PDA

View Full Version : I love her but my family doesn't

Boozer
09-21-2006, 12:02 PM
So a while back I met this woman that has changed the way I feel about everything. She's smart, funny, and drop dead gorgeous. Prior to meeting her I really didn't think to highly of most women, I seen them more as sexual objects then anything else. Today I see them in a total different light thanks to this amazing woman.
I love her. I love this woman so much I plan to trade in my little black book for an engagement ring and ask her to be my wife. Her family is amazing, she is amazing, and she makes me feel amazing. No woman has ever before made me feel this way and I really can't think of anything more I could ever want or ask for.
Unfortunately my family doesn't feel the same about her. For whatever reason my family doesn't like her and wont even give her a chance. I've now taken her to a couple family functions and my family is very distant towards her, they barely even acknowledge her presence let alone try to talk to her to find out who she is and what she is all about. Obviously this makes her very uncomfortable and could ultimately pull me away from my family because they are not respecting my decision and they are not showing any respect to this woman that I love with all of my heart.
What should I do? I have never liked my brothers gf's and especially don't like his current gf (soon to be wife), we have had multiple disagreements and when she is outwitted she becomes very agressive to the point of throwing things at me, calling me bad names, and even sometimes saying racial remarks to me. Despite all of the bs I respect my brothers decision to be with her and show her as much respect as possible. Now that I have a woman I love I feel that it is only fair that my family show the same respect for my woman. Not to mention my woman would NEVER ever attack one of my family members or disrespect them in anyway, she has to much class for that.
What would you do? Obviously I'm going to be with her despite the way others may feel because she makes me happy. But I just don't know how to address this family situation. My family is on the verge of putting me into a situation where I have to choose her or them. Being that they are the ones putting me into a situation that they should never put me into I will choose her, but I'd like to figure out how to find some sort of happy median before taking such extreme measures.

Liberator TJ1984
09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
To make Boozer Happy :)
and do whatever it takes to make it happen , Lifes too short to try and accommadate every one else . You 2 hook up and make the best of YOUR LIVES..... :rollside:

CBadDad
09-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I was in a simular situation about twenty years ago. I did what you are leaning towards and ended up marrying her. My father didn't even come to the wedding because she didn't have any "soul" (he's an old surfer from the '60's).
Have you ever thought that your family and friends are seeing something that you are not? Take your time and think things through before you make any rash decisions. FOREVER is a long time and if it is meant to be, she'll still be there.
Fast forward twenty years later. I am now divorced with three cool kids who had to suffer through five tuff years while there knothead parents figured things out. I lost a lot in the divorce to settle things down for the kids. I still feel sorry for them, because they have to deal with her regularly (unfortunately, so do I) and she is a total whack job.
Be careful. Take you time. Deciding to spend the rest of your life with someone while dividing your family is gonna be difficult at best. I don't thin there is any right answer for you. Only you can decide how you want to spend your life. Best of luck.

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 12:16 PM
My sib's have a problem with my wife. It has gone on for 14 years. To those who know my wife, it tells you how fuked my brother and sister are.
Good luck, Boozer!
Mark

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 12:18 PM
What should I do?
I recommend you marry her and let her take care of all financial matters.

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
My sib's have a problem with my wife.
WTF? :confused:

dicudmore
09-21-2006, 12:20 PM
My sib's have a problem with my wife. It has gone on for 14 years. To those who know my wife, it tells you how fuked my brother and sister are.
Good luck, Boozer!
Mark
no doubt about that! hell she's golden, she puts up with you :cool:

Her454
You are slipping Brown. Took you 16 minutes for that. How dare you keep us waiting. :rollside:

h2oski2fast
I was in a simular situation about twenty years ago. I did what you are leaning towards and ended up marrying her. My father didn't even come to the wedding because she didn't have any "soul" (he's an old surfer from the '60's).
Have you ever thought that your family and friends are seeing something that you are not? Take your time and think things through before you make any rash decisions. FOREVER is a long time and if it is meant to be, she'll still be there.
Fast forward twenty years later. I am now divorced with three cool kids who had to suffer through five tuff years while there knothead parents figured things out. I lost a lot in the divorce to settle things down for the kids. I still feel sorry for them, because they have to deal with her regularly (unfortunately, so do I) and she is a total whack job.
Be careful. Take you time. Deciding to spend the rest of your life with someone while dividing your family is gonna be difficult at best. I don't thin there is any right answer for you. Only you can decide how you want to spend your life. Best of luck.
I couldn't have said it better!!!

