PDA

View Full Version : Water Levels

UncleLarry
09-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Just got off the phone with the group the control the water level here on Lake Havasu.
Due to a request by the farmers in S. Arizona & requests from s. cal more water the normal is be taken out of the Lake.
Lake Mead/Hoover damn is not releasing any more due to conservation measures. It is hoped that the dam will need to generate more power thus releasing more water into the lower colorado river.
This weekend Sept 23rd.. at best we can expect the level to be at 445.4 that is still pretty low.. By next weekend the plan is to have it back to 446.5 which is pretty normal for the non busy season..
I will check back with them later today - they will have an update and if time permits I will update what they are saying...
Life on the River................ Mostly awesome days.. every once in a while we come back to reality..
Enjoy

Nautitwins2
09-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Just got off the phone with the group the control the water level here on Lake Havasu.
Due to a request by the farmers in S. Arizona & requests from s. cal more water the normal is be taken out of the Lake.
Lake Mead/Hoover damn is not releasing any more due to conservation measures. It is hoped that the dam will need to generate more power thus releasing more water into the lower colorado river.
This weekend Sept 23rd.. at best we can expect the level to be at 445.4 that is still pretty low.. By next weekend the plan is to have it back to 446.5 which is pretty normal for the non busy season..
I will check back with them later today - they will have an update and if time permits I will update what they are saying...
Life on the River................ Mostly awesome days.. every once in a while we come back to reality..
Enjoy
Lower river is going to be great. Thanks for the info!

lewiville
09-22-2006, 09:45 AM
how abouot the weather?

Havasu_Dreamin
09-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow, that's low.....

UncleLarry
09-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Should be in the mid 90's.. winds 10 to 16 mph (pretty typical) with a few gusts later in the day....
So the temps are below normal the winds normal or above and the lake below normal...

phebus
09-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Right now, there is a very slight breeze, and the lake is smooth. I'm going to try and launch at the Marina, and see how it goes.

slowinhavasu
09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
lane #1 and 2 were closed yesterday.....

UncleLarry
09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
yes its windy 25mph gusts to 35 for friday
lots of boats in the water
up to 34' magics in the water...
imagine how fast you can now go - down river..... :)