PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a lowered escalade or denali???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Has anyone lower a denali or escalade in here with all wheel drive? I am looking for a good lowering kit but one company(McGaughy's) says that you have to use spindles and not torsion keys. Any info would be appreciated...

Cat & Mice
09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Go with the McGaughy's! it is the only system for all-wheel drive that does not change the geometry.
it is the best kit. I have a buddy that just put a different kit on his Denali and hated it. I have the McGaughy's drop kit on my 3500 4x4 and it is great.
MP

dmontzsta
09-25-2006, 07:16 PM
WTF? This is ***boat!...Not ICY HOT STUNTAZ! Shit...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Stuntaz.jpg
:)

Mr. Crusader 83
09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
you want to use spindles NOT torsions anyways. torsions give you camber. camber is bad. unless you like buyn tires. i have had alot of slammed trucks. if they offer it go with the spindles. you will be very happy.

HOSS
09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
If you lower it your gay.

Tom Brown
09-25-2006, 07:28 PM
anyone have a lowered escalade or denali???
Are you kidding? This is ***boat. I expect everyone has a lowered Escalade or Denali.

Jordy
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Just add a few more 12's and you'll be golden. Just don't lower it so far that the fender wells get tangled up with the spinnin' wheels. :D :D :D

Nord
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Just add a few more 12's and you'll be golden. Just don't lower it so far that the fender wells get tangled up with the spinnin' wheels. :D :D :D
lol
"THEY SPINNIN.......THEY SPINNIN........."

HOSS
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I saw too many spinners after Katrina,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
UMMMMMM,,,,YUMMMMMMMMMM GOD BLESSED TEXAS :boxed:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Go with the McGaughy's! it is the only system for all-wheel drive that does not change the geometry.
it is the best kit. I have a buddy that just put a different kit on his Denali and hated it. I have the McGaughy's drop kit on my 3500 4x4 and it is great.
MP
Thats the answer that I was looking for. I was thinking about using that kit which is 2" spindle and adding a 1" key. If I add the 1" key I can correct the geometry no problem. Its just trying to correcting it with 3" key is much more difficult. Thanks for the info;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Stuntaz.jpg
Damn donald, why did you have to put up your highschool pic??????????? I noticed that you havent gained weight yet. You still look like a basehead:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I dnt think I need anymore! I only have 8!!!! The spinners are gone, I pulled them off last weekend......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
If you lower it your gay.
and only you would know about GAY.....

blackcloud75
09-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Lifted Escalades are GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
here ya go jordy, this is the latest addition:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2398mtx2.jpg

beerjet
09-25-2006, 10:36 PM
:hammer2: Not nearly enough speakers .:crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2398mtx2.jpg

a catered life
09-26-2006, 06:38 AM
those days of lowering a truck are over.....tired of the ride :yuk: tired of the look :yuk: and the price of tire replacement :cry:
if i spend 50 for it i want to keep it as close to 50 as possible :)

lawbreaker2
09-26-2006, 06:55 AM
They sure look bad, But put them in my hood and they will be crying like a baby. :rolleyes: "Farm land" shit well take them out to the back 40 and pop a cap in there a$$, in a few days they will smell like a dead cow and nobody will care. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-26-2006, 06:57 AM
I have always been curious about this....why on earth would you lower an Escalade or Denali or truck or any car/truck/suv for that matter? I am not making fun, just wondering why people do this? I know it makes picking lettuce easier.....just kidding!!!! :D
Lifted is way sexy, lowered....not so much! But that is just my opinion. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings. :p
:rollside:

a catered life
09-26-2006, 07:10 AM
i agree i did it in my younger days and even now i have a lowered acura but i bought it used like that and its for communting purposes only.....since i take the angeles crest it handles the road really awesome but i would never lower a expensive truck

Big Kahunaa
09-26-2006, 07:59 AM
slam that fu??er just like any thing you do it right it will ride better and handle better than stock and how many performace cars or trucks do you see lifted

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I have always been curious about this....why on earth would you lower an Escalade or Denali or truck or any car/truck/suv for that matter? I am not making fun, just wondering why people do this? I know it makes picking lettuce easier.....just kidding!!!! :D
Lifted is way sexy, lowered....not so much! But that is just my opinion. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings. :p
and I dont understand why people lift a truck 12" in the air:confused: but if that makes them happy so be it. I want to lower my truck to fill the fender well gap. Plus it will improve the handling of the vehicle. I lowered my lexus and it handles like a dream......

beerjet
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
and I dont understand why people lift a truck 12" in the air:confused: but if that makes them happy so be it. I want to lower my truck to fill the fender well gap. Plus it will improve the handling of the vehicle. I lowered my lexus and it handles like a dream......
No no no no, Why do people lift 2wd trucks 12" and put mud tires on them :confused: :confused: :confused: That's like haveing a big dick that dont work. :confused:
-beerjet-

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok, so the answer is it handles better? But what good or use is a truck that is lowered? Our trucks are not lifted but I do like the look of them lifted. And I guess you like the look of lowered?? I guess to each his own.
:boxed:

Her454
09-26-2006, 09:50 AM
No no no no, Why do people lift 2wd trucks 12" and put mud tires on them :confused: :confused: :confused: That's like haveing a big dick that dont work. :confused:
-beerjet-
ROTFLMAO! Thats classic!

