PDA

View Full Version : Jet/ Diverter Question (12JG)

asch
09-22-2006, 05:44 PM
--

DelawareDave
09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't know anything, but I can tell that last pic with the oil is not right. The end cap may be loose or leaking, but it don't look good. To me at least..

hallettman
09-22-2006, 06:11 PM
the holes in the bottom of the nozzle are the bolt holes for th rudder. looks like the seal in the bowl is bad to leak out that much fluid. also you can screw a grease zerk into those two pipe threaded holes in the bowl and use marine grease in it . thats what ive been doing for 8 years now with no porblems.

hallettman
09-22-2006, 11:11 PM
your seal will need to be replaced and then use the grease instead of the gaer oil.

DelawareDave
09-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey Dave. How's the boat comin'?
Too slow

El Prosecutor
09-25-2006, 05:42 AM
Well, I've looked at the American Turbine repair procedure. It appears to require tools I don't have. Seems more like a job for someone who knows what they're doing. I don't wanna screw something up which will end up costing me more money. I'll just take it to someone.
By the way, Can I leave the intake side in the boat to have it worked on or should it be removed?
Thanks
You won't go wrong taking it to a reputable pro, but it is easier than it looks to rebuild a pump, especially if you follow the AT rebuild manual. You can improvise most of the special tools unless something is reeeaaally stuck bad.