PDA

View Full Version : Killin V-Drives with Jet Drives

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 09:46 AM
I got a 35' single engine jet drive with a ZZZZ impeller, and Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp motor with NOS (.75 hp kit). It does 187mph and goes through the 1/4 in 6.75sec at 134mph.
I bet this rig will blow any V-Drive out of water.
Oh, I've been inhaling too much NOS while doing beer bongs again. Guess I'm tellin tall tales again. hehe

126driver
07-20-2001, 12:00 PM
All jet boats go 100 MPH, don't they? Hey! Pass that beer bong.
Scott
[This message has been edited by 126driver (edited July 20, 2001).]

126driver
07-20-2001, 12:04 PM
Stupid smiley-face-thingy. Gotta remember to change it when posting.

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 12:55 PM
100km is the correct speed (50-55 mph) Inverted to MPH with the correct quantity of beer or equivalent.

superdave013
07-20-2001, 12:59 PM
rivercrazy, haha, you made it here! whoo hoo! Now you know why I post at the jet board from time to time. Any way, I got a 42' v-drive with a -10% gear and a 250" pitch prop & an old worn out weed wacker engine on nitro. (engine came off the kids go ped) You better ru and hide when you see me coming down the river! hahaha

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 01:10 PM
LOL!!!!
Lets race and make a really large bet!

HAVNAFIT
07-20-2001, 02:08 PM
jet guys wont help me so I will try you all.if I want to convert from jet to v do i just take my pump off and run a GO-DEVIL? or do i run the propellor off of a beanie cap...

RiverToysJas
07-20-2001, 04:16 PM
Remember Miss Bubweiser is a Jet Boat and it goes 200mph!!!
Well.....it's not really a jet boat, but has a jet engine and that's kinda the same thing!
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif

126driver
07-20-2001, 04:45 PM
OK H, first of all you gotta take that upside down sunvisor off of yer head. Good. Now take that pump off and hook it back up to the irrigation system where it belongs. Plywood and wood screws (buy at Lowes) should fix that transom hole just fine. A little bit of bathtub caulk should keep you afloat. C'mon. The wife will never part with the Go-Devil, and beanie caps are only suitable for bar-wear. The drag flattie guys are gonna insist that your motor is in backwards. Consider the source.
From there, it's all up to your creativity. GMC driveshaft hooked to a C-500, run the circle saw through the bottom of your boat at an angle (any 'ole angle is just fine) and find a prop shaft at the nearest Parker salvage yard. The old "roll the pool q-stick on the table" trick will let you know if it's a good shaft. Don't be alarmed at the price, v-drive stuff is spendy. Any decent v-drive guy will tell you that it's all props, gears and setup. The trick here is to remember that bigger is better (the girls will attest to that). Find the biggest bronze 3-blade prop that you can and it should handle the HP of that 100 mph jet boat motor just fine. An added advantage of brass is that it hammers pretty straight after the frequent beaching. After that, it's all a matter of fine-tuning. I suggest that you wear beer-goggles. I am.
Have fun and keep us posted.
Scott

SCOTT
08-07-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 126driver:
All jet boats go 100 MPH, don't they? Hey! Pass that beer bong.
Scott
Mine does! How fast is your boat?-DONT LIE!
[This message has been edited by 126driver (edited July 20, 2001).]

08-07-2001, 10:18 AM
Go easy on him Scott[126driver] as he is new here, he know not what he does. HAHAHAHAH

126driver
08-07-2001, 01:55 PM
Mine does! How fast is your boat?-DONT LIE!
Hehheh, I don't know how fast it goes Scott. Can't see the speedo - cupholder gets in the way.
126driver

08-07-2001, 07:15 PM
Hey SCOTT, These guys [126driver and Larry] do a hundred mph+ in circles...many circles, be careful what you say now, you may be in over your head. Now tell all of us how fast your boat is, don't lie!

triple x tx
08-21-2001, 06:00 PM
my tx jet runs a "NO SHIT" 103 on the radar gun......BUT......if my motor was in say a sanger hydro......it would be sick!!!!

