PDA

View Full Version : Bought Me A 87 Condor Tx-19!!!woohooo

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 10:15 AM
well everything finally came together on my tx-19 deal and deal is done, picking it up tommorrow, will post pics tommorrow nite!!!!!i'm so excited!!! :)

vdrivenman
09-22-2006, 10:25 AM
congrats !! glad it all came together for you!

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 10:43 AM
got a smokin deal too, all new interior,cables, all new roller bbc, dominator pump,droop,divertor,decent trailer.i'll tell the price after i pick it up,lol.boat is supposed to currently run in the low 90's @5800rpm, think i can go to an a impellor and do more with alittle help from my bottle.hull's kinda faded but looks restorable all gel.

Devilman
09-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Good deal! So far, sounds like you scored.... :cool:

esabataj
09-22-2006, 11:11 AM
got a smokin deal too, all new interior,cables, all new roller bbc, dominator pump,droop,divertor,decent trailer.i'll tell the price after i pick it up,lol.boat is supposed to currently run in the low 90's @5800rpm, think i can go to an a impellor and do more with alittle help from my bottle.hull's kinda faded but looks restorable all gel.
way to go Tom
Congrats on the new ride.
Can't believe you're wearing a bowtie now LOL

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 11:15 AM
way to go Tom
Congrats on the new ride.
Can't believe you're wearing a bowtie now LOL
lol, my blue oval hyd. cammed mill puts out more power than the roller bbc that's in the boat.might have to do a mill swap, nah! bbc are cheaper anyways!

SoCal Power
09-22-2006, 11:20 AM
well everything finally came together on my tx-19 deal and deal is done, picking it up tommorrow, will post pics tommorrow nite!!!!!i'm so excited!!! :)
Congrats on the purchase; can't go wrong with a gull wing to 100mph or so. Do you know the hull weight?
db

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 11:32 AM
i don't know it.i hope its on the heavier end due to the fact my local lake is rough at times.its a condor hull, are those heavier than y.bloods?
gary, your the man bro!!!!!thanks for the heads up!

dmontzsta
09-22-2006, 11:35 AM
nah! bbc are cheaper anyways!
Maybe 10 years ago, but not anymore. :) Big Inch Fords are cheaper and easier to attain than Big Inch Chevys, that is for sure.

BrendellaJet
09-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Maybe 10 years ago, but not anymore. :) Big Inch Fords are cheaper and easier to attain than Big Inch Chevys, that is for sure.
Damn, all you do is talk shit! :boxed:

Slacker
09-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Congrats.. Hope you have fun with your new toy.

dmontzsta
09-22-2006, 11:50 AM
:)
I shouldnt have said cheaper, more like the same price...I should have re-read it before hitting enter.
:)
BTW: Impatient, Congrats on the purchase...those TX19s are great hulls, so I hear. I have always like the looks of a gullwing style hull.

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
he's rite on the stoker issue but i'm not goin stroker with the tx.basic 454 is cheaper for me to build than bbf since i work for gm and get get gm performance parts real cheap.alot of peeps tell me that 750-800hp is plenty in these hulls so i'll just spray my way to 100mph,lol.
i had 1 of my blocks bored for a 557 build, if the chebby goes, it'll get the bbf 557 and a 300hp shot.let me get the boat home and we'll see what it needs.

poncho-pwr
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
In my opinion the Condors are the best built TX-19s out there. I have never seen a poorly built boat come from Ervin Capps and that's who built the Condors. You could probably call Mr. Capps and give him your hull#, he could tell you anything you wanted to know about it I bet. Here is his web address http://phoenixfiberglass.net/. He is the one building the new Cheyennes now.

dmontzsta
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
i had 1 of my blocks bored for a 557 build, if the chebby goes, it'll get the bbf 557 and a 300hp shot.let me get the boat home and we'll see what it needs.
:jawdrop: Talk about fast... shit.

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
:jawdrop: Talk about fast... shit.
that's what i'm shooting for!lol :crossx:

atxwrangler
09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
congratulations tom,do you at least have a picture to share with us??? :skull:

Greaser
09-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Does this mean the price of the Taylor just went down???????LOL Just kiddin
Congrats on the new purchase!!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Does this mean the price of the Taylor just went down???????LOL Just kiddin
Congrats on the new purchase!!!!!
yes it does, i'll take 4500 for it without no2!you couldn't build the motor and pump that's in it for that! everything in the boat has been rebuilt or replaced
by me in the past 2yrs..just needs a paint job. i keep the boat in my shop and i guess i gotta make room for the tx.i built a 30 by 50 shop last yr. and its fillin up fast!i still have a barn that's 40 by 50 once the shops full :)
thanks on the congrats guys, its not home yet though, as long as its as clean as he says,i'll be home with it by 4pm tomm..deals been made, money's in my pocket, got map ready,truck's full of gas, man i'm not gonna sleep tonite am i :220v:

skeeter
09-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Was that boat local in your area? I had heard about one that had been stored for a couple of years when I was at the races here in okc.