Wizard29
This thread is worthless without pics.
Do what makes you happy. My wife and my Mom don't get along very well. They used to until our wedding.
In any case, she's your decision and what makes you happy in your life. That's what's important. Short of her being a mass murderer or total psycho, if your family can't be supportive of your choice, then shame on them. They'll probably come around eventually.

Boozer
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Good luck, Boozer!
Mark
Thanks Mark. I have met Denise several times and had some good discussions with her. Your brother and sister are definitely fuked because Denise is an awesome woman and a great mother.

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks Mark. I have met Denise several times and had some good discussions with her. Your brother and sister are definitely fuked because Denise is an awesome woman and a great mother.
Yes she is! Thank you for that!
This thread might just get me LAID!!! :crossx: Well, unless Denise reads this post..:D

Tequila-John
09-21-2006, 12:25 PM
do what your heart says to do

pixilatedpussy
09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
So a while back I met this woman that has changed the way I feel about everything. She's smart, funny, and drop dead gorgeous. Prior to meeting her I really didn't think to highly of most women, I seen them more as sexual objects then anything else. Today I see them in a total different light thanks to this amazing woman.
I love her. I love this woman so much I plan to trade in my little black book for an engagement ring and ask her to be my wife. Her family is amazing, she is amazing, and she makes me feel amazing. No woman has ever before made me feel this way and I really can't think of anything more I could ever want or ask for.
Unfortunately my family doesn't feel the same about her. For whatever reason my family doesn't like her and wont even give her a chance. I've now taken her to a couple family functions and my family is very distant towards her, they barely even acknowledge her presence let alone try to talk to her to find out who she is and what she is all about. Obviously this makes her very uncomfortable and could ultimately pull me away from my family because they are not respecting my decision and they are not showing any respect to this woman that I love with all of my heart.
What should I do? I have never liked my brothers gf's and especially don't like his current gf (soon to be wife), we have had multiple disagreements and when she is outwitted she becomes very agressive to the point of throwing things at me, calling me bad names, and even sometimes saying racial remarks to me. Despite all of the bs I respect my brothers decision to be with her and show her as much respect as possible. Now that I have a woman I love I feel that it is only fair that my family show the same respect for my woman. Not to mention my woman would NEVER ever attack one of my family members or disrespect them in anyway, she has to much class for that.
What would you do? Obviously I'm going to be with her despite the way others may feel because she makes me happy. But I just don't know how to address this family situation. My family is on the verge of putting me into a situation where I have to choose her or them. Being that they are the ones putting me into a situation that they should never put me into I will choose her, but I'd like to figure out how to find some sort of happy median before taking such extreme measures.
I am sorry to say this................but your family sucks!! Do what makes you feel happy! If she is the world to you...then too bad so sad for your family!
I speak from experience....I am not my husbands family favorite.........but HE IS MY SOUL MATE! He is my best friend...lover & confident! I know he feels the same, because he has told his family several times ( especially his sister...) that if they dont like it...they need to not be part of his life. Guess what....sad to say, his sis & him lost their friendship & now just see eachother on holidays ( she lives 10 mins down the road) :rolleyes: & his parents appreciate our love for oneanother.
This is your life...not theirs...do what is best for you! Good luck hunny........................by the way.........we have been happily married for 11 1/2 years ...2 lovely boys.....2 houses...2 dogs...2 cats...several motorcycles & sand toys....& boat! ( Guess life isnt so bad :) )

topless
09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Boozer, do what makes you happy. Go smoke a big fat bowl and do a litttle witing about your feelings in a journal. Everything will be clear in the morning.
Hope this helps. :)
Ali

djunkie
09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Good luck, Boozer!
Mark
They probably hate her cause you guys have such a great marriage. Their probably jealous. And I don't know how anyone could not like her. :rollside:

plaster dave
09-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Amen I totally agree with you.

