PDA

View Full Version : 4 SPEED BOAT?

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-26-2003, 08:29 PM
I was watching the V-DRIVE VIDEO and some guy had a flat with a 4 speed and a ford? Correct me if i am wrong. I have never seen a set up like that. Its not like i have seen a lot of set ups. How does that work?Clutch? frown

GofastRacer
04-27-2003, 07:06 AM
You are right, he has a 4 speed behind an FE, I do believe the boat is an old Hallet. He bangs gears just as if it was in a car, he says it works great, I've watched him run, it seems to work!. It is different though!. You should see the cars that he tows it with!... eek!

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Cool not as much HP loss as a auto.

voodooCanoe
04-28-2003, 01:13 PM
4 speed and a clutch?

mickeyfinn
04-28-2003, 01:15 PM
I've seen one here and it seems like I remember something about him using a CO2 shifter. Does that make sense?

Jetboatguru
04-29-2003, 08:59 AM
We ran a liberty 5 speed in a our Pro gas Flat. It worked off of rpm activated switches. Did not perform like we would have liked but it was still cool to drive.

fastvdriver
04-30-2003, 06:14 AM
I would like to see pics. of a four speed boat? that is not using a lenco.

superdave013
04-30-2003, 06:21 AM
fastvdriver:
I would like to see pics. of a four speed boat? that is not using a lenco. You will have to wait untill next week. That boat should be at Needles and I'll try to snap a few pics of it.

BGMAN203
04-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Jetboatguru:
We ran a liberty 5 speed in a our Pro gas Flat. It worked off of rpm activated switches. Did not perform like we would have liked but it was still cool to drive. Hey Tony,
Did you notice that the boat wanted to take a new set when it went into the next gear??

Squeezing Spectra
05-01-2003, 12:02 AM
The boat you are talking about has a 427 ford and a 4 speed with a clutch pedal and yes he did shift it, it belongs to a guy named AJ he normally goes to parker but i believe he will be in needles this weekend, but i saw the boat a little while ago and he has removed the tranny. Bruce

HavasuDreamin'
05-01-2003, 08:40 AM
So how in the heck to you work the down plate with one foot on the gas and the other on the clutch? Do you have to lock it into position and not adjust while going through the gears? :confused:

BGMAN203
05-01-2003, 09:05 AM
HavasuDreamin':
So how in the heck to you work the down plate with one foot on the gas and the other on the clutch? Do you have to lock it into position and not adjust while going through the gears? :confused: Thats a damn good question! wink
Yeah how in the hell did he do that??? :confused:

voodooCanoe
05-01-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm going to assume the hull is not a flat bottom?... but what the hell do I know. If it is, how do keep your ass in the seat. Wouldn't that be like throwing out the anchor every time to jab the clutch? Way too much shit going on there for
me. Steering,Plating it and shifting it...wholly crap!