PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt violation (Cali)

rmarion
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I just received a seatbelt ticket (27315.d).
Does anyone know if it will affect my auto insurance if I just pay the fine or should I take traffic school?
Will it affect my driving record also?
Thanks

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know if it will affect my auto insurance if I just pay the fine or should I take traffic school?
Thanks
Was it while you were riding a tricycle????
If so then Kilrtoy can answer your question!!!
:jawdrop: :D :) :)

BRSTQUEST
09-21-2006, 02:42 PM
That section is not a point on your driving record. I don't even think they would allow you to go to traffic school for it. Carpool lane is another non point violation.

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Was it while you were riding a tricycle????
If so then Kilrtoy can answer your question!!!
:jawdrop: :D :) :)
If you were riding a cock, then Voodoomedman can answer your question :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
09-21-2006, 02:50 PM
If you were riding a cock, then Voodoomedman can answer your question :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I guess they don't call you Mrs. Killer for nothing. Ouch, guess that will teach him to mess with your man. :)

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey now don't get all upset and stuff. I was just joking around. Wasn't trying to degrade Miguel at all. I respect all law enforcement no matter what Lowriver says about them. I don't want to be anywhere near those schools that he goes to for work. I respect that you are standing up for your man but please realize that I was just funning around and not trying to disrespect him. I'm sure he would know that I was kidding.

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I guess they don't call you Mrs. Killer for nothing. Ouch, guess that will teach him to mess with your man. :)
You got it :p :p

Mrs.HLB
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks
No it will not affect your ins. It will show on your driving record I believe but with no points.
Mrs.HLB

Mrs.Killer
09-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey now don't get all upset and stuff. I was just joking around. Wasn't trying to degrade Miguel at all. I respect all law enforcement no matter what Lowriver says about them. I don't want to be anywhere near those schools that he goes to for work. I respect that you are standing up for your man but please realize that I was just funning around and not trying to disrespect him. I'm sure he would know that I was kidding.
I know silly, i was just playing with you :p

ratso
09-21-2006, 05:14 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
No it will not affect your ins. It will show on your driving record I believe but with no points.
Mrs.HLB
Thats not what the AAA chairman says

HavasuHome
09-21-2006, 05:58 PM
it will affect your insurance rate. It will stay on your record for 3 years and the insurance company will charge one point starting at your next renewal. :cry: :cry:

HavasuSelect
09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks
Just the fine, the fine is around $80. I hate those useless tickets. It's just like burning money.
Edit: I'm not saying buckling up is useless, I'm saying when I forget to and get a ticket it's a useless mistake on my part.

YeLLowBoaT
09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't understand how ppl can not wear thier seat belt. The ticket should be alot more then it is. Seat belts save lifes. Air bags don't work with out a seat belt. Come on ppl buckle up, it will save your life.

ratso
09-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't understand how ppl can not wear thier seat belt. The ticket should be alot more then it is. Seat belts save lifes. Air bags don't work with out a seat belt. Come on ppl buckle up, it will save your life.
Tell that to Def Leppard's drummer. :D

ratso
09-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Let's see... I totalled a 68 Cougar in High School...flipped end over end 8 times is what a witness counted... no seat belt, lost three teeth, out of the hospital the next morning.
A friend of mine flipped a Z-28 end over end no telling how many times... was ejected through the removable top... one of the cops even said that had he been wearing his seatbelt and remained in the car, he would be dead... he broke both legs real bad, pelvis, you name it... walks with a cane, and thanks to not wearing a seatbelt, he is alive.
I hit a median in a Vette one night, ricocheted off a telephone pole and hit a tree at a high rate of speed... airbag deployed and not even a scratch.
I have a hundred stories of people I know of that were not wearing seatbelts and are fine, a lot of times from an airbag.
I think it should be a choice IF you have airbags. Seatbelts are not FOOLPROOF so it should not be law. I know a lady lost her legs in a car fire because she was burned so severely from not being able to get out of her seatbelt... until a couple of bystanders got into the fire and cut her loose with a knife. Really did a number on the rest of her body too.
Oh yeah, back to the Cougar... I was thrown around inside the car and when it all stopped, I was in the back seat. The front two seats had the roof caved in on top of them and the motor was shoved up into the passenger compartment... Had I been wearing my trusty seatbelt, I wouldn't be here tonight on ***boat...
Want anymore stories? I could go on all night.

