PDA

View Full Version : Havasu This Weekend

CJ Skier
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
After seeing all this discussion about low water levels and the trip from Laughlin to Havasu, my brother and I have decided to :crossx: set out on an expedition this weekend. I am leaving my Nautique behind and we are taking a 14 foot aluminum boat (Lowe) from Laughlin to Havasu.
No hurry, just explore and float and take our time. I figure eventually we should reach the sandbar.
So, if you see a couple of guys in a white aluminum boat with a 25hp Johnson outboard (I know it is not a 300HP Merc...) floating by you come on over as we will have plenty of cold drinks. :)
Should be a blast!
Maybe we could even start a contest about how long it will take us and more importantly, if we ever make it back. :crossx:
Take care
CJ

Nord
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
My parents launched out of Jack Smith today and had no problems from there.....through Topock......Sandbar........and onto Havasupi.
I don't think you will have a problem

Bradman
09-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe we could even start a contest about how long it will take us and more importantly, if we ever make it back. :crossx:
CJ
My guess would be 12 pak of beer for the trip down. One case for the sandbar and 1-1/2 cases for the trip back. :) :)

shueman
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
That's a looooong way in a fishing boat....!!! You'd better think about heading back by 3pm or you'll run out of sunlight.... :220v:

CJ Skier
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the input.
We will bring plenty to drink. Feel free to say hi and identify yourself as a ***boat peep. The boat has running lights so we should be ok if it gets dark on the way back.
CJ

shueman
09-25-2006, 05:56 PM
....The boat has running lights so we should be ok if it gets dark on the way back.
CJ
That'll work....!! Lots of cool backwater areas you can explore that you would normally just power by.... :cool: