PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Oklahoma missing a dragboat??

blowngas
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
there is an article in Dragboat Racing. Com where some guys on the east side of Oklahoma City were arrested for theft, and the cops found a dragboat, trailer, and big block chevy at his house----would hate to have it sit in an impound yard and the owner not know anything about it being found-----if anyone knows of a boat being missing, you might check it out

DUECE'SDAD
09-25-2006, 05:47 AM
The cops are the ones who steal the boats here. . . They make shit up about how blah blah blah, then impound, give you crap until you cant afford to get it out or they plain wont let ya, then they end up with it or sell it cheap to there buddies outta state. Seen it happen too many times. . .
Prog b tunnel was even done that way. Cops impounded it at a drug bust, harrassed the guys so much they couldnt get it out of impound, they thought they had it, but the impound guys cheap sold it to a friend of mine !!!! Then he sold it to prog b

blowngas
09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
damn, hate to hear that john law uses the system to his advantage-----really bad when the cops are on the take-----anyway, just saw it posted on the other site, and thought I would mention it-----I know if I had a boat stolen, I would like to know if anyone migh know anything about it

vdrivenman
09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
DD where do you get all your info ???
i worked auto theft for 7 years and i can show you stats where more paint and body guys were arrested for auto theft and possession of stolen parts than cops arrested for possessing stolen boats.
everything that comes out of your post is either negative or derogatory !
GET A LIFE !!

DUECE'SDAD
09-26-2006, 05:49 AM
I speak from fact and if you look it says HERE , Here in oklahoma. . . I can getcha facts and paper work but your not worth my time. The kid that bought your junk azz shovelnose that you ripped off bought a boat outta impound that the cops took from another guy with absolutely no grounds for seizure. . . Once a pig always a pig anyways. . . How close you live to san antonio ? ??

vdrivenman
09-26-2006, 07:23 AM
i may not be worthy of your time !!! if it is seized in Texas, has to be a probable cause /property hearing to hold someones property. the only other way it can be held if it is involved in a crime accident,death,property damage! once that charge is disposed of released back to owner.
i NEVER ripped anybody off. that is your opinion of which you are entitled to.
he bought that boat after full disclosure.he looked it over for several hours. his choice and i have not heard a complainant from him!
not sure what u mean by once a pig always a pig,but be mindful of what you say !
probably about 350 miles from san antonio strait down IH10 west bound.

BA Kurtis
09-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Anyone have any info on this boat?? Like what it is or were in Oklahoma it is, I tried calling the news paper that ran the artical and have not heard back.

DUECE'SDAD
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Hey deaver is that your boat, i know that you know how screwed up stuff is round here . . . and whos side the law is on ????

Devilman
09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
I would think that somebody that wasn't up to something shady, wouldn't have to worry about their stuff (car, boat, trailer, motor, etc.) getting confiscated by the law. If the cops "picked up" something (car, boat, trailer, motor, etc.) from some "guy", I'd be willing to bet it was somewhere it wasn't supposed to be... :rolleyes:

Dog
09-26-2006, 05:37 PM
I would think that somebody that wasn't up to something shady, wouldn't have to worry about their stuff (car, boat, trailer, motor, etc.) getting confiscated by the law. If the cops "picked up" something (car, boat, trailer, motor, etc.) from some "guy", I'd be willing to bet it was somewhere it wasn't supposed to be... :rolleyes:
Unless you are the 3rd or 4th person down the line who ends up with a boat that you think you bought legaly fair and square hand the guy your hard earned cash and shake his hand. Then over a year later and thousands of dollars later a guy walks up with a picture and a DPS title with no id numbers anywhere on a boat. The numbers on the title look nothing like a HIN. But OKPD impounds the boat anyway and a uninformed judge gives your boat away. If you ever buy a race boat without a HIN make sure you have a notorized bill of sale before you drive home or anyone with a picture can steal your boat. There are exceptions to every rule so don't judge every story till you know the whole story. :rolleyes:
I don't know anything about the stolen boat but with the way the news media reports stories it could be any kind of boat. From 30 ft to 10 ft they wouldn't know what a dragboat was. If anyone finds out where the boat is being stored someone might be able to get some information on it.