YeLLowBoaT
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Let's see... I totalled a 68 Cougar in High School...flipped end over end 8 times is what a witness counted... no seat belt, lost three teeth, out of the hospital the next morning.
A friend of mine flipped a Z-28 end over end no telling how many times... was ejected through the removable top... one of the cops even said that had he been wearing his seatbelt and remained in the car, he would be dead... he broke both legs real bad, pelvis, you name it... walks with a cane, and thanks to not wearing a seatbelt, he is alive.
I hit a median in a Vette one night, ricocheted off a telephone pole and hit a tree at a high rate of speed... airbag deployed and not even a scratch.
I have a hundred stories of people I know of that were not wearing seatbelts and are fine, a lot of times from an airbag.
I think it should be a choice IF you have airbags. Seatbelts are not FOOLPROOF so it should not be law. I know a lady lost her legs in a car fire because she was burned so severely from not being able to get out of her seatbelt... until a couple of bystanders got into the fire and cut her loose with a knife. Really did a number on the rest of her body too.
Oh yeah, back to the Cougar... I was thrown around inside the car and when it all stopped, I was in the back seat. The front two seats had the roof caved in on top of them and the motor was shoved up into the passenger compartment... Had I been wearing my trusty seatbelt, I wouldn't be here tonight on ***boat...
how many lives have seat belts saved? trust me the numbers of ppl saved by seat belts in 100x of times higher then those that were saved by not wearing them.

ratso
09-21-2006, 07:16 PM
how many lives have seat belts saved? trust me the numbers of ppl saved by seat belts in 100x of times higher then those that were saved by not wearing them.
I will give you that... they have saved numerous lives... so have airbags... and there are rare exceptions where they have taken lives or contributed to even more serious injuries. All I am saying is it should be a choice if your vehicle is equipped with most of your other modern day safety features. I don't wear mine personally, and it might bite me in the ass tomorrow, but I've been bit before and lived to see another day...

voodoomedman
09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I know silly, i was just playing with you :p
Groovy! By the smilies I thought you were on the attack. Not that I mind a little whipping by someone like you.
:rollside: :rollside:

SurfOnH20
09-21-2006, 11:29 PM
In my work I have seen more people killed that were not wearing one. I've yet to see one live because they weren't. So dont put one on and run the next red light you see. Then tell me how you feel. :skull:

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Groovy! By the smilies I thought you were on the attack. Not that I mind a little whipping by someone like you.
:rollside: :rollside:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME,
Now she is gonna want to meet you and hand out some Loving punishment :boxed:

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 11:34 PM
I never thought I would disagree with you, But your stories are the few and far between on this one.
SEATBELTS SAVE LIVE . PERIOD

moonridgematt
09-22-2006, 04:19 AM
it will affect your insurance rate. It will stay on your record for 3 years and the insurance company will charge one point starting at your next renewal. :cry: :cry:
seat belt violations are non chargeable. The CA DMV doesn't charge a point for this violation so neither can the ins company.

voodoomedman
09-22-2006, 05:25 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME,
Now she is gonna want to meet you and hand out some Loving punishment :boxed:
:idea: :idea: :devil: :devil:

ratso
09-22-2006, 06:19 AM
I never thought I would disagree with you, But your stories are the few and far between on this one.
SEATBELTS SAVE LIVE . PERIOD
Few and far between is right... but I'm one of those that screw the odds up too, no matter what it is. Helmets save lives too. I personally won't get on a bike and take off down the highway without one... but I'll cruise the backroads on a 30mph Sunday drive without one... because I have that choice. I'm not even in the line of work to see all of what people like you do, but I've seen a lot. I have airbags, and I have had my ass saved by them... After seeing my friend, who by the way was one of the most beautiful women I ever met, burned beyond recognition, having her legs amputated, and going through years of rehab, skin grafts, what have you... nobody is going to tell me I HAVE to wear a seatbelt... One Fukk up from them is enough for me... Bottom line, it's law... but it should be a personal choice in my opinion.

YeLLowBoaT
09-22-2006, 06:43 AM
seat belt violations are non chargeable. The CA DMV doesn't charge a point for this violation so neither can the ins company.
Thats actaully not ture. INS companys can charge you a point for it.
It actually very logical. 2 big reason why: 1. your more likly to be hurt in crash. 2. if you willingly break 1 law, your more likly to break anohter.

jeepinscott
09-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I got one just a week ago. I wear my seat belt religiously but stopped to get fuel towing my fifth wheel. I left the pumps and tried to park off to the side to go get a burger. I got out, looked, and was blocking an entrance a little, so I jumped back in and moved the rig across the street. A cop saw me jump back in and not put my belt on and gave me a ticket. Talk about chicken shit. I moved it 50' across a street. Who would put their belt on in this case?

