PDA

View Full Version : Rigger Please!!!! (Trident Hiring!!!)

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 04:56 PM
That's right, we are looking for a lead rigger. No journeymen this time. We are looking for an experienced, methodical, anal retentive craftsman to lead the rigging department here. My lead rigger just stepped up to shop supervisor and needs replacement. Must have experience in the following...
Jet intake setting/alignment
Outdrive installation and rigging
Finish rigging and electrical
Fiberglass cutting, finishing and installation
Military background a plus
There are two solid apprentice riggers here already doing a good job, but both need supervision and instruction. Lead rigger will be expected to provide training, expertise, patience and efficiency to the process. LR also expected to bring a full set of rigging tools. This is a "no loaner" shop.
Jigs are being made currently, templates for all cutting, drilling, installations and locations. LR will be expected to contribute greatly to this process.
Improving efficiency, speeding up the rigging process and leading a crew is what we are looking for.
Any inquiries must start with a resume and job application.
If you know a great rigger that is sick of what they are doing... this could be the opportunity of a lifetime. Taking my job will pay well.
Pass the word folks...

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:27 PM
*A special thank you to V-Drive Video for his participation in helping us build the finest boat building team in the business... 24's on Escalades not included.

Tom Brown
09-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey... thanks for the help. Troll elsewhere. :mad:
You forgot to mention you run a stress free work environment. :cool:

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Nice. :D
I'll consider it if I can telecommute.
If you can sort that out... you're hired.

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
You forgot to mention you run a stress free work environment. :cool:
It isn't "stress free"... but I would consider it "reduced stress".

Tom Brown
09-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I'd love to do a job like this when I retire. Unfortunately, there are no jobs like this on the Canadian prairies. :D
Still, I wonder how you might make out with someone who may have done this kind of stuff as a hobby their whole life and might enjoy it as a 3 or 4 day per week retirement occupation.
You might not get the production out of them but, then again, you might get better quality work out of guys who have a nice life and enjoy what they're doing, rather than just wanting to slap any shit together and get to the bar.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey... thanks for the help. Troll elsewhere. :mad:
How about you guys do everyone a favor and delete your juvenile posts and pass the word among your drag racing buddies about a great opportunity.
I'm sure turning this into a troll fest will help my search.
No problem, I got my laugh :rollside:

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I'd love to do a job like this when I retire. Unfortunately, there are no jobs like this on the Canadian prairies. :D
Still, I wonder how you might make out with someone who may have done this kind of stuff as a hobby their whole life and might enjoy it as a 3 or 4 day per week retirement occupation.
You might not get the production out of them but, then again, you might get better quality work out of guys who have a nice life and enjoy what they're doing, rather than just wanting to slap any shit together and get to the bar.
That is my dream candidate. Someone with a world of experience and respect under their belt, willing to take two seconds longer in thought to do it right the first time.
There is a saying in our shop... "There are two ways to do anything... Right, and again."

Jbb
09-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmmmmmm.....low level functionary......In sunny San Diego...... :idea:

Jbb
09-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Comparing yourself to Roy again?
I am really gonna have to beat you.... :mad:
rip Roy...

Tom Brown
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Hmmmmmm.....low level functionary......In sunny San Diego...... :idea:
You would be a shoe in. You've got experience on a very similar boat. :cool:
Do you need a trailer setup man, Wes?
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/post-2-1074130426.jpg

mike37
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I will take the job but
I have no clue on boat rigging but I have lot of construction experience

Jbb
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Brown....and his..."Rigging Crew"...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860tb.jpg

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Why do I have a feeling that on Monday when the first guy who gives a shit reads about this I will have lost them somewhere between the "Icy Hot Stuntaz" and the "Klopeck family picnic" pic from Brian.
Good thing I have freinds like these, huh? :D
Ah well... anyone who is on here very much probably isn't a good choice anyway. Two days after getting here I will be catching shit about not having the internet in the shop.

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I will take the job but
That has been my recipe for frustration up to this point. Now I need a pro.
Thanks though! :D

Tom Brown
09-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Two days after getting here I will be catching shit about not having the internet in the shop.
You might want to be weary of someone who takes a micrometer to the steel shop walls and keeps looking at the strength guage on their Blackberry.

Jbb
09-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Why do I have a feeling that on Monday when the first guy who gives a shit reads about this I will have lost them somewhere between the "Icy Hot Stuntaz" and the "Klopeck family picnic" pic from Brian.
Good thing I have freinds like these, huh? :D
Ah well... anyone who is on here very much probably isn't a good choice anyway. Two days after getting here I will be catching shit about not having the internet in the shop.
Sorry Wes......No one is Immune..... :p

mike37
09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
That has been my recipe for frustration up to this point. Now I need a pro.
Thanks though! :D
good luck on your quest for a qualified person

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 06:26 PM
good luck on your quest for a qualified person
I'll need it! My theory of "find a good learner and teach him from scratch" has not quite been the blockbuster I was hoping for.
I want someone who can show ME how to rig now. Willing to pay for it too. Greatest thing I could hear would be "Step aside Butch..." :D

mike37
09-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll need it! My theory of "find a good learner and teach him from scratch" has not quite been the blockbuster I was hoping for.
I want someone who can show ME how to rig now. Willing to pay for it too. Greatest thing I could hear would be "Step aside Butch..." :D
unfortunately there are no a lot of quaffed people out there looking for work they already have a good job

topless
09-22-2006, 06:57 PM
The only people I know are race guys who do it on the side and asshole "just jet" guys who think they know it all. Anyway, good luck Wes.

