PDA

View Full Version : Finally, an original idea.......

Kachina26
09-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I don't know if it came from you know who....................
Alright, I get it folks, I get it. I am ready to speak. I am ready to lead. I have been saying for a long time now that America faces a crisis. We are watching our place in the world decline. We are no longer an exporting nation, we are importing more and more from nations who may not want to see us prosper long term.
American prestige continues to suffer. Our children are woefully far behind in the race for scholastic excellence. Our image has been muddled by some controversial foreign policy. Rogue nations stand defiantly in our face and spit insults, emboldened by a once powerful giant seemingly emasculated by 19 men with box cutters on 9-11-01.
We need to re-establish our dominance, just like we needed to do that in the late 60's when our rivals were beating us in space. We need to give Americans a reason to thump their chests again, as well as give our enemies a reason to tremble in our presence.
To do this, we need to show the world that America is still a place where big ideas are thought, and where nothing is impossible. We need to do something that everyone has always wanted to do, but that no one has ever dreamed truly possible.
I propose that America, in partnership with private industry, boldly goes where others have only dreamed. I am saying that now is the time for us to claim our destiny and to finish a journey that EVERY KID everywhere in the world has once set out upon, only to abandon in a few hours when the streetlights came on. By now, it should be obvious where I am going with this.
We need to dig a giant hole, straight down into the ground and go all the way through to China. It is our only hope.
There are the naysayers who talk about a "molten core of lava" and things like "the incredible pressure of the Earth's inner core", who are, in my opinion, cowards. These people would rather think of 100 reasons why it can't be done than take 1 step towards doing it. We don't need the traitors of the anti-hole movement. They seem to forget that it is our hole digging spirit that has given them the freedom to stand here and whine about how it won't work. They can criticize all they want and talk about how it won't work, and I am willing to dig holes to defend their freedom to do so, but I would encourage all REAL Americans to ignore their pessimistic prognostications.
This is a call to arms that transcends party lines, because neither party is talking about it. You'll notice that it has never appeared in a State of the Union address, or in any party's response to a State of the Union. How is that possible? How is it that something that every child has dreamt of doing has never made its way into our national discourse? It has never been discussed because both parties are dodging the issue, and distracting us with trivial things like alternative energy solutions and budget reform initiatives.
I say, NO MORE! I am using this forum to announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States of America! I will no doubt take lots of arrows from the left and the right, but I urge you, the people, to stay focused on my message: we need to dig a hole to China, and we need to do it NOW!
It's time for America to dream again, and to lead the way.

deltaAce
09-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Yea but...........wouldn't that just provide another means of entry by illegal aliens, another gate to guard. And what about tunnel piraites? :rollside:

Old Texan
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I think someone has perhaps gotten an order of bad mushrooms............ :rolleyes:

Her454
09-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Kachina, I hate to rain on your parade but it can't be done.
As an inspired, curious, rebellious child in the late 60's, my brother and I attempted this journey. Only to be sadly dissapointed by the flow of water under the earth, carried through pipes - shortly after out departure.
Broke the pipes with the shovel in our determination and it got me one of the worst ass kickin's of my entire life. :cry: :rollside:
Just tryin to save ya'll some hurt. :rollside:

Kachina26
09-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, don't get on me about this! It's not my idea! Pehaps you should email the author if you have issues with the article. (That's what Blown says, right?) I just came across this and figured hey, why not share it with the sheeple on HB?
Kachina gets tossed in first cuz we don't want him to breed and make anymore that think the way he does What's wrong with my thinkin' ? It was good enough to get me booted from the rail forums :cry:

Her454
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, don't get on me about this! It's not my idea! Pehaps you should email the author if you have issues with the article. (That's what Blown says, right?) I just came across this and figured hey, why not share it with the sheeple on HB?
Rio, blow me :D j/k
Kachina, its ok. You shouldn't be so sensitive. Face your fears and stand up for what you believe. Don't let this group of yahoo's make you deny your own writings. I think it was very noble idea...... ;)
BTW, Blown is my soulmate so leave him alone. :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Yea but...........wouldn't that just provide another means of entry by illegal aliens, another gate to guard. And what about tunnel piraites? :rollside:
A definite concern, BUT, the Chinese have generally obeyed our entry laws. At least they did back when we needed railroads built and laundromats manned. :p

Kachina26
09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
BTW, Blown is my soulmate so leave him alone. :rollside:
I was pretty sure Blown wrote this.

Her454
09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I was pretty sure Blown wrote this.
C'mon Kachina, he lives in WisconSIN. The ground is always too damn cold to dig anywhere, much less China. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
BTW Delta, WTH is a Piraite? :rollside: Is that a desert critter ?

deltaAce
09-21-2006, 08:23 PM
BTW Delta, WTH is a Piraite? :rollside: Is that a desert critter ?
at sea, "Shiver me timbers........underground, "Shiver me ore.....aarrrrr

Kachina26
09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachina26
Rio, blow me j/k "
BLOW ME ! :eek: You lil Engineer Bill wannabe! Anyone that gits booted offin the rail forums definately a sicko. Those ol' boys are a bunch of whiney-assed perverts over there!lol Whaddya do? Threaten to tell their mama's they're talkin dirty again.
How's the new job lookin? You learn to drive the train yet?
Thanks for quotin him T. Now I gotta go over to the Rail Forum and start some chit! lol.
Rio-> don't swing that way, HONEY! :crossx:
I love the new job!!!! I run trains, but only with a remote in my hand. They banned me because I said "Tookie is dookie" the day that California put that POS down. Somehow that was construed (sp) as a racist comment :confused: I've also been called a racist for having the same views on illegal immigration as you. Except I haven't said anything nearly as harsh as your sig line (not that I don't have those feelings). They also hate me because I spend my money on investments and fun. I don't quite know what they do with theirs, but they're always crying broke.
:cry: I did get reinstated after coming back over and over with several different IP's. I try to keep a low profile now, but it's hard. They are just so different politically than me. So do you post over there? Or are you just a foamer lurking in the background?