PDA

View Full Version : BigBoyToys

cal***boat
11-29-2002, 07:16 PM
:p Hey Jim, I havent heard from you since you bought the tunnel from me. How is the project going ?
Will the boat be ready for CFW on New Years Day ?
We are thinking about going up to see how good that jet will run against all the flats that will be there.
With any luck i think i can talk my friend bruce into taking his hydro up there to make a few passes also.
See ya soon, Dave

BigBoyToys
11-29-2002, 07:51 PM
hey Dave, I've taken it out twice now. Love the ride once it gets a little air under it. I've been tweaking the motor a bit. Might tear it down after CFW to see if I can get in the 850hp range. I learned REALLY quick not to let off on the gas too quick when at full throttle in the CP. You can DEFINITELY tell when it drops off of the air cusion eek!
I've stopped wrenching on the CP for now. :( I got big problems with the Syndicate engine and since it's the "Family Boat" it takes priority. frown
[ November 30, 2002, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
11-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah (had to go back and read again) we will have the CP at CFW. And as for the flats, they're all gonna tear me up if they can run 75mph :D :D
[ November 30, 2002, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangster
11-30-2002, 06:23 AM
850hp + CP Gullwing = 75mph eek! eek! eek!

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Sangster:
850hp + CP Gullwing = 75mph eek! eek! eek! Uh huh...yeah, I know :rolleyes:
My CP ain't a gullwing though....is a tunnel.
But yeah...75mph if I'm lucky and have a STRONG tailwind :D
[ November 30, 2002, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangster
11-30-2002, 06:43 AM
Seems like alot of HP in that type of boat to do 75mph...Who does your pump work? you should be able to turn a big pump with 850hp..Which should equate up in the 90s...BBT's, you Sandbaggin'... :D :D :D :D :D

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 07:02 AM
Sangster:
Seems like alot of HP in that type of boat to do 75mph...Who does your pump work? you should be able to turn a big pump with 850hp..Which should equate up in the 90s...BBT's, you Sandbaggin'... :D :D :D :D :D LOL...Ok Sangster. You got me. :cool: I don't know what the CP will do yet, but we will find out "officially" in March at the first NJBA race of the 2003 season. Which I do remember you saying that ya might run? :D
The pump has major work done to it, with more to come. I'm hoping I can push the boat into the 110mph range before March. Since those other 2 guys that I'll be running against (Joe Lakamp and Ron Segni) can run upwards into the 120mph, 8.50-9.00 range. If I can get the boat running CONSISTENT and straight in the 105-110 range, I should be ok.....Might win a few 3rd place trophies! LOL :D

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 07:05 AM
oh oh, wait a sec, Sandbaggin'? Who me? LOL. That ain't legal in NJBA... It wasn't me and you can't prove it :D

Sangster
11-30-2002, 07:25 AM
BBT's..Is that the same hull that Brian Gilday has.. He mentioned to me the other day he was gonna stick a blown deal in it for New Years.. wink wink But it's not in there yet.... :confused: :confused:

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 07:32 AM
Sangster:
BBT's..Is that the same hull that Brian Gilday has.. He mentioned to me the other day he was gonna stick a blown deal in it for New Years.. wink wink But it's not in there yet.... :confused: :confused: No, Bryan has a CP Gullwing. Blown motor huh? Should be interesting. I've been trying to talk Bryan into running his CP in NJBA but he says no...It's his ski boat. Bryan's CP is one nice boat that's for sure.
hmmm...Wonder what his CP would do with Greg's Brad Alcohol motor in it....
[ November 30, 2002, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 07:36 AM
Hey Sangster, Does Greg still have that Blower setup over there for sale? It was nice. Complete....chrome,carbs,belt,linkage, etc, for only $2000.00.
Ain't no way the Mrs would let me buy that for the family boat...but wink
[ November 30, 2002, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

