PDA

View Full Version : new stringers and veneer floor

flattie
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Anyone have some step by step instructions on replacing stringers and the veneer floor? Also anythings that should be thought of before starting or while doing? Also any pic?

502 JET
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
First make sure you enjoy itching and skin iritation. :rollside:
Once you get used to that it's a breeze.
Take several measurements and and photos before cutting.Make drawings/blueprints marking locations of your hardware so you dont get lost later on when it comes time to drill the new stringers.
Dont cut through the hull when removing the wood you will have to fix it later if you do.
Use quality materials when reassembling and it will last for ever.
Although it is a jet boat check out Delaware Daves (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104265) thread for some ideas.
Here is Snake321 (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116941) jet hull rebuild.

dmontzsta
09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I would leave this one up to the pros, especially if you are asking for step by step instructions. Working with glass is tricky and you have to have the experience, you can really mess things up.

flattie
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Well my dad has built a few popped a few molds off of boats and layed up a few eliminator jets. and is head guy in the fiberglass department for Enstom Helicopters. The fiberglassing isnt thr problem at all. I just want to be aware of everything before. I bring him in on the project. I would like to know myself so I can be very prepared if you know what I mean

dmontzsta
09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Ahhh...hopefully someone can help you. I really do not think there is step by step instructions and pics though. I know replacing the actual wood, is pretty advanced! Good luck...

FlatStupid
09-25-2006, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=flattie]Anyone have some step by step instructions on replacing stringers and the veneer floor? Also anythings that should be thought of before starting or while doing? Also any pic?[/QUOTE FIND AN EXPERT YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flattie
09-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Well thanks for the Moron Bash! You act like I dont know anything. Im pretty sure i can tackle a simple little project like this I have done alot in my life here are a few things I built in the last couple of years. and mind you Im only 30 years old http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/514/709DSC02212-med.JPG

flattie
09-26-2006, 05:04 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/709DSC02612.JPG

flattie
09-26-2006, 05:05 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/709DSC03916.JPG

flattie
09-26-2006, 05:09 AM
everything is hand built on the chopper and the hot rod Im sure I can tackle a floor and stringers in a boat http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/709DSC02911.JPG

vdriver4ever
09-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Awsome work... looks to me like you won't have any problems!

GofastRacer
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Nice stuff, love that roadster!.. :cool:

dmontzsta
09-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Nice toys. I wasnt bashing you, just letting you know it is very difficult.
The floors are basically gel/glass/wood/glass. Taking the wood out is VERY tricky. I had my entire floor replaced (glass only) and watched my friends (who have worked with glass forever) do it, that was something I would have been over my head with and that wasnt even pulling up the wood.

BT273.
09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Nice toys. I wasnt bashing you, just letting you know it is very difficult.
The floors are basically gel/glass/wood/glass. Taking the wood out is VERY tricky. I had my entire floor replaced (glass only) and watched my friends (who have worked with glass forever) do it, that was something I would have been over my head with and that wasnt even pulling up the wood.
The only thing over your head is Kim Hansons Belly Button and his wood you pull.... Donald Dumba@s

lucky
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
The only thing over your head is Kim Hansons Belly Button and his wood you pull.... Donald Dumba@s
I take back anything i have ever said bad about you lmao -- and i promise RRR will give ya reach around - While Frank is giving lip service :) :rolleyes:

P-Money
09-26-2006, 10:42 AM
You practice on yours Rick, then when your done, I've got 2 to ship your way!
:)

Morg
09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Don't know about the stringers, I did my floors a couple of years ago. Made a few mistakes that I would be happy to share. Send me a pm.

dmontzsta
09-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Great job, now go climb back under his sack, where you belong and next time...no peeking when I visit!...troll.

BT273.
09-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Great job, now go climb back under his sack, where you belong and next time...no peeking when I visit!...troll.
Sorry "D" I have a Mullet. Again I do not qualify nor would I try. Keep it shaved as he likes according to you donnie, you bald little man, Hanson loving, s and m, Faggott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now git back to Bench Racers wannabbee and stop the swingin..

dmontzsta
09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Sorry "D" I have a Mullet. Again I do not qualify nor would I try. Keep it shaved as he likes according to you donnie, you bald little man, Hanson loving, s and m, Faggott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now git back to Bench Racers wannabbee and stop the swingin..
You have a mullet? PERFECT! Then you fit right in with Kim (Trailer Parks and Mullets) That is right up his back alley. I guess it would be Boy in the front and Girl in the back? :crossx: :)

FlatStupid
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Well thanks for the Moron Bash! You act like I dont know anything. Im pretty sure i can tackle a simple little project like this I have done alot in my life here are a few things I built in the last couple of years. and mind you Im only 30 years old http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/514/709DSC02212-med.JPGFlattie just playing around. Its all good!

lucky
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Flattie just playing around. Its all good!
suck ass :) lol - see ya in Phoenix

stickmann
09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
I put a new balsa floor in John Fox's Comp Jet back in the day and it was a difficult job. I also replaced the stringers in a '62 18' Starfire. The main trouble is keeping the bottom straight as you do the work, especially when the stringers are out of the boat. The bottom becomes very flexible; a precise jig is needed. Find an experienced boatbuilder. It's easy to turn a runner into a ill handling sled without too much trouble.

FlatStupid
09-26-2006, 05:50 PM
suck ass :) lol - see ya in Phoenix
Well f---k, He never mentioned he had skills!!!!!!!!! :D

502 JET
09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
What would the average price be for an expert to do this job?
Good bad high low $$$$ lets hear it.

BT273.
09-26-2006, 06:57 PM
You have a mullet? PERFECT! Then you fit right in with Kim (Trailer Parks and Mullets) That is right up his back alley. I guess it would be Boy in the front and Girl in the back? :crossx: :)
Donnie just like a circle boat race, ooooopppssss you have never been in one go around the circle and try again.

dmontzsta
09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Donnie just like a circle boat race, ooooopppssss you have never been in one go around the circle and try again.
Good one Queen!

Life's Rough
09-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Well f---k, He never mentioned he had skills!!!!!!!!! :D
Not only does he have SKILLS check out the K-711 shirt,He is part of our fan club,Thanks Flattie.
CK I will see you Thursday.
P.S. I think it's your turn on the on the KETTLE 1.

P-Money
09-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Flattie, what hull is the boat, and do you have any other pics of the inside and on the trailer?
5/8 Sanger Bubbledeck Runner

FlatStupid
09-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Not only does he have SKILLS check out the K-711 shirt,He is part of our fan club,Thanks Flattie.
CK I will see you Thursday.
P.S. I think it's your turn on the on the KETTLE 1.Ill be there friday and I will be financially embarassed so you will be buying again sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya chief! But I will have a boat there unlike the rest of the GAY FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K fags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!