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Pound the hell out of her ass prior to every family gathering. That way, when people are reluctant to approach, you can tell her it's probably the pungent musky scent.

Boozer
09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Boozer, do what makes you happy. Go smoke a big fat bowl and do a litttle witing about your feelings in a journal. Everything will be clear in the morning.
Hope this helps. :)
Ali
I gave up the ganja. But the journal part might be a good idea. Thanks.

Her454
09-21-2006, 12:35 PM
No wonder Topless and Tom Brown are soulmates. :)

VanDeano
09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Listen to your family....pussy be making u crazy.

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
You need to do whatever makes you happy. My mom tired to talk me out of getting married. Almost 12 years later, I think she was wrong. :)
OG--What is wrong with your brother and sister???? Nise is awesome. We just love her.

Froggystyle
09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
You get to choose your wife... not your family.

topless
09-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I gave up the ganja.
But Boozer, I might be able to get you some for medicinal purposes only.

MsDrmr
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
There is a saying that goes like this " a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home, they shall travel on to where the two shall be as one."
what that means in a nutshell, is when you two marry, she is to be your family. If you love her, and your family loves you, they will accept her. And if not, then you will at least be happy having the woman you love with you through life.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
That is what is supposed to happen....isn't always the case
There is a saying that goes like this " a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home, they shall travel on to where the two shall be as one."
what that means in a nutshell, is when you two marry, she is to be your family. If you love her, and your family loves you, they will accept her. And if not, then you will at least be happy having the woman you love with you through life.

djunkie
09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
In a perfect world. :rolleyes: :rollside:

ratso
09-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Ha Ha... makes for a nice fairy tale though lol... :D
Don't get married Boozer...you will end up divorced unless you totally disown your family for her...and then it will probably still end.

Boozer
09-21-2006, 12:52 PM
But Boozer, I might be able to get you some for medicinal purposes only.
What would Jesus do? :confused:

topless
09-21-2006, 12:54 PM
What would Jesus do? :confused:He would feed 5000 men with a fish and a loaf of bread.

Bradman
09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
If your family is not willing to tell you what their issues are, oh well...Go marry what sounds like to be a beautiful women.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 12:57 PM
You get to choose your wife... not your family.
You get to choose everyone in your life but your family.
Brian

NOTALENT
09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Do what makes you happy bro, if your family loves you they will eventually come around and accept it. They may just be making a fuss prior so that you dont marry her (fow whatever there reasons are). At this point they see they have a chance to change your mind. Afterwards they will have no choice and will know truly where your heart is. They then will be left with the decision knowing that there 2cents doesnt matter anymore.
Good Luck.

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Momma knows best, do as your told!!!! :)
Laughs

Her454
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll pray you make the right decision Boozer :rollside: :crossx:

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
He would feed 5000 men with a fish and a loaf of bread.
Something tells me, the King of Kings could do better than a tuna fish on rye if he really wanted to. :idea:

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 01:09 PM
How old is she

topless
09-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll pray you make the right decision Boozer :rollside: :crossx:
You are such a Saint. :)

topless
09-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Something tells me, the King of Kings could do better than a tuna fish on rye if he really wanted to. :idea:He was a very humble man.

Her454
09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
You are such a Saint. :)
***boat made me that way. I even pray for YOU at times..................

gramps
09-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Make yourself happy. SCREW EVERYBODY else. Life is too short.

