.It has a black and white checkerboard patern on the side and awning.And I have a Lance camper with a white F250 superduty.

67weimann
09-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah I'll be leaving early Thurs. morning.Should be there no later than 8:00 am.I'll be looking for a nice sized area.My friends that are coming up Thurs evening have a 28' toyhauler for their lake lice.It has a black and white checkerboard patern on the side and awning.And I have a Lance camper with a white F250 superduty.
Yeah well, I'll have the row boat and a tent.

AzMandella
09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Cool.We'll keep an eye out for you.

67weimann
09-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Cool. I'll through a pic of my boat up so you know what to look for as soon as I get back to my computer where the pics are...
Man I need some new pics...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/Roll_me_over/000_0338.jpg

james
09-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey guys thought I would let you know I will be out at Bartlett on Monday. Anybody else gonna be there.

67weimann
09-23-2006, 05:25 PM
So what type of crowd should I expect? Family oriented, party, or just some laid back boaters?
It's all the same to me cuz I'll be at the lake :crossx:

Donttreadonme
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Not sure who I saw this weekend, but I camped next to a nice guy with what I can remember to be a yellow jet boat pulled by a lifted grey and blue suburban. Later, after I went to bed another guy pulled in with a blue Centurion pickle with matching trailer with hurricane rims pulled by another newer suburban and then another guy showed up with what I think was either a Miller or Rayson v-drive, it was maroon, his truck matched. Anyway I had the Maroon quad cab Dodge pick-up and my buddy was in the Expedition with the Super Air Nautique. Thanks for letting us camp next to you and hope you had a great weekend!

Some Kind Of Monster
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Well Saguaro is impossible to get to other than the launch ramps unless you have a very serious 4x4. There is no camping other than what you can pack in with your boat. I was just there last night and they are changing the way you buy a pass. Anyone know about that? You can't buy a pass at the lake anymore, you have to get one in town. Saguaro's water level rises and falls daily. I have had boats trapped there on dry land after the water fell overnight. It isn't fun pulling a cabin cruiser back into the water. Take my word for it. Anchor deep if you stay the night! The beach up the channel is a great place to chill. The lake is a nuthouse on the weekends in the summertime, but is calming down now.
Bartlett is probably my favorite local lake. It is infested with wakeboard boats, but the lake is long so it doesn't get stirred up as bad. When the water is low, the lake is a beach paradise with perfect sand to launch your boat anywhere, or park your boat anywhere. Being able to launch anywhere if you have a good truck keeps the boat launch a bit more sane. It's a bit of a drive out there for just about everyone, but well worth it.

OverKill
10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I will say the same thing Bartlett on a Monday is the best myself and my buddy were pretty much the only boats out there