mbrown2
09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Our trucks are not lifted but I do like the look of them lifted. And I guess you like the look of lowered?? I guess to each his own.
That should pretty much sum it....Some like stock, some like lifts, some like lowered...
Some like blowers, some like stock, some like turbo's, and some like whipples...something for everyone...
It blows me away the haterade that flows on this board...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok, so the answer is it handles better? But what good or use is a truck that is lowered? Our trucks are not lifted but I do like the look of them lifted. And I guess you like the look of lowered?? I guess to each his own.
yup;) I will be lowered and shaking windows with 8 subs:D To each my own;);)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-26-2006, 11:01 AM
That should pretty much sum it....Some like stock, some like lifts, some like lowered...
Some like blowers, some like stock, some like turbo's, and some like whipples...something for everyone...
It blows me away the haterade that flows on this board...
I wasn't haterading...I was genuiniely curious as to why people lower stuff. Thats all.

beerjet
09-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I wasn't haterading...I was genuiniely curious as to why people lower stuff. Thats all.
ditto for myself. :rollside:
-beerjet-

460 jus getn it
09-26-2006, 11:36 AM
-beerjet-
No that is funny right there.............................LMAO

mbrown2
09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
ditto for myself. :rollside:
-beerjet-
-beerjet-
Hmmm...the quote above appears as hating not curiosity......
lot's of prerunners have lift with desert tires on them..again to each his own.

mbrown2
09-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I consider the lettuce comment as hating (funny :) but hating)....if you were only curious you would have stopped at the question mark.
I think there are room for dropped vehicles and lifted vehicles....personnally I think lowered SUV's done right handle much better....lifted trucks are better off road but it is mainly the cool factor....Just struck me wrong when the guy asked a question and got a whole slew of backlash cause it was not considered cool in "those" folks view..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-26-2006, 07:35 PM
I consider the lettuce comment as hating (funny :) but hating)....if you were only curious you would have stopped at the question mark.
I think there are room for dropped vehicles and lifted vehicles....personnally I think lowered SUV's done right handle much better....lifted trucks are better off road but it is mainly the cool factor....Just struck me wrong when the guy asked a question and got a whole slew of backlash cause it was not considered cool in "those" folks view..
Very true....

Tom Brown
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
How long have you been so judgmental, Mike? :idea:
It's too bad. Judging people tends to cause a lot of stress.

mbrown2
09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
How long have you been so judgmental, Mike? :idea:
It's too bad. Judging people tends to cause a lot of stress.
Changed my bran brands....and the transition has me a little stopped up...tend to scrutinize a little more :)

Tom Brown
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Changed my bran brands....and the transition has me a little stopped up...tend to scrutinize a little more :)
You're a cool guy, Mike. I wish you a happy and stress free life. :)

Marty Gras
09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I like lowered, but I don't think that 2" is enough for the Cad. I went off on my first post (retracted) because I don't get the "big jacked up stuff". Seeing all of the frame, 49 shocks and little 1/2 ton axles with 45 degree angles on the "U" joints makes no sence to me. REAL off road racers build trucks that WILL NOT TIP OVER AT HIGH SPEEDS. I understand that a lot of people like the "jacked up stuff", but I don't think I'll ever 'get it'. I'm leaving my ESV stock height, and putting 22's on that will fill the fenderwells. Maybe a turbo kit next year to "make it new again".

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok so I lowered the ride last weekend and all I can say is WOW!!! The handling is superb!!! The ride is still smooth and I lost the body roll. The 2/3 mcgaughy's kit is killer. My wheels look bigger as well. Next set is new swaybars and it should be good to go....

Big Kahunaa
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
pic's damit

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm leaving my ESV stock height, and putting 22's on that will fill the fenderwells. Maybe a turbo kit next year to "make it new again".
22's will NOT fill the fenderwells. I have 22's and they didnt do it. Not it looks alot better with the kit on there....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-04-2006, 01:43 PM
pic's damit
I snap a few when I get off work;)

Marty Gras
10-04-2006, 08:51 PM
What size tires didn't fit?

RiverPirate
10-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Sort of on the subject.....I have a friend with an 02 Escalade lowered on air bags. It's a long story.....he would like to return it to stock condition if anyone has their old parts they want to make a few dollars off them. PM me. Sorry for jackin the thread. RP

gqchris
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
22's will NOT fill the fenderwells. I have 22's and they didnt do it. Not it looks alot better with the kit on there....
I have 22's on my Expedition. They do NOT fill the fenderwell. 26's would be the ticket
But, I just got back from the OC auto Show, damn, makes me feel tiny with my lil 22's.
Mike I lowered my Expy with the springs from Eibach, not sure if it is same setup, wish I could have gone lower, it is a 2/2 and not enough.

gqchris
10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Sort of on the subject.....I have a friend with an 02 Escalade lowered on air bags. It's a long story.....he would like to return it to stock condition if anyone has their old parts they want to make a few dollars off them. PM me. Sorry for jackin the thread. RP
Hey River Pirate, why is he going back to stock, I have been contemplating Airbags.

Mrs.Killer
10-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Has anyone lower a denali or escalade in here with all wheel drive? I am looking for a good lowering kit but one company(McGaughy's) says that you have to use spindles and not torsion keys. Any info would be appreciated...
Why would anyone do such a thing to such a nice car. Why mess up the smooth ride??????????????

Jbb
10-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Why would anyone do such a thing to such a nice car. Why mess up the smooth ride??????????????
I would not alter mine...the ride is too smooth.... :p

BadKachina
10-05-2006, 06:47 AM
How about an air bag kit?
Aim Industries (http://www.truckn-store.com/default.asp?redir=1)

Deano
10-05-2006, 08:00 AM
The ride is the same. A 2/3 drop on a denali/esc looks really good. It just brings it down enough to look "right", not low.

RiverPirate
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Chirs, he doesn't like the ride, mostly on the freeway. The guys that did the work notched the frame and put alot of work into it. The look is cool, 23's, etc., but the ride sucks. I guess it all depends on what your looking for. I would have kept it stock myself.

ratso
10-05-2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/robots/lowrider.htm