PDA

View Full Version : lake level is too low...

Throttle
09-22-2006, 01:49 PM
to launch, I got turned around today... yesterday too!
hope tomorrow is better!!! without the f'n wind...

Mrs.Racer277
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Maybe having a lil boat does have it's advantages. :rolleyes: :)
We are heading out there late tonight. Are you still going to be around??

Throttle
09-22-2006, 01:56 PM
its making me think more about that 32 I want next spring...

Throttle
09-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe having a lil boat does have it's advantages. :rolleyes: :)
We are heading out there late tonight. Are you still going to be around??
gonna b home tonite, stop by 4 a cold one on your way into town...

Mrs.Racer277
09-22-2006, 02:00 PM
gonna b home tonite, stop by 4 a cold one on your way into town...
We are not leaving here until after 9 or so. Hubby is driving back from up north. :yuk:

voodoomedman
09-22-2006, 02:03 PM
to launch, I got turned around today... yesterday too!
hope tomorrow is better!!! without the f'n wind...
Where did you get turned away from? You should be able to launch at Cattail. Also everybody says all this stuff about rocks at Windsor but that is on the South Ramp. Use the North Ramp, launch in the middle and then stay in the middle and start turning once you're about 50 feet north of the docks and head on out and have some fun.

Keith E. Sayre
09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
We launched about 11 am before the wind came up and it was fine at the North ramp at Windsor. Then no problem at 12 noon either. Then the wind
came up. Look out! But the depth of the water is no issue at all.
Keith Sayre

my21advantage
09-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Where did you get turned away from? You should be able to launch at Cattail. Also everybody says all this stuff about rocks at Windsor but that is on the South Ramp. Use the North Ramp, launch in the middle and then stay in the middle and start turning once you're about 50 feet north of the docks and head on out and have some fun.
I just launched there this morning at about 10 am.....before the wind came uo :cry:
No issues with the depth....launch on the north ramp use the middle lane and you in like flint :D

Not So Fast
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Fun to watch though huh Cameron? Nice cart you got there! NSF

Throttle
09-22-2006, 04:19 PM
got turned away from marina, the north ramp is fine at windsor but not with wind by myself...
no fun... :argue:

Throttle
09-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Fun to watch though huh Cameron? Nice cart you got there! NSF
its entertaining, I loved the guy with the attitude when we told him the drive was still down being dragged on da ramp!
good to see ya Bobby. thanks... c ya soon.

Not So Fast
09-23-2006, 06:36 AM
its entertaining, I loved the guy with the attitude when we told him the drive was still down being dragged on da ramp!
good to see ya Bobby. thanks... c ya soon.
I love guys like that, "What, whats wrong" (with attitude) like we are picking on him or something. Good thing the ladies were in the boat or they would have dragged it all the way to the cleanup area. Oh well :confused: The level of the water has changed my mind about going out Sunday though!! NSF

shueman
09-23-2006, 06:41 AM
It's F'n blowin' this morning.....already white caps on the lake....!! :220v:
I might head to Parker instead....
Went out of Needles yesterday...not bad conditions with the wind... :cool:
http://yamahajetboaters.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10170/DSCF2090_%28Medium%29.JPG

andy01
09-23-2006, 06:44 AM
It's F'n blowin' this morning.....already white caps on the lake....!! :220v:
I might head to Parker instead....
The water is flat here but it is windy as hell. And cold on the water this morning.

shueman
09-23-2006, 06:47 AM
My buyer is at Riverland.....where can I launch on the AZ side..??

blown dough
09-23-2006, 06:53 AM
are their any lenght restrictions at Windsor? We also got turned away from the Marina, no boats over 24' their.

shueman
09-23-2006, 06:56 AM
They have signs on the south ramp.....big stuff needs to use the north, but that's right into the wind.... :220v:

Mrs.Racer277
09-23-2006, 06:57 AM
are their any lenght restrictions at Windsor? We also got turned away from the Marina, no boats over 24' their.
You should not have a problem with Windsor. I have seen BIG boats launch there all the time.