Mrs.HLB
09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks, that is what I thought. I also checked with my underwriter, she said the same. No rate increase on ins policy and no points.
rmarion... check with your ins co to verify. Dif states have different rules.
Mrs.HLB

ratso
09-22-2006, 07:41 AM
I got one just a week ago. I wear my seat belt religiously but stopped to get fuel towing my fifth wheel. I left the pumps and tried to park off to the side to go get a burger. I got out, looked, and was blocking an entrance a little, so I jumped back in and moved the rig across the street. A cop saw me jump back in and not put my belt on and gave me a ticket. Talk about chicken shit. I moved it 50' across a street. Who would put their belt on in this case?
He probably hadn't been laid in awhile and took it out on you lol... :D

moonridgematt
09-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Thats actaully not ture. INS companys can charge you a point for it.
It actually very logical. 2 big reason why: 1. your more likly to be hurt in crash. 2. if you willingly break 1 law, your more likly to break anohter.
I don't understand how a company can charge you a point for a non-chargeable violation? We can't make up points to charge you for. If the DMV nails a point to you..so will we.

syke-o
09-22-2006, 08:53 AM
i never got a point for ones i had received years ago.. maybe it has changed.. i still think you should have a choice wether or not you want to wear it... same as the helmet law, it should be a personal choice.. next the govt is gonna start making you wear a helmet while driving your car, because it is even safer than not wearing one at all.. right?? and its all about safety, not personal choice.. :rolleyes:
on a side note i do wear my seat belt everytime now.. not worth the hassle...

Old Texan
09-22-2006, 09:30 AM
The key too surviving an ejection from a tumbling vehicle or surviving being thrown around like a pinball is to be deadassed drunk. Heightens the odds of survival. Downside to driving deadassed drunk is it completely peaks the odds you will get in a bad wreck. :cool:
Sober plus seatbelt= Driving responsibly :)

rmarion
09-22-2006, 10:11 AM
thanks for all the reply's................
some were helpful........... :rolleyes:
LOL
BTW
1. My sister died in a car accident 18 yrs ago, she was the only person who had her belt on. A roll over. Her kids caused the accident, not paying attention to the driving while yelling at her kids.
2. I'll take the seat belt tix, I had it on, I always do now, cause that F-N bell keeps buzzing.
3. I was pulled over, cause I f-d up and turned left from a parking (acrossed from UCI) lot, got in no mans land (F-350) saw the illegal left turn sign too late, looked didn't see anyone, espically that M/C cop..(LOL)
4. Passed the attitude test, gave me a choice, illegal left turn or a seat belt tix.
5. I took the seatbelt tix.
6. I told him I f-d up and was too late to turn the beast, which was TURE.
7. My personal insurance says (Statefarm)??????? Check w/ the LEO's????
8. My company insurance says, pay fine, no penalty's.
9. I'll take the traffic school if I must................so I'm still undecided???
10. F-IT, I'm leaving for Maui for one week tommorrow..ALOHA!!!

ratso
09-22-2006, 10:28 AM
The key too surviving an ejection from a tumbling vehicle or surviving being thrown around like a pinball is to be deadassed drunk. Heightens the odds of survival. Downside to driving deadassed drunk is it completely peaks the odds you will get in a bad wreck. :cool:
Sober plus seatbelt= Driving responsibly :)
...not in all cases. In my 68, it was a combination of speed and being up for 3 days straight without sleep. No alcohol in my case, although I do see your point.

Old Texan
09-22-2006, 11:21 AM
...not in all cases. In my 68, it was a combination of speed and being up for 3 days straight without sleep. No alcohol in my case, although I do see your point.
It is a proven fact that a gross lack of sleep puts you into a state at or near intoxication. Your reaction time or lack there of is very similar.
I recall some statistics that lack of sleep causes more accidents than DUI.

ratso
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
It is a proven fact that a gross lack of sleep puts you into a state at or near intoxication. Your reaction time or lack there of is very similar.
I recall some statistics that lack of sleep causes more accidents than DUI.
Shoot... my allergies get so bad at times that I won't even chance driving.