SummitKarl
09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
and a wonderful Mistress :supp: :D :D

v-drive
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
You can't live your life for your parents and siblings and they will not live theirs for you. Make your own family and and when they see how good she is to you they will (should) change their minds. Go for it...v-drive

ratso
09-21-2006, 01:39 PM
How old is she
That should be "How GOOD is she?"
Apparently damn good...

Her454
09-21-2006, 01:39 PM
That should be "How GOOD is she?"
Apparently damn good...
Good enough to make him put the peyote pipe down for awhile. :rollside:

ratso
09-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Good enough to make him put the peyote pipe down for awhile. :rollside:
You mean he's doing this shit with a CLEAR HEAD???!!!

Ziggy
09-21-2006, 01:41 PM
How old is she
I was gonna ask how old Boozer is?
Family will see things the love birds do not....case in point with his own brother, Boozer see's his bro's girl in a different light.....change shoes and the roles have been reversed.
I'm not suggesting that Boozies girl is good or bad.........Bottom line is he has to make or break his own relationship choices.
Maybe Boozer expects his family to fall instantly in love with her like he did and they are just seeing whats going on, but his interpretation is they don't like her...
Have you asked your parents point blank what they think or are you assuming what they think???? Might be a good place to start.
Call Dr. Ruth and see what she says...........I've had one bad marraige and one fantastic ongoing one, I haven't a clue, just lucky. :D

lucky
09-21-2006, 01:48 PM
sounds like Marriage #2 for me !!!!!! In the terms my family hated her - Then my Friends hated her - - Dam that ass ! The best possiable advice ( being a redneck at heart and agreeing with Ratso ON most of his POSTS ) have a big ol Family Party - invite all the ingrates , rebels , drunks and fat ass nosey aunts - serve them a shity dinner - and cheap liqure - afterwards start serving the "good stuff " and let them fockers bitch whine , and complain into a family BRawall ---- Once they Get all their Arrgessions out and get bailed out of the Hooosecal - they may start to like each other -- " do you rember when you kicked aunt edna in da ass - when that fat bitch took the last chicken wing , not that they where any good do to that cheap ass uncle Boozer " lmao -- ohh by the way - make sure you on the upper deck watching the brawling and put your money on the Nicest , politest - smallest cousing -- that's the one that is going to fock some shit up ? any ways thats how we roll .......

lucky
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
sounds like Marriage #2 for me !!!!!! In the terms my family hated her - Then my Friends hated her - - Dam that ass ! The best possiable advice ( being a redneck at heart and agreeing with Ratso ON most of his POSTS ) have a big ol Family Party - invite all the ingrates , rebels , drunks and fat ass nosey aunts - serve them a shity dinner - and cheap liqure - afterwards start serving the "good stuff " and let them fockers bitch whine , and complain into a family BRawall ---- Once they Get all their Arrgessions out and get bailed out of the Hooosecal - they may start to like each other -- " do you rember when you kicked aunt edna in da ass - when that fat bitch took the last chicken wing , not that they where any good do to that cheap ass uncle Boozer " lmao -- ohh by the way - make sure you on the upper deck watching the brawling and put your money on the Nicest , politest - smallest cousin -- that's the one that is going to fock some shit up ? any ways thats how we roll .......

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Boozer is around 25ish

Biglue
09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
sounds like Marriage #2 for me !!!!!! In the terms my family hated her - Then my Friends hated her - - Dam that ass ! The best possiable advice ( being a redneck at heart and agreeing with Ratso ON most of his POSTS ) have a big ol Family Party - invite all the ingrates , rebels , drunks and fat ass nosey aunts - serve them a shity dinner - and cheap liqure - afterwards start serving the "good stuff " and let them fockers bitch whine , and complain into a family BRawall ---- Once they Get all their Arrgessions out and get bailed out of the Hooosecal - they may start to like each other -- " do you rember when you kicked aunt edna in da ass - when that fat bitch took the last chicken wing , not that they where any good do to that cheap ass uncle Boozer " lmao -- ohh by the way - make sure you on the upper deck watching the brawling and put your money on the Nicest , politest - smallest cousing -- that's the one that is going to fock some shit up ? any ways thats how we roll .......
LMFAO.......Dr. Lucky and shit.

