PDA

View Full Version : trying to post pics

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
im trying to post pics from my camera it is a kodak easyshare when i try yo upload them from photobucket and another site it is too big or invalid i am ready to take my shotgun to my camera.
when i try to email the pics very few people get them!

Rexone
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
You need to get a simple image resizing program, XP has one included I believe although I've never used it. There are several free ones available online. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+image+resize+program)
Size them to about 600 px wide at 72 dpi, in jpg or gif format. Avoid bitmap files they are huge.

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
If my memory serves me here. being on a Linux machine I'll try to remember this. It's been a while so bear with me.
Win 3.5/ 95/98/ME/2000/XP all have the imaging prog. Paint. you can resize with paint.
First move all the images from the camera to a folder on your computer.... I usually make one on the desktop to work with then when I'm finished with it move it to it's perm. home later...
If the images are .BMP format it's usually well enough to just save them as .JPG or .Gif as Mike stated.
Right click the file to open and choose open with. look for Paint in the program options and select it. once the file is open in Paint click file at the top left and select Save As. click the arrow in the bottom dialog box and select .jpg then select OK. just remember to chose where you want the new file saved (usually it's the same folder as the orig .Bmp by default) if you need to rezize the pic also.
while the image is open in Paint select the image tab and select stretch/skew it will give you size options there. once resized select file then save as... ect.... as before.
It may not be exactly like I stated but it's damn close.
Have Fun & Good Luck
C.T. :wink:

Riverless
09-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Napalm,
Do you know if you have Microsoft Office 2003? If, so, there is a wonderful little program called Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Find it under Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Office Picture Manager. By using the "Edit Pictures" button you can easily resize your images for the web, email, or print. Very easy to use.
Riverless

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
when i save as it has a bmd at the end in my paint there is no jmp or jpeg in save as type i got it to resize but it still says invalid file

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 02:37 PM
You should see the .Jpg and other options where you see it here in this screen shot. just click the arrow by the box that shows .bmp it should open up to show you several format options.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127commin_at_cha1.JPG

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
it doesnt come up when i click on save as type just the 16 256 24 bit bmb comes up no jpeg

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
If you're running Win XP you can try opening the resized pic in Windows Picture and fax viewer and see if that gives you the .Jpg option in the save as dialog . It's the little floppy disk icon at the bottom of the window.
I'm not sure why Paint isn't giving you the .Jpg option :confused:
Other than those two programs there isn't any way to convert the file to .Jpg other than finding out why Paint is missing the .Jpg codec Or downloading and installing another image editor which is what I was trying to keep you from having to do. The Google results Mike posted would be my next move if the Image and fax viewer doesn't do it.
May try updating Windooze. or concider switching to Linux :D
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Riverless
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
are you running an older version of windows? in older versions of windows pre-windows xp, i don't think you can save images as jpegs, just bmp.
p.s. did your kodak easyshare come with some photo editing software? those cameras are suppose to make things "easy" for the user. get it? "easyshare"

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 03:18 PM
are you running an older version of windows? in older versions of windows pre-windows xp, i don't think you can save images as jpegs, just bmp.
You may be right there. It's been a few years since I ran a Win Fat OS.
I know the option is in the NT OS Because I just booted them. NT 2K & XP. Haven't screwed with Longhorn err Vista yet.
I'm firing up the old Win 9x laptop now just out of couriosity....

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
i have millenium and i have the pics in my kodak program but sharing them is not easy

Riverless
09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
napalm,
that is a bummer. i do computer support for a living, but never worked with millenium, but, i'm pretty sure paint is not going to give you the jpeg option in millenium based on what you have told us. i think your best bet is going with the software that came with your camera, if it works with windows millenium. check the cd and see if it lists millenium as one of the supported operating systems.

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Millenium or ME is suppose to be a multimedia enhanced version of 98. still FAT32 sys.
The project started out with ME being short for Multimedia Edition but as Microsnot got to the end of development they discovered it didn't do Multimedia worth a shit so they renamed the project Millenium Edition. This comming from one of the members of the development team that I'm good friends with. :D
If you have the Easy share software you should be able to find the .jpg option there also.
Look around those google results Mike posted. Surely there's an cheesy easy photo editor there that will give you the options easily.
Since I'm booted to the windooze partition on this machine I'll have a look too. Maybe we can find you something that will work.

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Here (http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Graphics_Editors/ImRe_Download.html)
Free But I cant vouch for it not having some sort of questionable .dll files :D

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Another freebe (http://www.realfiletools.com/free/photo-resize.htm) If you want to do a bunch at the same time ( Batch Files)

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 05:59 PM
i went and got one a friend burnt for me it is called LView pro but if that doesn't work i will try the ones you posted.
Thanks all for the help

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
try this

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
again

**NAPALM**
09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
bitchen! thanks!

Rexone
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18064
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18065

**NAPALM**
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
i haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

**NAPALM**
09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
trying again

Riverless
09-27-2006, 06:08 AM
this link explains how to post pics, go down to the section that says Image Size & Picture Posting
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/announcement.php?f=20

Boataholic
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
[IMG]Emailing: IMG_0572[Emailing: IMG_0572/IMG]