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 06:58 PM
unfortunately there are no a lot of quaffed people out there looking for work they already have a good job
I wouldn't describe anything involving cutting fiberglass a "good" job, but I know what you mean. ;)
Truth is, I am willing to increase pay to cherry pick a winner. My dream lead rigger is Tony Chairmonte, but he is decidedly taken by Mr. Leach now, so my search continues...
I have a couple of leads here, but hoping to put some more leads into the pile.

atomickitn
09-22-2006, 07:00 PM
hummmm! to bad you are way down in sandiego :cool: good luck in your search , i can tell you that good peeps are a hard find

superdave013
09-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I've don't know any thing about and have never met that SoCal Power guy. But man O man does he do clean work. At least what I see posted here.
You need to track that guy down and make him an offer.

48OFF
09-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Froggy, how many of your boats are in the hands of the lucky owners?
48OFF

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Froggy, how many of your boats are in the hands of the lucky owners?
48OFF
One, soon to be two... then three... :D
I just need to get them rigged and out the door. No compromises on the rigging end of things, so it is slow going...
Working on #4 in the mold right now, shooting #5 within the next couple of weeks.

wsuwrhr
09-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Worked for me a couple times at Trident World Headquarters.
'Course butch wasn't the word I used.
Brian

DesertDog
09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Froggy,good luck finding a top quality rigger.I'm not looking for a job,but I rigged boats for several years for a major custom boat manufacturer and know how hard it is to find good people.Just curious,are you paying hourly or piece work?

Froggystyle
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Froggy,good luck finding a top quality rigger.I'm not looking for a job,but I rigged boats for several years for a major custom boat manufacturer and know how hard it is to find good people.Just curious,are you paying hourly or piece work?
Only hourly. Proper credentials will earn salary.
Zero piece work at Trident. My folks can count on me, I get to count on them.

BADBLOWN572
09-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Good luck. A GOOD rigger is very hard to find! I know of a couple, but they are up in Corona/Riverside. Probably not interested in heading down south.
If I was you, I would DEFINITELY take a look at some of the boats they have rigged. If not the boats themselves, then definitely pictures. I know a lot of guys who would probably meet your qualifications as a "lead rigger" but are complete hacks. Resumes tell history, not skills. :( Unfortunately you wouldn't know that the person is a hack until it is too late. Cut an intake hole too big and you are F'ed. If you can inspect prior work, you would at least have something to base their abilities off of.
For a GOOD rigger, you are going to end up paying probably somewhere around $30.00/hour. More if they have to supply ALL of their own tools (ie. Sawzalls, hole saws, alignment tools, etc.) A good rigger isn't cheap and a cheap rigger isn't good. :(

framer1
09-23-2006, 03:34 PM
I will take the job but
You quiting :cool: You would be a good rigger, I have to admit.

Nord
09-23-2006, 05:04 PM
yeah, the job sounds fun, but.........I sell boots;)

mike37
09-23-2006, 05:10 PM
You quiting :cool: You would be a good rigger, I have to admit.
you know I would love to work on custom boats but I don't think Im qualified

Rexone
09-23-2006, 05:10 PM
"Step aside Butch..." :D
Hey take that shit to benchracers. :D

Froggystyle
09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
you know I would love to work on custom boats but I don't think Im qualified
You know... there are other positions. Meticulous, attentive to detail, patient... all are traits of great riggers. Our "entry level" apprentice rigger position demands quite a lot in terms of attitude and accountability, and hiring for that position requires a basic knowledge of tools, installation techniques and most importantly the ability to be trained.
I need my lead rigger position to be able to take qualified craftsmen and turn them into Trident riggers. You can't do that without a lot of experience working on boats under your belt.
I need this guy to be setting his 50th jet... not his first.

mike37
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
You know... there are other positions. Meticulous, attentive to detail, patient... all are traits of great riggers. Our "entry level" apprentice rigger position demands quite a lot in terms of attitude and accountability, and hiring for that position requires a basic knowledge of tools, installation techniques and most importantly the ability to be trained.
I need my lead rigger position to be able to take qualified craftsmen and turn them into Trident riggers. You can't do that without a lot of experience working on boats under your belt.
I need this guy to be setting his 50th jet... not his first.
Im to old to chang jobs now and I can only build houses

mike37
09-23-2006, 07:20 PM
couple pics

mike37
09-23-2006, 07:21 PM
and I like to be in charge

Kachina26
09-23-2006, 08:02 PM
????
v. quaffed, quaff·ing, quaffs
v. tr.
To drink (a beverage) heartily: quaffed the ale with gusto.
Sorry Froggy, consider it a bump :D

Parkertime
09-24-2006, 01:17 AM
From what I've heard, John that use to run Force has quit. I've seen his work and that guy can do some nice rigging! Just ask Deano in cats and tunnels?

phebus
09-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Im to old to chang jobs now and I can only build houses
Is that going to be the new guest house at framer1's house?

mike37
09-24-2006, 08:34 AM
????
v. quaffed, quaff·ing, quaffs
v. tr.
To drink (a beverage) heartily: quaffed the ale with gusto.
Sorry Froggy, consider it a bump :D
dammit the spelling gremlins must have changed that on me
cus I never miss spell anything

mike37
09-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Is that going to be the new guest house at framer1's house?
hell no it would be another garage if it were at framer1's house :)

Desert Rat
09-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Don't know anything about rigging but I did stay at a Holiday in last night :) Good luck in your search Wes

Froggystyle
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Don't know anything about rigging but I did stay at a Holiday in last night :) Good luck in your search Wes
Maybe I should ask for that as a requirement! :D

Froggystyle
10-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Just throwing this out there again before we make our final decisions. Any futher interest?