Rexone
09-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Well there you have it. :)
I wonder where Guest 10 is when you need him. :boxed:

topless
09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Boozer is around 25ish
Yeah 25ish and he swooped her off her feet by telling her he has a Bayliner. :crossx:

EmpirE231
09-21-2006, 02:02 PM
How long have you guys been together? :idea:
I just ask this because I also met the girl thatI'm going to marry and so on... and was pretty much gonna rush into it.. but decided to slow up the pace a lil and just see what happens.... I was crazy about her just after a month into it.... and I still am after 7 months now .... I never had a problem with the family thing really ... even though my family prefers sticking to the same culture (lebanese) ... but they have always known... ever since I was lil that I would let them down in that catagory... so they have accepted it a while ago!! do what's gonna make you happy....as someone stated before.. when you get married... she is your life and your family... just make sure you 100% got your judge of character down!! dont be played a sucka and ever have to get to marriage #2 :)

Scream
09-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Danny, do what's right for you, you can't live for your family, you can only live for Danny, and what ever you do, don't let her have a computer... :rolleyes:
Scream

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah 25ish and he swooped her off her feet by telling her he has a Bayliner. :crossx:
25? That's a great age to get a first marriage out of the way. :cool:

OliverM5
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Have they told you what they don't like about her? If not, have you asked them? Details please....

lucky
09-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Well there you have it. :)
I wonder where Guest 10 is when you need him. :boxed:
I have to Hand it to you There Rex --- Nothing is as great as selfgradification of a JOB well Done .... :rolleyes:

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
and a wonderful Mistress :supp: :D :D
So, it was YOU!!!

ratso
09-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Boozer... Whatever you do, don't let her talk you into signing a pre-nup. :D
LMMFAO... :crossx:

Ziggy
09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Boozer... Whatever you do, don't let her talk you into signing a pre-nup. :D
LMMFAO... :crossx:Yeah, all she wants is your Bayliner...
j/k................:)

SummitKarl
09-21-2006, 02:23 PM
So, it was YOU!!!
Nah...no worries bud....everyone on Hot Boat already knows my taste in women ain't that!! good :rolleyes: :rollside: :)

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Well said..... :p

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Well said..... :p
You're beautiful, Mrs. Killer.

hoolign
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I gave up the ganja. But the journal part might be a good idea. Thanks.
Unfukkin real! the more of you fukkers that quit...the more i have to take up the slack for! .quit somkin the ganja...and start a diary??? your a lost cause! ..oh and about your dilema! Fukkem all cept 6! send me and Brown some titty pics of her and we'll contemplate the need for further debate on this matter!

cxr133
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM
i know most of the responses were F your family...
but let me tell you from experience: it can be hard if your family does not like your spouse.
i am not the most favored person in my wifes family, To me and her i dont think it really matters BUt to our kids it can be hard not getting invited to birthday parties, thanksgiving or xmas parties.
and the rare occasion that we are invited it feels like they treat our kids like little red headed orphans... so i usually have an attitude and we get out of there quickly.

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 02:33 PM
.quit somkin the ganja...and start a diary???
I caught that too. Next thing we know, he'll be prancing around like a show poodle passing a cage of unneutered pit bulls.

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:35 PM
You're beautiful, Mrs. Killer.
Thank you...Miguels dad didn't think so 11 years ago....

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Thank you...Miguels dad didn't think so 11 years ago....
Has his opinion changed since the cataract surgery?

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
i know most of the responses were F your family...
but let me tell you from experience: it can be hard if your family does not like your spouse.
Hard? yes.
Worth not having to see those fockers shit on my loving wife. HELL YES! But, that's just me.. :D

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Has his opinion changed since the cataract surgery?
I think so, but who cares

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Worth not having to see those fockers shit on my loving wife. HELL YES! But, that's just me.. :D
Do you suppose it's had an effect of bringing you two closer together or is it all negative?