cal***boat
11-30-2002, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes: Yea Jim your right you do need at least 850+ horsepower to make the old barge run 75mph because after all that boat does weigh in about 925lbs bare doesent it ???? LOL :rolleyes:
BTW I was cleaning the garage the other day and found the box that the Jetaway ratchet came in and it has all the warranty paper work and other stuff in it so when we hook up I will give it to ya.
As far me getting another boat real soon my wife changed that idea on me saturday. She went out and bought a BMW 740iL which now is in the garage with no place for a new boat.
I found a really trick Riviera Elite 20ft GN boat that a friend of mine has down in Santa Rosa that i could pick for real cheap that is turnkey but for now that will have to be put on hold.
:( :( :( frown

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 07:58 AM
cal***boat:
:rolleyes: Yea Jim your right you do need at least 850+ horsepower to make the old barge run 75mph because after all that boat does weigh in about 925lbs bare doesent it ???? LOL :rolleyes:
BTW I was cleaning the garage the other day and found the box that the Jetaway ratchet came in and it has all the warranty paper work and other stuff in it so when we hook up I will give it to ya.
As far me getting another boat real soon my wife changed that idea on me saturday. She went out and bought a BMW 740iL which now is in the garage with no place for a new boat.
I found a really trick Riviera Elite 20ft GN boat that a friend of mine has down in Santa Rosa that i could pick for real cheap that is turnkey but for now that will have to be put on hold.
:( :( :( :(Damn Women!! LOL BMW is nice though. I got the Mrs wanting to race boats now and I just paid off her car so I'm hoping that she wants to spend the $$ on the boats and not another car (?)
I have a Tahiti I'll sell ya cheap. It really is a heavy hull but would handle pretty good on that lake there by ya.
Yep....This CP sure is a heavy one alright :D

Jetboatguru
11-30-2002, 07:58 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
BBT's..Is that the same hull that Brian Gilday has.. He mentioned to me the other day he was gonna stick a blown deal in it for New Years.. wink wink But it's not in there yet.... :confused: :confused: No, Bryan has a CP Gullwing. Blown motor huh? Should be interesting. I've been trying to talk Bryan into running his CP in NJBA but he says no...It's his ski boat. Bryan's CP is one nice boat that's for sure.
hmmm...Wonder what his CP would do with Greg's Brad Alcohol motor in it....:D Guess who owned that boat before Brian? :D :D

Jetboatguru
11-30-2002, 08:00 AM
[ November 30, 2002, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 08:02 AM
Jetboatguru:
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
hmmm...Wonder what his CP would do with Greg's Brad Alcohol motor in it....:D Guess who owned that boat before Brian? :D :D No...it can't be! Would that be you Guru? Owning a Jet?

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Bryan's CP must have been one of the very first Gullwing's that Bill made....it's a 1979 I believe.

Jetboatguru
11-30-2002, 08:08 AM
I sold it to Brian. That thing ran great. Probably an 80-85. My wife raced Gregs eliminator at Bakersfield and ran 11.81 @ 88mph. Lost to Segni of course.

Jetboatguru
11-30-2002, 08:10 AM
BBT, if you are not busy, we are heading to Berryessa in about 15 minutes to run the flats. Smalls, Bag Pipes and I are all taking our boats. Come on up. We will be at Putah Creek.

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I think Segni has them 9.00 sec and SJ classes dialed in. Tough to beat. Cool that your wife is racing though. I think my wife will be racing before long. She just needs more seat time...

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 08:13 AM
Jetboatguru:
BBT, if you are not busy, we are heading to Berryessa in about 15 minutes to run the flats. Smalls, Bag Pipes and I are all taking our boats. Come on up. We will be at Putah Creek.thanks for the offer Guru, I would (and am very tempted) but I'm getting ready to take the Syndicate Jet up to the shop in Arbuckle to pull the engine. I've got big problems with it and want to get it fixed before CFW...

Sangster
11-30-2002, 08:14 AM
Guru.. How long you guys gonna be there..

