PDA

View Full Version : Results from Red Bluff drags

RaysonKid
05-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Greg Tedesco won TFH
Ted Faggart won TAH
Johnny Heidelman won BAF
Our own Guru made it to the semi's against the Nightmare boat. But Tony got out of shape and had to lift to get it settled down.
He is running some awesome numbers.
Go Tony...

Sangster
05-26-2003, 06:32 AM
How about Todd Ellinston..Did he get Qualified in his new boat...Blown Alcohol Hydro..
:cool:
Did Darrin Christle run.. :confused:

Kindsvater Flat
05-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Enough of the big money boys...Lets get down to our level. Who won the RR class?

RaysonKid
05-26-2003, 07:02 AM
Sangster,
I didnt see any thing about Todd Elingston.
(It was a 6 boat field in BAH.)
And Braaksma had flown Hipwell out to drive the Madness boat.
Not sure whats up with Darrin.
Madness broke a v-drive and couldnt replace it.
After the first round.
KindsvaterFlat,
I am getting the results from Dragboatracing.com
Wish I had been down there. But not this year.
I havent read any results on the RR class.
[ May 26, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: RaysonKid ]

cal***boat
05-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Sangster:
How about Todd Ellinston..Did he get Qualified in his new boat...Blown Alcohol Hydro..
:cool:
Did Darrin Christle run.. :confused: Sangster----> Meet Todd on sat. and he got all lic. passes done for IHBA and Sunday first round he got to put his foot in it all the way for the first time and bkoke out of his class. If i remember right he ran a 7.98 which was way to quick for the 9.00 second class he was in.
Darrin was there with Quickshot but never got a chance to see him run because he was in the 8.00 sec PE class with us and i was stuck in the tow rig at the out ramp when they were running.
As for us we quailfied with a 8.14 on sat and in the first round on sunday we got a bye run.
We didn't change the tune up from sat and had a problem with building to much power sunday morning and broke out with a 7.604 @ 156 mph.
IHBA DQ'ed us because of the 7.70 rule on race day. We were pissed but that the rules. burningm Iceman Racing
http://www.dragboats.com/gallery/images/02_05_IHBA_2009_798.jpg

Sangster
05-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks for passin' that info along Dave....Sounds like you guys are haveing way to much fun....... :D

Heatseeker
05-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
Enough of the big money boys...Lets get down to our level. Who won the RR class? The RR winner was a guy out of Arizona named Ron Baker in a boat named Topless!. He runs a 78 Elim powered by a 460/Berk. He also won at the World Finals last season(in an old Kona!) and at Lakefest this year.
He and his crew camped next to us at the fairgrounds.

cal***boat
05-26-2003, 01:23 PM
Sangster:
Thanks for passin' that info along Dave....Sounds like you guys are haveing way to much fun....... :D Yea we did have alot of fun till sunday morn with the big DQ. We just have too much engine for the PE class and it's hard to de-tune it.
We always kick youselfs when we go to fast, it looks like we are going with pro-mod as soon as we can find a deal on a capsled hydro.

Quickshot
05-26-2003, 02:00 PM
:) Had a "GREAT TIME " at the races, not to interested in running the 8 sec. class ,,ok didnt have a 8 sec, tune up so we stuck to what i know ,,,club-in and going fast we put a great tune up back in her on sunday ,figured if i was going to lose we were going to put some 6;s on the clock but broke the dogs about half track ,and had a great time at show and shine bunch a great looking boats ,,,also saw and even spoke to Tony Scarlata, and other GREATS like him and the MADNESS had there old driver back, Hippwell,, thought i did a great job i Az. but too much "creatisisum" is what i call it ,so i quit, was a great ride and a great bunch of guys P/S thanks again T.S. Fri/sat off the hook QUICKSHOT

Sangster
05-26-2003, 03:09 PM
"also saw and even spoke to Tony Scarlata"
That would be so COOL, He's my IDOL..... smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

Kindsvater Flat
05-26-2003, 03:25 PM
There are a few new videos over at our site.