Shark Attack 065
09-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Congrats to you , your gonna love it !

kraig
09-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey Tom, YOU TRADER!!!!lol Just playin, You will love how smooth that boat is gong to ride, it really floats on the air. Congrats!!!! :)

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey Tom, YOU TRADER!!!!lol Just playin, You will love how smooth that boat is gong to ride, it really floats on the air. Congrats!!!! :)
damn man, what's up with my taylor club peeps doggin me,lol. bro, it was just time to step it up alittle.if it makes a difference to ya, it may end up with my sj's mill :p
the tx-19 is safely tucked into its new home in my shop! the boat wasn't as nice as i'd had expected but there's was plenty of good parts on the boat to justify the 7500.00 i spent. the mill is fresh(3hrs)all new comp roller valvetrain, victor intake, 850 dp, magneto ignition,forged trw domes, shitty rods(the weak point in this mill!).dominator pump needs a rebuild over the winter so i'll be callin duane pretty soon for another one of his kits, the impellor is a b cut and i'm gonna run an a dominator impellor instead.the hull has a few stress cracks here and there but nothin unexpected for a 20yr old hull, gonna have to hit it with 2000grit and do some buffing.it needs new carpet, may go ahead and do sub floor at the same time while i'm there, just because.can't believe this boat has more room than my taylor sj!!! alot easier to move around in.give me 6 months with the boat, and i'll have it polished back to life, lookin good, and bustin azzzzz :crossx: :crossx:
marty(atx) if you don't mind, post the pics i sent ya.

atxwrangler
09-23-2006, 06:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2686JetBoat009.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2686JetBoat008.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2686JetBoat007.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2686JetBoat005.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks alot marty.
its gonna need alot of work but the basics are there for a great boat.when the sj sells, it'll get my full attention and extra dough too i'm sure.i'm building dirt track motors for a good local bodyshop in trade for there services so i'm gonna let him have at it and see how far he can bring back the gel.
anyone have any good recommendations on how to bring the gel back out.its not that bad, i can tell its fixable and the bottom of the boat is still in great shape.one of the shoe's skegs has a break in it, can i buy a repair 1 and heliarc it on there?anyone sell something like that??its broke low enough that's there plenty of repair room there.

atxwrangler
09-23-2006, 07:23 PM
no problem tom.did you see the progress pics of the cheyenne,before and after re-sanding with 1500 grit and waxing.that looks like all you will need to do.everyone tells me though ,that the fade will keep comming back unless you clear coat it with a good clear,like imron.thats what i am gonna do to mine,after i paint the trailer.

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2006, 07:49 PM
no problem tom.did you see the progress pics of the cheyenne,before and after re-sanding with 1500 grit and waxing.that looks like all you will need to do.everyone tells me though ,that the fade will keep comming back unless you clear coat it with a good clear,like imron.thats what i am gonna do to mine,after i paint the trailer.
man, after the trouble i've had with paint on the sj, its turned me offa painted boats for me.i'm sure there's some super nice paint jobs out there that stay great for yrs.. i just can't afford it, and there's noone around here i'd trust and i not makin the mistake again of thinkin "i'm a good tech, how hard could it ___king be to paint"lol.different skill all together that's for sure!!! what do you think it'd cost to have it clear gelled??? is it possible to add tint to the clear gel, maybe a candy red where the oe scheme shows threw like it was meant to be that way, ya know what i mean?

IMPATIENT 1
09-24-2006, 09:13 AM
someone tell me about the boat with the hin??
hin# guytx053f687

poncho-pwr
09-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Just call Ervin Capps, he built your boat and can probably tell you what the temperature was that day and what he had for lunch along with anything else you want to know about it. His number is 479-253-1226. Here is his website www.phoenixfiberglass.net .

502 JET
09-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Serial No. TX053 Manufacturer Status: Out Of Business
Manufacturer: Grand Slam Skiffs Address: 6531 43rd St N #1606
Pinellas Park
Florida
United States
Brands: Not Listed
Manufacturer's Website URL: Data Unavailable
Certification Date: June 1986
Model Year: 1987
I looked up your number here (http://www.boatfax.com/shared-hin-validator.php)

IMPATIENT 1
09-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Just call Ervin Capps, he built your boat and can probably tell you what the temperature was that day and what he had for lunch along with anything else you want to know about it. His number is 479-253-1226. Here is his website www.phoenixfiberglass.net .
i'll call him tommorrow poncho, thanks for the tele#.i talked to him in june about a cheyenne he had for sale less mill and it was just to much of a build for me to afford, nice azz boat though,less mill.don't want to bother someone on sunday about bs like boats, he may not like it.

IMPATIENT 1
09-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Serial No. TX053 Manufacturer Status: Out Of Business
Manufacturer: Grand Slam Skiffs Address: 6531 43rd St N #1606
Pinellas Park
Florida
United States
Brands: Not Listed
Manufacturer's Website URL: Data Unavailable
Certification Date: June 1986
Model Year: 1987
I looked up your number here (http://www.boatfax.com/shared-hin-validator.php)
th appraisal info says its an okie built boat?? ervin capps built condor?the trailer is even an oklahoma performance trailer, has a metal tag sayin it.wonder what's up?