PDA

View Full Version : University of Spoiled CHILDREN crying again

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 04:07 PM
STOP YOUR CRYING YOU LITTLE BABIES
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Southern California formally complained that ABC-TV's Brent Musburger revealed privileged information in play-by-play commentary during Saturday's game against Nebraska.
The university sent a letter to ESPN, which oversees sports programming on ABC, saying Musburger, with less than 10 minutes to play and the Trojans leading 21-10, began describing how USC quarterback John David Booty lets receivers know he has spotted a certain kind of coverage.
ADVERTISEMENT
"John David told us that his signal when he finds one-on-one and they're coming, it's that 'hang loose,' that familiar sign you've seen surfers use," said Musburger, referring to the sign where the thumb and little finger are raised.
USC sports information director Tim Tessalone sent a formal complaint to ESPN/ABC game producer Bill Bonnell on Monday and sent a copy to the Pacific-10 conference office.
"We're supposed to be partners in this, but this is certainly going to make us think twice about trying to help them have as good a broadcast as possible," Tessalone said. "What he did was unconscionable."
Last Friday, announcers and producers met with coaches and star players as part of their game preparation. During the meeting, there was discussion about how a replay of the Ohio State-Texas broadcast showed Buckeyes quarterback Troy Smith tapping the top of his helmet to let receiver Ted Ginn Jr. know he's noticed one-on-one coverage.
Booty was asked if Southern California had a similar signal, and Booty told Musburger about his "hang loose" signal.
"We are very mindful of what we learn in pre-game meetings in terms in what is appropriate for broadcast and what is for our background. We're sorry this led to an unfortunate misunderstanding, which was never our intention," ESPN said in a statement released by spokesman Josh Krulewitz.
Musburger said in a statement late Monday that the network regretted the confusion.
Asked about Musburger's on-air revelations, USC coach Pete Carroll said with a laugh, "Just wondering what they're going to tell us next. I'm not worried about it. There's a million signals, a million ways to do it."

djunkie
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
You really do have a hard on for them don't you? I can't wait for them to kick UCLA's ass again. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Breaking news
UNIVERSITY MARKET having a sale on kleenex :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

djunkie
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Breaking news
UNIVERSITY MARKET having a sale on kleenex :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Get over it Kilr. Don't hate cause UCLA aint got shit for a team. LOL!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Get over it Kilr. Don't hate cause UCLA aint got shit for a team. LOL!!!!!!!!
This may be true, But I can get you front row free parking :boxed:

3 daytona`s
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
You really do have a hard on for them don't you? I can't wait for them to kick UCLA's ass again. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
He packs a squirt gun on each hip

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 04:20 PM
He packs a squirt gun on each hip
No that is between the hips :boxed:
I like your avatar until you get banned enjoy it

Desert Rat
09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
This may be true, But I can get you front row free parking :boxed:
It's open because NOBODY shows up to Fucla games...... :yuk:
Fight ON :crossx:

blown dough
Wow, by just reading the name of the thread I thought you talked to my hubby or something!!!!!!!

3 daytona`s
No that is between the hips :boxed:
I like your avatar until you get banned enjoy it
Good Line :) and I`m keeping my fingers crossed :wink:

THOR
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Actually, the hang loose sign means we are about to roll another crappy PAC 2 team.

Havasu1986
09-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Keith Jackson would have never brought it up on air. He said so on ESPN radio today.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Burnt Hamburger is just that. He sucks a$$ as an announcer! We all know I aint no $c fan but I don't blame them for complaining to ABC.....

Trailer Park Casanova
09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Burnt Hamburger is just that. He sucks a$$ as an announcer! We all know I aint no $c fan but I don't blame them for complaining to ABC.....
Every kind of Sports event I've been to where he was in the booth the fans have boo'd him since the stat of his broadcasting career.

Wavemaker
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Good old Brent "Mushmouth" Musberger shoots his mouth off again, trying fill air time with pointless, boring middle of the 4th quarter conversation after USC had already turned the CornHuskers into "creamed-corn." Does he ever discuss such things during any other football games when he is on the broadcast team? No. As Pete Carrol said "There's hundreds of signals and audibles we can use. No big deal." Fight On USC!
What "Mushmouth" said on-air was wrong as it was discussed in a pre-broadcast Production Meeting, held to assist the TV crew spot play activity. Apparently, Brent Musberger doesn't respect Professional Ethics and have respect for things discussed in confidence. How would he like it if he was quoted from an off-air meeting and his conversation is broadcast on Nationwide TV broadcast? What a jerk! What would your favorite football team's management say in similar circumstances? Who would be "crying" then?
At least Kieth Jackson spoke up and said he would have interrupted and cut-off Booty's response to Brent Musberger's question presented in the pregame production meeting. Kieth Jackson has class and professional ethics.
By the way, all of you USC haters out there, does you favorite football team have 28 consecutive home game wins? I didn't think so! Did your favorite college team start three freshmen last Saturday? No. There is amazing depth on USC's Football Team due to great recuiting. One hell of a great football program.
Bring on UCLA! See you at 5:00 P.M. 12/2/2006 at the Rose Bowl, Your home field. Where is UCLA ranked this week?
Wavemaker

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 10:42 PM
. One hell of a great football program.
Wavemaker
That is ALL they have going for them. a football program

BRSTQUEST
09-19-2006, 10:55 PM
I have to wave the white flag!!!!! UCLA wins, I just found out that Danica McKellar is a graduate of UCLA, class of '98......If you are not familiar with the name its "Whinnie" of the tv show "The Wonder Years." How can SC compete with this type of graduate!!!!!! (no offense to Ms. McKellar intended).
Oh and is just got the ESPN update that the UCLA chess team defeated Drake University in a real nail biter!!!!!

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I have to wave the white flag!!!!! UCLA wins, I just found out that Danica McKellar is a graduate of UCLA, class of '98......If you are not familiar with the name its "Whinnie" of the tv show "The Wonder Years." How can SC compete with this type of graduate!!!!!! (no offense to Ms. McKellar intended).
Oh and is just got the ESPN update that the UCLA chess team defeated Drake University in a real nail biter!!!!!
You just said it all, BRAINS... That is what SC is LACKING

BRSTQUEST
09-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Yah we all need more socially retarded people in the world.....Lets send our kids to different after school tutoring, school on saturday's and only let them play on the computer just so they can get 4.0 gpa's and get 1400 on the sat....College should teach you how to manage time, deal with the ever changing world and expose you to different ideas.....and hot chickshttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=43755&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
http://http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=43755&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=

Kilrtoy
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah it should teach you how to play football and kill people and get off, what else is there claim to fame, UMMMMMMM, yeah thats it football

BRSTQUEST
09-19-2006, 11:31 PM
YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT: Norman Schwarzkopf returned to the United States and earned a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Southern California.
kILR, HE WAS A GENERAL IN THE ARMY, HE WAS PAID TO KILL PEOPLE....

3 daytona`s
09-19-2006, 11:49 PM
YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT: Norman Schwarzkopf returned to the United States and earned a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Southern California.
A word of advise, just let KILRTOY have the last word.I feel just easier,and he really feels good then :) :rollside: :) :) :rollside: :)

Kilrtoy
09-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Everyone once in awhile one or two slip thru the cracks

Kilrtoy
09-20-2006, 12:14 AM
A word of advise, just let KILRTOY have the last word.I feel just easier,and he really feels good then :) :rollside: :) :) :rollside: :)
Yeah what my follower said,
DELAMINATOR SUCK :boxed: