PDA

View Full Version : Water levels in Havi?

THOR
09-22-2006, 07:08 AM
What is the water level like now? Is it safe to run up to Topock?

blown dough
09-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Was wondering the same thing, also if anyone launched at the Marina yesterday and how was it?

SummitKarl
09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
water flow (http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/2006/091106.html)
at 446', it's sketchy at best with a prop to enter the river from the lake, but just fine for a jet boat. if you feel you must with a prop, stay to the east side of the lake approach the island at the mouth and stay about 200' to the east of it as you pass the island "dog leg" left to stay in the channel
flip side is the lake is hazardous to the jet boat when it's low as all the weeds are now floating on top,
below 447' BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BALLSDEEP
09-22-2006, 07:40 AM
I would imagine that it will be like last weekend. I was out, it was low but not too bad. Just looked at the water flow chart and the water flow this weekend is about the same amount of water flow from last weekend.

HocusPocus
09-22-2006, 07:58 AM
my wifes dad is there today and said the water level is pretty low at the ramps. he had no problem launching the tri-toon at site 6, his friend launched at windsor and caught the prop on his 21' hallet. thats all i know. :crossx:

Warlockjer
09-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Its LOW!!!

Todd969
09-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Just took a drive down to the marina and channel and the water is LOW, be careful. It's also getting windy :cry:

Good Times!!
09-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I was out there last weekend. On Monday we made a trip to Topock for lunch. Made the up river run at about noon and the water level wasn't to bad. Left Topock at about 3:30 and noticed on the ride back the water level dropped about another foot. By the time we made it back to the river inlet into the lake the water was diffently lower than when we left, but we were able to make it back into the lake without a problem.
We did see two boats run aground that were behind us by about 20 minutes. The two boats were swinging way wide towards the 95 instead of staying about 150 - 200 feet off of the reed island. A couple of boats were heading up the lake, but decided to turn around before they entered the river after the two boats we saw run aground. Good thing nobody got stuck to bad.
Hopes this helps.

AZJD
09-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Ran it last saturday.....it's freakin low. I have a 29' boat and I wouldn't do it again. Some spots were dipping down under 5' on my depth gauge! I just kept it trimmed out and on plain, fingers crossed. Once your through to the river from havi its not too bad, but I would hate to snag on the bottom at 70mph.
And do just like good times said when heading into river. You will get stuck, i was rubbing bottom once I dropped plain.

Not So Fast
09-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Below 446' yesterday, dropping about 6" a day! You had better know the way around reed island at the mouth if you are going up river or be prepared. NSF