GoCiggie31
09-21-2006, 02:51 PM
... Next thing we know, he'll be prancing around like a show poodle passing a cage of unneutered pit bulls.
classic :boxed:

Wake Havasu
09-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Don't marry until you are at least 35 years old.
Be sure to marry a women that is half your age plus 5.
Women are more mature and you'll relate better. :wink:

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't marry until you are at least 35 years old.
Be sure to marry a women that is half your age plus 5.
Women are more mature and you'll relate better. :wink:
And what is the title of your book....

chub
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh SMACK! :p

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Do you suppose it's had an effect of bringing you two closer together or is it all negative?
My life with Denise is all I care about. She is my world! I wish everyone on this little blue ball, could get along, but facts are facts. My sib's are flat ass rude to her and my sister (54 yo) even kicked her during one of her "moments". My brother is another story and really not worth talking about. I love my wife and my wife loves me. The rest of the world, well they can kiss my over-weight ass if they don't like the train were are on. Family included.
I know that sounds harsh but, that is how it is in the land of Mark.

OGShocker
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
"Women are from Venus and Wake Havasu is from fukin pluto" That is the wackiest thing I have heard this week.

phebus
09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I say you just let the air out of her when you're around your family, and blow her back up when you leave :D

hoolign
09-21-2006, 03:39 PM
"Women are from Venus and Wake Havasu is from fukin pluto" That is the wackiest thing I have heard this week.
Me too...and I like it!
I'm gonna find one half my age ...plus 5 ..but I'm likely gonna have to tie her up on the porch till my woman (of 22 years) gets used to her :cry: :cry:
hey quick joke to throw in here.
whats the best thing about screwing 29 year olds???
Ah duh..theres 20 of em... I know ..my bad :p

IMPATIENT 1
09-21-2006, 03:42 PM
To make Boozer Happy :)
and do whatever it takes to make it happen , Lifes too short to try and accommadate every one else . You 2 hook up and make the best of YOUR LIVES..... :rollside:
great advise!
my mom has always had a prob with my wife(of 10yrs) and 2yrs. back it came to a head. she disrespected my wife in frt. of me and our kids! all the while she was livin in a house that my wife wrote rent and utility check payments for every month outta of our own account.i told my mother how much i loved my wife and how much better a person,wife,mother she was and that she isn't half the woman.i haven't spoken with her in 2yrs. since,she lives on our lake frt. property in a large 5th wheel i paid for.i don't regret anything i said or did! my wife is the main woman in my life and i'll never stand for anyone's disrespect towards her, family or not.

Wake Havasu
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Which part troubles you:
The man waiting ‘till 35, the women are more mature than men or the plus 5 part?

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Which part troubles you:
The man waiting ‘till 35, the women are more mature than men or the plus 5 part?
All of the above. Most people get married when they fall in love and want to take the next step. Who cares about how old he or she is.....

CA Stu
09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Boozer, how are we supposed to answer that question unless you post pics of her bewbs?
Thanks
CA Stu

Tom Brown
09-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Most people get married when they fall in love and want to take the next step.
What if the man wants to ball the woman into the next state and the woman likes spending the guy's money so they hook up and do business?

CA Stu
09-21-2006, 04:44 PM
What if the man wants to ball the woman into the next state and the woman likes spending the guy's money so they hook up and do business?
He better have a lot of money?

hoolign
09-21-2006, 04:45 PM
put it in her ass! free!..no charge..zero..zip..NAAADDDAAAAAAA

wsuwrhr
09-21-2006, 04:50 PM
You will have to live with this woman much longer than you had or have to live with your family.
Brian