ONAROLL
09-27-2006, 01:30 AM
I speak from fact and if you look it says HERE , . . . Once a pig always a pig...
First job after seven years in the Corps.........Vic
oh yeah, glad they got the boat back............. :)

Devilman
09-27-2006, 04:09 AM
Unless you are the 3rd or 4th person down the line who ends up with a boat that you think you bought legaly fair and square hand the guy your hard earned cash and shake his hand. Then over a year later and thousands of dollars later a guy walks up with a picture and a DPS title with no id numbers anywhere on a boat. The numbers on the title look nothing like a HIN. But OKPD impounds the boat anyway and a uninformed judge gives your boat away. If you ever buy a race boat without a HIN make sure you have a notorized bill of sale before you drive home or anyone with a picture can steal your boat. There are exceptions to every rule so don't judge every story till you know the whole story. :rolleyes:
I don't know anything about the stolen boat but with the way the news media reports stories it could be any kind of boat. From 30 ft to 10 ft they wouldn't know what a dragboat was. If anyone finds out where the boat is being stored someone might be able to get some information on it.
Agreed, always exceptions to the rule. I was talking in general & with your post I see its more than that in this particular situation. Not tryin to step on anybody's toes.... Carry on. :cool:

DUECE'SDAD
09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=ONAROLL]First job after seven years in the Corps.........Vic
QUOTE]
Securty guarding at night around an electronics company w/ out a gun doesnt count !!! You wish you were a pig !!! One of my pig buddies (and hes is crooooooooooked as hell !!!! ) says its only a job. . . no different than workin at burger king

Pee Dub
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
One of my pig buddies (and hes is crooooooooooked as hell !!!! )[/QUOTE]
Vic, he talkin bout you?
Let me know when you are ready to do my seats. I think me season is over.
Later,
Chuck

taylormanss
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
What does D D stand for dueces dad ? or dumb as dogshit? vdrivenman is a buddy of mine and I only live 140 miles from san antonio. I guess I'm a federal piggy seeing how I'm in the coast guard you know what you talk alot of shit.If ya feel like coming down this way come on.I'm sure one of us cops can accommidate you!If your buddy who bought vdrivenmans shovelnose isn't satisfied with it put his number on here or tell him to get up with me I'll take it,that is as long as you idiots didn't cut it up yet.

BA Kurtis
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Any of you guy's in Oklahoma know anything about this boat that was found? I am having a hard time gettin any info on it, I had a boat stollen here in So. Cal. last yr. any help, thank's

BLOWNDEAVER
09-28-2006, 07:23 PM
BAKURTIS, my info is jet drive, can also see post on dragboatracing.com under advertisement, BUT TO GET TO THE POINT ON B-S ABOUT BOATS IN OKLAHOMA, Dog and I went over a year and a half ago,i was looking for hydro and someone on this forum pointed me in the direction of a boat for sale, viewed a kurtis 500 for sale, (viewed twice) went back paid cash, got hand written bill of sale,brought it home ,replaced complete floor and stringers,reworked alot of hardware,BOUGHT AND BUILT new 540 blown alcohol motor, got togather,then took boat to BRICKTOWN RACE IN OKC,after dogs extremely impressive half track pass ( haha) headed back to pit and was informed by officer i had a stolen boat, a man told the cops -HE GAVE HIS BOAT TO MIKE,TO SELL FOR HIM, when i was questioned I STATED AND MY BILL OF SALE SAYS MIKE SOLD TO ME!!!!!!!, after that the okc police officers impounded my boat on site , no other questions asked, after detective was done we went to property court, even though ROBERT turned his property over to MIKE (AND STATED THAT IN REPORT AND COURT) to sell for him.It was determined that robert still owned boat ---------even though ROBERT AND MIKE WERE BUSSINESS PARTNERS,AND HE GAVE TO MIKE TO SELL, SO IF THIS IS NOT BUL;LSH.T WHAT IS :mad: BUT THERE ARE PENDING COURT DATES STILL- and i hope everyone involved READS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :argue:

DUECE'SDAD
09-29-2006, 02:50 AM
What does D D stand for dueces dad ? or dumb as dogshit? vdrivenman is a buddy of mine and I only live 140 miles from san antonio. I guess I'm a federal piggy seeing how I'm in the coast guard you know what you talk alot of shit.If ya feel like coming down this way come on.I'm sure one of us cops can accommidate you!If your buddy who bought vdrivenmans shovelnose isn't satisfied with it put his number on here or tell him to get up with me I'll take it,that is as long as you idiots didn't cut it up yet.
6k !!!!!! You guys are gettin all messed up about some joking around !!! I got broad shoulders, i can take your makin fun of mine and my kids name and you other shitty remarks !!!! Im not a wussy keep'em comin if it makes you feel big!!! I was inviting you guys up to the drags in san anton to meet me !! I stay pretty busy in the pit .