Sangster
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
There are a few new videos over at our site. Hey Mike...Looks like you gave me the Boot..Says I cant access your site..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
BTW ...Hows that Head Job coming along...... eek! eek!
[ May 26, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

waterloged
05-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Hay there Sangster, Yes Todd was there and the second pass ever he ran a 7.95 @ 139. I thought that was real good. He didn't think that was his time slip when he seen it.

cal***boat
05-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Waterloged----> It was great to meet you and Todd, We have to hook up at CFW on Fathers Day. I should be with Lowater & BillyB and the rest of the SoCal guys if everything goes as planned.
How was your stay at the CRYSTAL MOTEL ????
I was up in 129, Nice dive for the price. LOL

Kindsvater Flat
05-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Sangster:
Kindsvater Flat:
There are a few new videos over at our site. Hey Mike...Looks like you gave me the Boot..Says I cant access your site..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
BTW ...Hows that Head Job coming along...... eek! eek! WTF.. Click on Rick's Videos (http://www.dragboatrace.com)

Sangster
05-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok...its working now....

Bad Meds
05-27-2003, 05:32 AM
Hey guys, just an FYI about RR class, Toppless is Travis's old Daytona that is out of AZ now.
Races were alot of fun. Nice seeing you Kinsvator Flat and Her454. I was trying to help Bill R. and things were not going very smooth so sorry I wasn't very social.

LeE ss13
05-27-2003, 05:46 AM
Did SSRA run their Cicle program ??? If so, any results?

uclahater
05-27-2003, 07:37 AM
SSRA RESULTS:
Total weekend winners
1st Ty Newton #70
2nd Jeff Brochauser #68
3rd Dave Bryant #91
Dennis Rankin won Sundays Main I dont know if he's one a main before, but he drove a great race at it was great to see him get one. smile_sp smile_sp :cool: :cool:

126driver
05-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Hater - check your PM's.

voodooCanoe
05-27-2003, 09:52 AM
The boy's from the CDBA did well this weekend.
Mike Brown won 2nd chance
Lynn Cortner took the 8's with a 8.00 final pass.
Jay Brookhart won Pro Mod
Jonny Heideman won TAF
Good job guys!!!!

Sangster
05-27-2003, 09:57 AM
How did the Greg Gilday / Anger Managment P/M boat run....

TAF 535
05-27-2003, 10:37 AM
TAF 535 Kevin and I would like to thank all of our sponsors that made it possible for us to make Red Bluff, Bay Area Hose And Fittings,
Benson Ferry Winery, Canyon Boats,
Canyon Speed and Marine,CL Bryant Racing Fuels, DPT Propellers, Jackson Racing,
Ken Kramer Vineyards, Mr. Trucker Inc.,
Pine Auto Supply,Ron Grose Racing , Vaz bros.Warehouse,
Special Thanks to, Driver Tony Scarlata, For his awesome driving ability,
Rick Jackson, For the most excellent motor, Our crew, Psycho Bob, Joey, Ron, Anthony, Gazoo, Wendy, Lisa, Carrie, Mikie, Bret, and All the Race fans For all the support.
Congratulations to the Nightmare crew, and a special thanks for letting us use Anything we did not have with us.
Thank You to Ken Singleton for providing a Sleeve puller so we could make it back for the next round.

voodooCanoe
05-27-2003, 11:27 AM
TAF535- congrats on a good weekend. You guys were
runnin' the #'s. Very impressive boat!!!

Unchained
05-28-2003, 07:48 AM
I want to hear the results of how the "driverless" boat did.

Jetboatguru
05-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Johnny Heidemann did an incredible job. I have raced him twice this year and have beaten him once. In our first race he cut an .016 light to my .04
In the second race he cut an .014 light to my .03
In the final he cut another .010 light to beat Singleton. That is good clean livin right there.
Nicest group of people to race against you will ever meet.
Congrats to the Nightmare Team.

voodooCanoe
05-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Unchained- by "driverless" boat I assume you mean the 8.0 second boat that pitched the driver at the start and didn't have the kill switch hooked!
If so, he went on to win the class with a 8.00 pass in the final. That was Lynn Cortner. Great driver and team. Was a brain fart after he had to get up and unhook himself on the line to fix something and forgot to hook back up. They worked hard to fix a hole in the front of the boat, a broken mount and repair a hole in the fuel tank!
It was a great effort and was nice to see them win

126driver
05-28-2003, 03:34 PM
If he unhooked the kill switch, how did the boat start? Must have unhooked the laynard from his jacket.

TAF 535
05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
We Would also like to thank Todd Plate for the use of his racepak and Todd Haas for the use of his hauler.