PDA

View Full Version : 300 pro max

slowinhavasu
09-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I have have heard the 300x's have a problem venting the lower unit and they blow up.....is it the same in the pro max????
Also, I heard, Lakeland has a fix.....But people are still having problems.......
What is the real deal ????

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I dont think it matters if it is an X or a promax. What matters is if the motor has the sportmaster lower unit on it. They build up pressure and blow the seal out around the shift shaft cable causing water to be ingested and KA-BLEWY. Lakeland has a vent kit they designed (lew formerly of lakeland designed) this helps to relieve pressure in the lower unit helping to reduce the chance of blowing up. I have still heard of people blowing up there lowers even with the vent kit. I have a vent kit on my x motor/sportmaster and change the oil about every 10 hours and have not had any problems since(knock on wood) however i did blow up my lower before i put the vent kit on.

Kilrtoy
09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
WHAT THE F%^&*^%&**^^$$##(*&^&)(^^
Ok SPECTRE BOY
Here is the deal
You can run to the springs and never have to back out of the throttle unless conditions dictate different and then turn around and do the same
with that said.
Your lowers are out of the water and the oil is getting hot and creating pressure, thus blowing seals.
Now lakeland has a vent system that is working and has worked for me so far, but I change my lower unit oil every two trips. I'm guessing about every 2 hours, probably less
NOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Simon Marine in San Diego has come up with a double vent system or something like that, that will eliminate the problem altogether. I know DCB is very happy with it and I plan on doing it over the winter.
Go see RICHIE @ LAKELAND and have some vent kits done. I know you are here in havasu and SD is a BIG trip for you....
Whenever you want driving lessons , JUST ASK, When you want to run like a pro, Look somewhere else.
SERIOUSLY,
I will help you learn how to drive........
cats and twins are no joke to messs with

HavasuBarney
09-22-2006, 04:58 PM
It all depends on the load they are pushing.
I have 300+ hours on a 98 Promax without an issue. Close to 100 on my X without a problem.
What's the new ride in your stable?

dicudmore
09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
It all depends on the load they are pushing.
I have 300+ hours on a 98 Promax without an issue. Close to 100 on my X without a problem.
What's the new ride in your stable?
I heard a rumor that he's working a deal on something a little bigger and MUCH faster than the Valco offshore racing machine :cool:

slowinhavasu
09-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I heard a rumor that he's working a deal on something a little bigger and MUCH faster than the Valco offshore racing machine :cool:
Rumor has the Valco Racing machine is for sale....first 7500.00 takes it....
Also heard there is a 93 Jeep yj, in mint condition on the market....First 7800. takes that.... HHHHHHMMMMM..... :crossx: