PDA

View Full Version : Those damn tax breaks for the rich!!!!

bigq
09-19-2006, 08:02 PM
US Treasury Sets New 1-Day Tax Receipt Record Of $85.8 Billion
Tuesday September 19th, 2006 / 0h04
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. government recorded record-high overall and corporate tax receipts on Sept. 15, which was a quarterly deadline for tax payments, the Treasury said Monday.
Total tax receipts were $85.8 billion on Friday, compared with the previous one-day record of $71 billion on Sept. 15 of last year, the Treasury said.
Within the overall figure, corporate tax receipts Friday were $71.8 billion, up from $63 billion in September of last year.
Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance Randal Quarles said Friday's numbers provided a "continuing demonstration of the strength of the U.S. economy."
"In fact, Friday's gross receipts were the largest in a single day in the nation's history - 20% higher than receipts on the same quarterly tax payment date last year," Quarles said in a statement.
More money for and from business, means more people to work, employess spend more....hey lets f*#k it up and raise the taxes on those rich bastards!! :rolleyes:

QuickJet
09-19-2006, 08:07 PM
ha ha ha.....no shitt huh? The left loves to redistribute the wealth rather then let the private sector do it.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Got married, threw us into a big tax sur-charge.
So let me get this straight:
Ya work harder to earn more,, so ya have to pay more tax's.
???

SmokinLowriderSS
09-20-2006, 04:32 AM
Got married, threw us into a big tax sur-charge.
So let me get this straight:
Ya work harder to earn more,, so ya have to pay more tax's.
???
Yep, that's how some people LIKE it to work, you greedy, selfish, walk-on-the-little-people, bastahhhd you. :crossx:

NashvilleBound
09-20-2006, 01:57 PM
More money for and from business, means more people to work, employess spend more....hey lets f*#k it up and raise the taxes on those rich bastards!! :rolleyes:
Im thinking I don't like that idea........ I still say the sales tax is the way to go....so everyone pays in.....

centerhill condor
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
what he said...no income tax in TN so even the poor have to pay! I still think we could tax poverty out of existence if we worked at it hard enough!

CARLSON-JET
09-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Poor corps being taxed. :cry: This is quarterly projected payments. NOT after they get all of the depreciation and writeoffs. The American public pays the bulk of the US treasury reciepts as noted here. still getting bent over (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-deficit9jul09,1,5735320.story?coll=la-headlines-nation)
"Individual tax payments, which make up the bulk of the government's tax revenue, total an estimated $791 billion so far this year, up about 14.1%, the Congressional Budget Office said."
Corporate figures also incude profits realized from overseas production which means less US jobs.
I don't know why, but neither side of this coin makes me feel any better.

centerhill condor
09-24-2006, 04:07 AM
corporations don't pay taxes...they simply pass them along to the consumer.