vdrivenman
09-29-2006, 03:46 AM
let's put a stop to this before it gets outta hand.i don't come on here to get into arguements or disagreements with anyone. i certainly don't want anyone on a boating board angry with me. I deal with enough angry,hurt,upset,distraught peeps everyday.
1st of all based on the info provided(in Texas) that is not enough to seize one's property. there would have to been an offense report,some points of personal id if the hull had no hin or vin and some investigation before seizing a mans boat.
are OK boats titled like a vehcile or just registered and the trailer titled??
if it was seized,at that point the LE agency becomes liable,so it would have to have been covered,garaged,whatever to prevent liability.
i have been through this with race cars(no mine can't afford the hobby)but these were actually reported stolen years ago and then in an inspection for a title a secondary number found and it was actually stolen.
went to a property hearing and the judge returned the rolling chassis back to the original owner,2nd owner got to retain motor & drivetrain.
DD you do come across brash at times. as far as the hydro i felt confident in selling it. you can inquire on the boards anything i've sold i am open and honest,do no try & hide anything. because i want the same respect.
you of all people with your talent should be able to visualize from things in the rough condition to a finished peice of work.
if he wants to sell the shovelnose tell him to post it up. i had plenty of inquires after it was sold.
as for the PIG remark,PRIDE,INTERGITY, & GUTS, likewise i got big shoulders been called a lot worse and take as your opinion or maybe a private joke tween you and one of your bud's, but to loop all po's as crooked and dirty is the same as linking all p & b guys into the same barrel.not so !
don't know OK law so i am sure things are different. did u hire an attorney and get some type injunction to keep him from disposing of the boat and was he awarded the entire rig??? seems the judical system is at fault here and not the po,but based on the info at hand i would not have seized the boat.
what type litigation is pending??
hope this ends the josting !

Infomaniac
09-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Thanks for kissing and making up.
Thought I might have to "police" this thread.

ONAROLL
10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Vic, he talkin bout you?
Let me know when you are ready to do my seats. I think me season is over.
Later,
Chuck[/QUOTE]
pm sent........Vic

DUECE'SDAD
10-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Okay, i surrender !!!! Your right there is usually two or three people on here that i am joking with on threads at either times and generally people take it all wrong. I will quit talking about the shovelnose cuz really I couldnt care, the guy that has it is actually a dork and never does anything with any of his projects. . . . But i knew after the first time i ribbed you about the condition you got offended, so i thought it was funny to bring it up from time to time but i will now quit !!!
97% of my posts are oponionated bull sheip based on fact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, i found some pretty nice water down thru waco, austin and even near san antonio, i may have to bring one of my boats down next year, I thought all the water in texas was red and muddy like texhoma

vdrivenman
10-02-2006, 08:03 AM
come to find out you're quite a Jokester and just really enjoy it (agitating)and that is great! i just don't tolerate it too well!
we really have some very nice lakes in Texas. the ones down where i live are not anything like canyon or any of the colorado fed stuff, but sam rayburn and toledo are nice clean fresh water lakes,with sandy beaches. they are both very large and offer lots of places to hang out.
both are pretty open and can get rough at times and are made for generating electricity,not for recrerational boaters or fisherman.
we plan on trying to make a couple of boating ventures next year!

olbiezer
10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
taylorman u are in the coast guard? i heard that all coast guardsmen have to be 6 ft tall.......so they can wade ashore if there boat sinks........old navy joke.......spent 4 in the navy 69 to 73 and never even saw a boat lol :) :rollside:

taylormanss
10-05-2006, 07:09 PM
it's true ,not a myth olbeizer! I'm 6' 4"

blowngas
10-06-2006, 03:06 PM
apparently the owner of the boat got it back, according to a post on the dragboat site-----"the owner got the boat back and it was trashed it was a tx19 thanks for posting the report the jerk driving the pickup stole the truck from his parents . and the bbc was out of the boat they started sanding and priming the boat all of the controls was cut out of the fiberglass and the buttholes are probaly just get a slap on the writs but one of them is one of my friends brother he is scared to show his face ."------well, hopefully they will get more than a slap on the wrist------like a good kick in the ass!!!

sleekcrafter
10-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry but that offence is worthy of CASTRATION!!!!!