How does this effect the ride doing both or should I just install
the shoe/ride plate? I'm mostly going to be hauling down the
delta in Norcal bar hopping, but will be doing the occasional
ski/tubing thing. It will also be visiting the large lakes in the
foothills, so what do you guys think?? The boat also has a place
diverter & it's a 18'. Thanks....

flat broke
09-20-2006, 06:56 AM
If you're mainly going to use the boat for bar hopping and pulling tubers, save the money for beer, gas, and a DUI attorney. The rideplate and shoe will add some adjustability to things, but unless you're willing to spend time dialing it in, it's pointless. Add to that the fact that with stock power, your results are not going to be as dramatic as those posted in HB. If the article you're talking about was a Rogers, that boat had around 735HP between the stringers and ultimately ran over 100 at the drags with around 1000hp. A far cry from a water taxi for booze cruising.
Chris

Nucking futs
09-20-2006, 07:56 AM
save the money for beer, gas, and a DUI attorney.
Could'nt have said it better myself.
No need for ride plate shoe or even a set back with stock power. to many people think they are going to gain mph with that alone. Won't happen and it will affect the handeling of the boat as well. just my opinion...... :)

KonaJet74
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor right
now also. I'm looking at approx. 550hp w/ a
Ls6 454. So, pretty much, it doesn't really help
or is noticeable unless it's pretty much for drags
or high speed runs all the time? Would my best bet
be a UWRing & a different loader scoop? It currently
has a "A" impeller & stock rock grate. Thanks for all
the info!!!!

Nucking futs
09-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Pump blueprint and a good loader will help tons. Spend the rest of the money on having a good time.
You probably have some of hook in the bottom and even if you did all of the intake and setback you might notice a minimal amount of change for the money and time spent,but like I said it is just my opinion.
I have ride plate,shoe,place diverter blaw blaw blaw and its more of a pain in my ass to try and dial the set up to perfection being I only run the river and not the track and im only out to have a good time. its in a heavy 20' cruiser with about 600 HP and I like to run in the choppy water anyways.