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 08:16 AM
BigBoyToys:
Jetboatguru:
BBT, if you are not busy, we are heading to Berryessa in about 15 minutes to run the flats. Smalls, Bag Pipes and I are all taking our boats. Come on up. We will be at Putah Creek.thanks for the offer Guru, I would (and am very tempted) but I'm getting ready to take the Syndicate Jet up to the shop in Arbuckle to pull the engine. I've got big problems with it and want to get it fixed before CFW...Have a safe one up there. BTW, wife says to say "hi" and that I did get my Back rub AND foot massage. :D :D Thanks!
[ November 30, 2002, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Jetboatguru
11-30-2002, 08:48 AM
Sangster:
Guru.. How long you guys gonna be there..Check your email.

Wicky
11-30-2002, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal***boat:
[QB] :rolleyes: Yea Jim your right you do need at least 850+ horsepower to make the old barge run 75mph because after all that boat does weigh in about 925lbs bare doesent it ???? LOL :rolleyes:
I've got one of those 950lb barges. Except I only have 225 hp and I hit triple digits!!!
Sorry, had to rub it in!! Is that worth any member status stars???lol
:)
Wicky
[ November 30, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Wicky:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal***boat:
[QB] :rolleyes: Yea Jim your right you do need at least 850+ horsepower to make the old barge run 75mph because after all that boat does weigh in about 925lbs bare doesent it ???? LOL :rolleyes:
I've got one of those 950lb barges. Except I only have 225 hp and I hit triple digits!!!
Sorry, had to rub it in!! Is that worth any member status stars???lol
:)
Wickytriple digits? WOW!! I can only hope to go that fast someday. :cool:
[ November 30, 2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Wicky
11-30-2002, 08:32 PM
BBT,
I'd really like to see ya do it with a 225 horse big block chevy in a 950lb hull.
That would be most impressive!!! eek!

Sangster
11-30-2002, 08:36 PM
It could be done..Might take a mile or two..... :rolleyes:

Sangster
11-30-2002, 09:12 PM
...............BULLSHIT "A"....................... Sangster:
850hp + CP Gullwing = 75mph eek! eek! eek! Ok BBT's...Which one are ya gonna claim.....or do ya' want us to believe...
...............BULLSHIT"B"........................Hull Specifications
Hull: 1984 California Performance
Hull Type: Tunnel
Length: 18' 6"
Width: 80"
Construction Material: Kevlar
Estimated Top Speed: 110mph
Weight: 315 lbs
Engine Specifications
Engine Configuration: Big Block Chevrolet V-8
Displacement: 454ci
Horsepower: 650 (est.)
Carburetion: 2-750cfm Carburetors
Fuel Type: 115 Octane Racing Gasoline

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Sangster:
...............BULLSHIT "A"....................... Sangster:
850hp + CP Gullwing = 75mph eek! eek! eek! Ok BBT's...Which one are ya gonna claim.....or do ya' want us to believe...
...............BULLSHIT"B"........................Hull Specifications
Hull: 1984 California Performance
Hull Type: Tunnel
Length: 18' 6"
Width: 80"
Construction Material: Kevlar
Estimated Top Speed: 110mph
Weight: 315 lbs
Engine Specifications
Engine Configuration: Big Block Chevrolet V-8
Displacement: 454ci
Horsepower: 650 (est.)
Carburetion: 2-750cfm Carburetors
Fuel Type: 115 Octane Racing GasolineErrr...No comment. We'll be at CFW with the old barge though :D
[ December 01, 2002, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 10:10 PM
Oh!! Now I see! You've been to my website haven't ya!! LOL

BigBoyToys
12-01-2002, 05:33 AM
Wicky:
BBT,
I'd really like to see ya do it with a 225 horse big block chevy in a 950lb hull.
That would be most impressive!!! eek! Has there ever been a 225hp BBC? None that I know of (if hitting on all 8 that is)