Throttle
09-23-2006, 07:01 AM
use the north ramp, stay in the middle lanes...

blown dough
09-23-2006, 07:02 AM
You should not have a problem with Windsor. I have seen BIG boats launch there all the time.
I know that, I was just wondering since the water level is low if they put some limits on size like the marina had to do due to the water being so low.

Throttle
09-23-2006, 07:03 AM
I can not see white caps from my house, however wind has just gotten stronger...
forcast is for nne winds to be 10-20mph today and 10-15 tomorrow... be safe today... I may take golf cart down to channel, but does not look good for da boat...

Mrs.Racer277
09-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I know that, I was just wondering since the water level is low if they put some limits on size like the marina had to do due to the water being so low.
Gottcha. :) :)

THOR
09-23-2006, 07:06 AM
I can not see white caps from my house, however wind has just gotten stronger...
forcast is for nne winds to be 10-20mph today and 10-15 tomorrow... be safe today... I may take golf cart down to channel, but does not look good for da boat...
Speaking of water, have you made a Topock trip lately with the current water levels?

Throttle
09-23-2006, 07:08 AM
I do not think there were any restrictions... just be careful bro if you deside to take the fam out!

Throttle
09-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Speaking of water, have you made a Topock trip lately with the current water levels?
Not an option right now for me personally.

Mr.Havasu
09-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi Cameron & Dia;
Anyone doing anything tonight?

Mrs.Racer277
09-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Cameron & Dia;
Anyone doing anything tonight?
Hello there,
Umm Checking in. :) :)
I have no idea but I will be sure to give you a call. :)

SummitKarl
09-23-2006, 07:22 AM
when Dia forgets/flakes on that call I will call you :p
why don't you girls plan a girls night out...... :)
unless a tailgate at the race track sounds good :cool:

Mr.Havasu
09-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Umm Checking in. :) :)
:)
Little late, I already caught you :rollside:
I have to work this afternoon :cool: but have nothing planned for later on.

THOR
09-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Not an option right now for me personally.
Damnit. I wanted to go up there next weekend. :mad:
thanks for the tip

hallett21
09-23-2006, 01:47 PM
They have signs on the south ramp.....big stuff needs to use the north, but that's right into the wind.... :220v:
what u hav to do is get up be4 the wind go tie the boat up at trhe marina or sumthing go home eat breakfest adn come back and u wont hav to deal with conditions. but i dont know the exact conditions. just advice

Ultracrazy
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
what u hav to do is get up be4 the wind go tie the boat up at trhe marina or sumthing go home eat breakfest adn come back and u wont hav to deal with conditions. but i dont know the exact conditions. just advice
Dude............buy a vowel.

Nord
09-23-2006, 05:41 PM
lol

HavasuSelect
09-24-2006, 04:47 PM
The South ramp at Windsor was pretty bad this weekend. I saw a 27 Shadow drop his trailer off the ramp on Friday and a 30 foot Spectre take up 3 lanes and launch sideways. Even when we warned him as he drove up. He said "Oh I got it" so we said ok buddy and took off.

HMF'er
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
got turned away from marina, the north ramp is fine at windsor but not with wind by myself...
no fun... :argue:
Not a big deal in the wind by yourself. I did it, and got one of the mopes in the golf cart at the ramp to help me out.
j/k. Thanks bro :boxed:

Throttle
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Not a big deal in the wind by yourself. I did it, and got one of the mopes in the golf cart at the ramp to help me out.
:idea: happy to be there to help you out bro!
I think there were lots of others that might have been happy to see a few of us helpin out!

Never Satisfied
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
So you were the guy we were waiting for to launch! :crossx:
Where were you yesterday?(SAT)

hot_diggity_dog
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Other than the wait the North ramp was fine! Even had ranger directing traffic.
Both Sat. & Sun no problem and the water level never played a factor for me!
Today was absolutely beautiful.
Cool regatta's this weekend too!
1. Campbell
2.. Playcraft
3. Lavey Craft
Seen soem sweet Pontoons one with twin 300X's and another with a blown motor.
HDD