PDA

View Full Version : Question for you techies...

locogringo
09-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Okay, we have Voom satellite here at the home and direct tv in Havasu.
Just picked up 3 direct tv receivers, and a dish form one of our other houses.
My question is, is there a way I can start using these direct tv's without "technically" becoming a member or do I need to sign up? I don't like the programming in Havaasu due to it being AZ broadcast. Should I cancel that subscription and open a new one here, and then have that for out there as well, or, should I try to get it by "non-conventional" means for here?
SOme of our friends have Direct TV here and buy an extra dish and receiver and put it out at the river but not exactly sure how that works.
Being that it is 10:15 at night here and that it just came to my mind, thought I'd start buggn' on here b4 I call people tomorrow.
DB

Jesster
09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
You can add a subscription to your home account and take the reciever you registered to Havasu and hook it up there. Then you just have the charge for the extra reciever something like 5.00 buck a month. There are also ways with Dish to get it all for free but I wouldn't know about that. :rolleyes: Easiest and best bet is to do the 1st example.

JetBoatRich
09-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Like said above, sign up at home and take the EXTRA receiver to the Havasu House :cool:

RitcheyRch
09-25-2006, 04:14 AM
What he said. Know a few people that do that.
Like said above, sign up at home and take the EXTRA receiver to the Havasu House :cool:

VanDeano
09-25-2006, 04:27 AM
You can add a subscription to your home account and take the reciever you registered to Havasu and hook it up there. Then you just have the charge for the extra reciever something like 5.00 buck a month. There are also ways with Dish to get it all for free but I wouldn't know about that. :rolleyes: Easiest and best bet is to do the 1st example.
I don't think its a good idea to be posting any info about getting Dish for free. Somethings are just better left a secret. Just look what happen with Direct TV.

Hardly Satisfied
09-25-2006, 07:53 AM
No need to pick up a extrs recever unless you want to leave it up in havasu just take one with you each time you go up and you will get all the LA locals channels. the only thing I thing is defferent is when we turn our clocks back that you will watch the shows a hour early.

Jesster
09-25-2006, 08:07 AM
I don't think its a good idea to be posting any info about getting Dish for free. Somethings are just better left a secret. Just look what happen with Direct TV.
I didn't post any info and I don't know anything about that, other than people do it.