PDA

View Full Version : How to smoke a pipe

Tom Brown
09-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I found this on a web site and thought I'd repost it here. Genius! :cool: (http://dorri732.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_dorri732_archive.html)
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/pipe.jpg
There comes a time in almost every man's life when he wants to try smoking a pipe. Most of us, however, have no one to turn to for advice.
If you find yourself in this situation, do not fret; there are plenty of resources available to you. If you happen to live near a tobacconist's shop (not very likely these days), stop in and have a chat. They will be able to help.
If, like most of us, you've never even seen a tobacconist, go to your local grocery store and buy yourself a corncob pipe. They don't last very long, but they only cost a few dollars and they smoke very well. Buy a small pouch of pipe tobacco; anything they have in the grocery store will be fine. This also will only cost a couple of dollars. Lastly get some pipe cleaners; these are utterly necessary. Your total investment should be less than ten dollars.
Pack the pipe loosely with the tobacco, stopping frequently to ensure you haven't packed it too tightly. It should be about like sucking on a straw.
When first lighting the pipe, lightly char the entire surface while drawing the flame into the bowl. When this is done, retamp the tobacco lightly and relight.
Do not smoke too aggressively or you will burn your tongue. It is perfectly acceptable to allow the pipe to go out and relight it several times. Just retamp and relight.
Enjoy!

centerhill condor
09-19-2006, 04:06 AM
time to fire up the briar!

Jbb
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Put that in your pipe and smoke it .....Brown... :p

Ifitsgotanengine
09-23-2006, 05:42 AM
I found this on a web site and thought I'd repost it here. Genius!
Thanks for the kind words, Tom. If any of you have any questions, (about pipe-smoking or anything automotive) I'll do my best to answer them.
Dorri
www.ifitsgotanengine.com