Hallett19
09-21-2006, 04:52 PM
You might not be seeing something they are. Take a look in from the outside. I was in this same position about 2 years ago. I had a g/f who I thought the world of, but she just wasnt for me and I didnt see it. My family and friend's hated her, most dealt with it gracefully, which I admire. It took a HORRIBLE breakup to figure out I didnt like her as much as I thought, it was the easiest relationship to get over because I knew so well that it was not meant to be. Now, with someone who really does make me insanley happy, who I love un-conditionally, my family and friends love her, her presecne, her family... basically everything about her. Take a second look Boozer, there might be something you cant see.... love is blind, since this is the first one you have not seen as a sex object, I would consider other options, your family will be around forever.
The alternative is to have a pow-wow with you family and see exactly what it is they dont like about her. If its a reasonable reason, you might consider telling her to kick rocks.
And next time your brother's wife throws something at you, throw it back!!!

Rexone
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
My life with Denise is all I care about. She is my world! I wish everyone on this little blue ball, could get along, but facts are facts. My sib's are flat ass rude to her and my sister (54 yo) even kicked her during one of her "moments". My brother is another story and really not worth talking about. I love my wife and my wife loves me. The rest of the world, well they can kiss my over-weight ass if they don't like the train were are on. Family included.
I know that sounds harsh but, that is how it is in the land of Mark.
Next time they're rude Mark just pull a 4 ft bar of alum out of the trunk and beat the holy shit out of their entertainment appliances, radios, tv's, dvd players, you know the drill. Works every time.

ratso
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
All of the above. Most people get married when they fall in love and want to take the next step. Who cares about how old he or she is.....
...I do. :idea:

Schiada76
09-21-2006, 05:02 PM
What if you marry a woman and all your friends and family like her much better than you?? :cry:
I must have really smart friends and family. :idea:

soupersonic
09-21-2006, 05:48 PM
For Christmas EVERY year from the father in law, i get a white t-shirt with an orange target spray painted on the back. He wonders why i wont hunt with him :crossx:
My family loves my wife, her family hates me.Oh they are polite to my face but as soon as you turn around.... :rolleyes: Been like that for 10 years now :rollside: Her and I are happy and thats all that matters. I think thats the part that pisses them off.

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Thats called MARRIAGE

ROZ
09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
I couldn't have said it better!!!
Yea.. now that I am going through a divorce, my friends and family say that it's about time I opend my eyes...

ratso
09-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Yea.. now that I am going through a divorce, my friends and family say that it's about time I opend my eyes...
Has her attorney told you to bend over and grab your ankles yet???

FMluvswater
09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
...I do. :idea:
:supp: You really just posted those two words. You know them by heart but still. :D

Second "PLACE"
09-21-2006, 06:55 PM
This is why I love this forum. Tom Brown sees the simple solution here. You rock Tom!

FMluvswater
09-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Well you can't make them like her but you could speak with them alone and request polite civil behavior towards her out of love and respect for you. If they are unwilling to do that for you then you really needn't worry what they think of your choice in significant other. :smile:

3 daytona`s
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
For Christmas EVERY year from the father in law, i get a white t-shirt with an orange target spray painted on the back. He wonders why i wont hunt with him :crossx:
My family loves my wife, her family hates me.Oh they are polite to my face but as soon as you turn around.... :rolleyes: Been like that for 10 years now :rollside: Her and I are happy and thats all that matters. I think thats the part that pisses them off.
A T-Shirt with a target on it? Are you serious?I would clue the bride in this family function is over for ever.

Kim Hanson
09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Go for it and tell the rest to kiss your ass............( . )( . ).........I went through the same thing... :crossx: I don't need to say good luck, it's all in the heart ... :)

CBadDad
09-21-2006, 07:40 PM
25? That's a great age to get a first marriage out of the way. :cool:
That''s pretty funny.
Sad but funny all the same.

racecar.hotshoe
09-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Do what makes you happy.And if you get in trouble my lawyer can help! :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Booze I have not read 1 reply but choose her, your family has to get over it. They will come around. Think with the big head though!

ROZ
09-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I say you just let the air out of her when you're around your family, and blow her back up when you leave :D
RR's wife has a twin? :D