PDA

View Full Version : Carmax

BlackedoutF250
09-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello, Has anyone used Carmax before Im looking to get rid of my truck and a dealership won't give me anything for it and the dealer recommended trying carmax. Has anyone had any experience with them, where do they generate there price and will it be better than a dealer or no.
Thanks John

ekbearly
09-21-2006, 02:12 PM
They were very fair with me! I would recommend them to anyone.

buzzaro
09-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Hello, Has anyone used Carmax before Im looking to get rid of my truck and a dealership won't give me anything for it and the dealer recommended trying carmax. Has anyone had any experience with them, where do they generate there price and will it be better than a dealer or no.
Thanks John
We've sold two of our cars to them and they will definately give you a better deal than a trade to a dealer. They seem to give somewhere between what a dealer will give on trade and what you will get selling to a private party. Take your car/truck in and they will take it for a test drive, have their expert take a look at it and come back with an offer. Takes about 1/2 hour or so and the offer is good for 2 weeks and 100 or so miles if i remember correctly.

gmocnik
09-21-2006, 02:40 PM
same experience as the above....gave me a fair price for my truck...no hassling with flakey people coming to your house to make a low ball offer on your vehicle..
as with many of my excelent vehicle purchases..i was upside down on the lease. carmax took care of dealing with the lease payoff...no muss, no fuss....

RiverDave
09-21-2006, 02:43 PM
How do you get ahold of Carmax? I'd like to get rid of an old caddy I Have.
RD

JB in so cal
09-21-2006, 02:49 PM
RD
I think a new carmax just opened in Irvine at the Y by the big Toyota dealer.

h2oski2fast
09-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I think a new carmax just opened in Irvine at the Y by the big Toyota dealer.
Yup, on Research Dr. between Lake Forest and Bake.

TaylorJet
09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks John
www.carmax.com They normaly use kelly blue book fair condition trade.

TaylorJet
09-21-2006, 03:17 PM
RD
If the Caddy is nice you should try ebay

out of bounds
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
I worked for carmax for a while. they wholeswale + 5% on a great shape popular band car or truck. Now if it is like foucs or ford 150 standard truck then they wont give you whole sale book, because they can go to the actition and pick itone up 3k back of book. they are a fair co and it dose take the hassel out of selling your car or truck. Also they will not give any credit for rims or shell or if they lifted. so take any aftermarket stuff off and sell it or put it on the new what ever.