Dimarco Kid
08-21-2001, 06:18 PM
My first pass in my jet boat, it ran EXACTLY 1/2 of my hydro's speed on it's first pass! Now that's ironic!!
Dimarco Kid
oh the score was 62 to 124. Win goes to hydro.

08-21-2001, 07:08 PM
Triple x tx, does it have to be in a Sanger, or will any hydro do?

triple x tx
08-21-2001, 07:27 PM
doesnt have to be a sanger i suppose any quality well built hydro would do...

triple x tx
08-21-2001, 07:30 PM
when i say sick i mean hold on to your asshole we going for a ride

GasTurbine
09-13-2001, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas:
Remember Miss Bubweiser is a Jet Boat and it goes 200mph!!!
Well.....it's not really a jet boat, but has a jet engine and that's kinda the same thing!
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif
Actually, its a Gas Turbine Jet engine...Check out my "jet boat" at the web site under my profile.

PGF545
09-13-2001, 01:58 PM
GAS....I just looked at the pictures and that boat is wild. How did you come up with an idea like that??? I thought that I was crazy drving a Pro Gas Flat but that this is whack!!!!! Looks like a fun ride especially when the local "Hot Boats" pulls up and wants to race...lol.

Jungle Boy
09-13-2001, 04:47 PM
What are all you jet boaters doing over here? Pickin' fights, right on. Anyone who points there motor the wrong way can't be normal.

GasTurbine
09-14-2001, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy:
What are all you jet boaters doing over here? Pickin' fights, right on. Anyone who points there motor the wrong way can't be normal.
My "jet boat" has a v-drive in it...thats what Im doing here. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

superdave013
09-14-2001, 05:31 AM
Gas, Keep posting here man. Anyone who can even think of something as crazy as that gets mad props from me! Your engine is not backwards and your still not normal! I still can't get over that baot. I would love to see it run but don't know if I'ed be stepping up for a ride. Just tell me that you do wear a lifeline type of lifejacket when driving it.

Bad Ass Flat
09-14-2001, 07:30 AM
Gas Turbine, I thinks your balls have to ride shot gun

DetroitJim
09-14-2001, 07:52 AM
Hey GasTurbine:
I found a pic of your boat on the net a long time ago and put it up on the wall of my office for inspiration!! Haven't been able to find it since. Hey, there is still one more Michigan Hot Boat Association meet on Sept. 22 and 23 at Wampler's Lake, Irish hills area near Brooklyn, Mi. Bring that boat up here! You should join our club, we run with the Indiana gang at the Coldwater drags and some Ohio guys come up to our meets.
See ya
DetroitJim

superdave013
09-14-2001, 08:10 AM
DetroitJim, What are the Coldwater drags like? I grew up in that area (Lake James,IN) but moved to Calif years ago. I'm glad to hear that the hot boat sceen is growing back there.

GasTurbine
09-18-2001, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by superdave013:
Gas, Keep posting here man. Anyone who can even think of something as crazy as that gets mad props from me! Your engine is not backwards and your still not normal! I still can't get over that baot. I would love to see it run but don't know if I'ed be stepping up for a ride. Just tell me that you do wear a lifeline type of lifejacket when driving it.
Thanks Dave.
On the first day, we took our time running it up. We had 150mph rated jackets, orange helmets, dead-man teather on each of us, a chase boat (my 19' Cheetha 430hp/Berkley jet), and a 60' line with a bouy on the end of it, tied to the boat (in case we fliped, we would know where to salvage it).
That day we eventually made 130mph. Now after 2 years, the boat has proved to be very stable and reliable, we keep the jackets handy, eye goggles, still use the dead-man, and wear helicoptor issue noise-canceling communication head-sets.
As for the ride...let me know when your around central Ohio. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

superdave013
09-18-2001, 08:40 PM
That's wild. I am from Indiana so I just might have to make a special trip back just to see your boat run. I have my own Lifeline chute jacket and would be sure to bring it!